Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
After Further Review...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

After Further Review...

Nov 9, 2020, 12:51 PM

It’s time for instant replay to go.

Am I the only one who thinks it is time for review to be eliminated? I have always hated the idea that a coach had to challenge to get a call right. Why is it his job to force a referee to get the call right? Why should a questionable call cost a coach a timeout? I also hate that play has changed to circumvent getting calls being overturned (hurry up). Ridiculous. Don’t get me started about pass interference. Add those to the fact that even after review, plays are called wrong. It just adds up to a system now worse than before replay, in my opinion.

Let the humans on the field do their best and live with it. JMHO.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Negative ghost rider

Nov 9, 2020, 12:56 PM

Get it right

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But they still don't get it right, so what's the point?***

Nov 9, 2020, 1:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

"Well, I'm with you fellows."

Nov 9, 2020, 1:58 PM

name that movie!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: "Well, I'm with you fellows."

Nov 9, 2020, 2:12 PM

I could be wrong, but I think it's more like "fellers"
`Delmar -- O Brother -- a remarkably quotable movie

Re: Negative ghost rider

Nov 9, 2020, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Negative ghost rider ]

I think it works 99.9% of the time and that's as good as condon or an anti bacterial spray.I believe there is a higher percentage of corrupt refs than we will ever know, and I don't want them having any influence on any certain games.

I'm with you. What's the point of replay if it

Nov 9, 2020, 12:58 PM

doesn't even work? When there's clear, indisputable evidence that a call was wrong, but the call stands anyway, then why bother? The OTs took forever because of replay Saturday, and the "review of the review" as BigCUFan® correctly called it, was atrocious.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I'm with you. What's the point of replay if it

Nov 9, 2020, 1:07 PM

I'm pretty sure the reviews took extra long in the Notre Dame game because they were being done in the Vatican.

;)

The key is...

Nov 9, 2020, 1:01 PM

not to put a group of one-eyed blind men in the replay booth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: After Further Review...

Nov 9, 2020, 1:03 PM

Clemson gets screwed by replay about 25% of the time. If you got rid of replay, the on-the-field calls would screw Clemson 75% of the time. A world with replay is better for Clemson than a world without.

Nov 9, 2020, 1:10 PM

The thing that gets me about the reviews is that they take so darn long. Some of them are obvious and should take no longer than a minute, but they take 3-4 minutes. Saturday night was plain stupid. It was an exciting game, but it dragged on forever.

The commercials didn't help either...

Nov 9, 2020, 1:13 PM

Maybe it's unique to NBC but I don't recall any other network having this many commercial breaks during a football game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: The commercials didn't help either...

Nov 9, 2020, 1:16 PM

NBC and ND were trying to ICE Potter it felt like.

Re: The commercials didn't help either...

Nov 9, 2020, 1:22 PM [ in reply to The commercials didn't help either... ]

Actually, they had to pay back the advertisers.

Because Biden's speech pre-empted the game in the first half, the refs provided NO TV timeouts. ND's game plan in the first half was to maintain possession and run clock, so Don Munson had to apologize to local broadcasters at one point because they were several breaks behind. He promised that they would get them all in, but I don't think the officiating crew intentionally helped out using replay spots. That was totally uncalled for.

Nov 9, 2020, 1:18 PM

I guess im for replay because I remember so many crucial close calls get reversed in favor if Clemson.

Instant replay's not the problem.

Nov 9, 2020, 1:25 PM

Blind fools that can't even get it right with slow-mo video is the problem.

Nov 9, 2020, 1:26 PM

I agree with you. It’s time consuming and they get wrong about 50% of the time. Plus I think it would help to improve on field officiating because they would not feel so many of their calls would be questioned. Replay review is killing MLB!

Why have officials on the field just let the guy in the replay booth fire out a yellow flag out onto the field to stop play. Then take 10 minutes to make a call.

Yes I am ready for it to go. It adds nothing positive to the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too many targeting calls wouldn't be reversed

Nov 9, 2020, 1:33 PM

I get what you're saying and these old guys do basically an okay job without the review. But that targeting call is so bang-bang, I think it has to be reviewed. Not sure what the percentage of the calls being reversed are on that call, but it just seems that the defense could run out of players real quick.

Go Tigers AND Stay Well Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

only review the targeting calls?***

Nov 9, 2020, 2:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe so.

Nov 10, 2020, 9:45 AM

Not sure it'd be financially feasible to have a guy just reviewing targeting calls though. I guess if they do what the poster suggested (doing away with it all together), the length of the game would surely be shortened.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic