Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Recruiting Update: Two Scar commits decommit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Football Recruiting Update: Two Scar commits decommit

Sep 23, 2013, 12:15 PM

Two Scar commits decommit

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Germans

Sep 23, 2013, 12:16 PM

I scooped you 10 minutes before...

Re: Football Recruiting Update: Two Scar commits decommit

Sep 23, 2013, 12:16 PM

Any chance Clemson gets them now?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. I think Clemson is higher on DJ Smith than Green.

Sep 23, 2013, 12:30 PM

But it does not appear there is interest either way with Green.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Sep 23, 2013, 12:17 PM

http://www.thetelecomblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/rats-sinking-ship-380x198.jpg

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Image

Sep 23, 2013, 12:20 PM

funny. would be even funnier with a german flag on the ship given the thread. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SMS Bismarck***

Sep 23, 2013, 12:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Image

Sep 23, 2013, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Image ]

Great pic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Green

Sep 23, 2013, 12:21 PM

I thought Green had narrowed his choices to Clemson and South Carolina before commuting to USuC, but now not seeing Clemson as being one of his schools of interest now. Looks like he wants to stay in the $EC.

more background info

Sep 23, 2013, 12:55 PM

from our favorite, AJC's Michael Carville:
http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/college-recruiting/2013/sep/22/spurrier-loses-2-top-recruits-georgia/

Cornerback Wesley Green and defensive end Arden Key, teammates at M.L. King High School, both backed off their pledges from South Carolina. Green is a senior, while Key is a junior.
“After they talked it over with their families, they just thought it would be best decision for right now,” M.L. King coach Cortez Allen told the AJC on Sunday night. “It’s just to make sure that they are doing the right thing and have the best situation moving forward. They both enjoyed their visits up there, and they like what South Carolina has going on. But they hadn’t really heard from South Carolina a whole lot, and that kind of worried them.
“I think they both still really like South Carolina. But again, just from their standpoint, you know how kids are. They were asking me about why weren’t hearing much from South Carolina. I told them that ‘I can understand. That’s kind of weird. But just call them. Call South Carolina and see what’s going on.’ That would be my only answer to the kids. I don’t get into recruiting a lot with our kids. I just guide them when they have questions.”
What are some reasons that South Carolina might not be maintaining contact on a regular basis? Allen said he hadn't heard from South Carolina's coaches since his two players committed over the summer.
“I’m really not sure why,” Allen said. “Like I tried to explain to my kids, once you’re committed, those guys feel like the relationship is there. But at the same time, you’ve got to let kids know that you’re there. That’s what they are used to. And if they’re not getting the attention, they feel like something is wrong. Our kids just hadn’t had a lot of contact with South Carolina. That kind of made Wesley a little nervous, and Arden is always watching. Those guys are pretty close, and that kind of made Arden think about things as well.
“These kids that are high profile ... they’re used to getting a lot of attention. Then they commit and they don’t hear from a college. Then they talk to other kids being recruited by other schools, and hear about how those kids are talking to coaches once per week. Or how they are constantly in contact with each other on Facebook or Twitter all the time. And our kids are like, ‘Well, I haven’t heard from my coach.’ I guess it bothered our kids’ egos a little bit.”
The 5-foot-11, 170-pound Green is a 4-star prospect who committed to South Carolina over Clemson last June. He claimed an early offer from UGA, but not Georgia Tech.
Green told the AJC on Sunday night that he was now considering UGA, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Auburn and South Carolina.
UGA is hoping to sign at least one more defensive back in this year’s recruiting class.
Key is a 6-5, 200-pounder who is rated as a 4-star for 2015.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will be very interesting if they end up at Ol'Miss! :)***

Sep 23, 2013, 12:28 PM

My first thought before I'd seen his list. +1.***

Sep 23, 2013, 2:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh sorry KornCOOT!***

Sep 23, 2013, 12:56 PM

please pin this update

Sep 24, 2013, 3:31 PM

it brings a smile to my face every time i check tnet

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic