Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Tigers lead nation in total snaps, but Morris says even more is possible
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Tigers lead nation in total snaps, but Morris says even more is possible

Oct 24, 2011, 2:53 PM

Tigers lead nation in total snaps, but Morris says even more is possible

The Clemson offense currently leads the nation in number of snaps taken with 626, 12 more than second place Texas Tech. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Kevin Steele should absolutely heed this point

Oct 24, 2011, 3:03 PM

"The absolute worst thing we can do right now is confuse them. Players that are confused don’t play confident – they play slow."

Imagine how many more snaps we'd have ...

Oct 24, 2011, 3:04 PM

...if we weren't trying to hasten the game's end vs. UNC, Auburn and BC?

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Imagine how many more snaps we'd have ...

Oct 24, 2011, 3:07 PM

rather be trying to run out the clock with a lead than playing catch up though...

Oct 24, 2011, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Imagine how many more snaps we'd have ... ]

Was thinking the same thing but did anyone else want to see Cole Stout really try to keep up the pace so the second string really knows how it feels to run an uptempo offense?

I felt like we missed a chance to improve Cole and the rest of the second string by just laying down and wasting the clock.

Granted this is only a small complaint and after seeing the defense give up 14 points pretty quickly I understand Dabo was just trying to get out of there in good shape but if Boyd goes down again we could use Cole having the game time under his belt.

Agree with that.....wanted to see Stoudt throw the ball

Oct 24, 2011, 4:26 PM

instead of hand it off every time.

Re: Agree with that.....wanted to see Stoudt throw the ball

Oct 25, 2011, 2:09 AM

Urban Myer said it best u have to have your back up QB ready to go so your offense doesnt miss a beat if starter goes down and not allowing Stoudt to throw and get game reps throwing doesnt really get him ready for that god for saken day when his # is called due to Boyd injury.

Oct 24, 2011, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Imagine how many more snaps we'd have ... ]

Cole goes through the real deal every day in pactice. From that, I believe he gets it....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2011, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Imagine how many more snaps we'd have ... ]

Imagine how many more snaps we'd have if Kourtnei stopped returning touchdowns and Sammy stopped returning kicks... ;)

Re: Front Page Story: Tigers lead nation in total snaps, but Morris says even more is possible

Oct 24, 2011, 3:41 PM

While we're certainly taking a lot of snaps, Texas Tech has played one less game than us.

Re: Front Page Story: Tigers lead nation in total snaps, but Morris says even more is possible

Oct 24, 2011, 4:38 PM

Shhh, don't tell the team that!

Yeah, and we'll play 1 more game then them in the end...

Oct 24, 2011, 5:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Tigers lead nation in total snaps, but Morris says even more is possible ]

So long as we make the ACCCG

Oct 24, 2011, 3:59 PM

no video this week?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is our school record for yards/game and yards/play?

Oct 24, 2011, 4:30 PM

I'm not talking this year, but school record for a complete season. Are we on pace to beak both of those records this year? I'm assuming we are, yes?

how is that 6th in TD's? Wouldn't that be 8th?***

Oct 24, 2011, 4:42 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is Amazing is almost no muffed snaps

Oct 24, 2011, 4:43 PM

An amazing stat to me is that we have 626 snaps, with most of them coming out of the shotgun formation. Huge credit to our center, as I can't recall any mis-snaps. We might have had 1 or 2 that I can't remember but that is a good statistic that probably gets overlooked. I think Florida had about 6 or 7 in one game last year if I remember right.

Oct 24, 2011, 6:05 PM

Loyal Clemson fan for years. And I will admit, I did not see this coming. What a year it has been. This is fun. Let's keep winning.

Especially more if the "D" would dominate like at VT

Oct 24, 2011, 9:08 PM

Too many extra plays due to missed tackles & extra yards allowed by tentative players. Need attacking headhunters to wrap up and throw guys down in the dirt.

Why you get all the good scoops?***

Oct 24, 2011, 9:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only 70% of the O, watch out Bees, Deacs, Pups and Coots!!***

Oct 25, 2011, 8:26 AM

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic