Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm with Quozzel, it's a cult. The Republican Party ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1,717

I'm with Quozzel, it's a cult. The Republican Party ...

Sep 9, 2020, 11:31 AM

has been hijacked and bullied into the Trump party. Fact, the party put out no platform at the RNC other than paraphrasing that "whatever Trump says or wants is our platform". This has never happened before. I wanted to start a new thread on this issue that is less about policy, because as a conservative myself, I agree with some of the policy. This is more about the assault on truth and the morals, principals and integrity of our nation. I'll get to the definition of cult later and I'll try to be brief.

So, I'll start with the Russian "hoax" or as Barr calls it, "the Russia-gate scandal". If U really want to know, read the findings(5-7 pages) of the recent Senate INTEL Committee report. The findings in it “provided new revelations and the most comprehensive description to date of Russia’s activities and the threat they posed”. The 6 republicans and 5 dems on the committee had to agree on the wording of each “finding”(i.e. as close to the actual truth we are gonna get at this point) ...

https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/report_volume5.pdf

Draw your own conclusions as I have mine. I don't like seeing words like "grave counterintelligence threat” tho. Also, know that significant information in the report remains redacted and then way deep in the report somebody suggests that the redacted information is related to collusion with the Russian interference while information that might cast doubt on investigations into that interference is released wholesale. Hmmm? So, when I learned of this, I sent an email out to my Trumper golf buddies that I've known for 40+ years and I can vouch for their personal character and integrity. All agreed that the findings were damning, but then they all added that "they didn't care". Whoa, ###??? These are the same people that would care VERY DEEPLY if I cheated on the 18th hole to steal $2 from them in a $1 nassau match. SMH!

So, now lets evaluate Barr's recent testimony before congress where he calls it "the Russia-gate scandal" and also Trump's statement after Bannon's recent fraud arrest when he stated that “there was great and tremendous lawlessness in the Obama administration” and “they spied on my campaign illegally”. So, Barr said "there was NO basis for this(i.e. the Crossfire Hurricane) investigation and that it was politically motivated". While watching his testimony, I decided to look up the referenced DOJ inspector general Michael Horowitz report….

https://www.justice.gov/storage/120919-examination.pdf

In looking at the conclusions of that report, it's VERY CLEAR that Barr lied (I know, Ur shocked right and this from the same guy that sat in an interview recently and said something like he was not aware of state laws in regards to someone voting twice, SMH) and it is also very clear that it was the FBI that spied on Trump's campaign and that it was legally initiated without bias. Why, cause Trump hired someone as foreign policy advisor (btw, went to jail) that was stupid enough to tell a Friendly Foreign Government in a May 2016 meeting that the "Trump team had received some kind of a suggestion from Russia that it could assist in the election process with the anonymous release of information during the campaign that would be damaging to candidate Clinton". In looking through those DOJ conclusions, I only found that the FBI was off in that FISA applications were not “scrupulously (weasel lawyer word, IMO) accurate.", but I didn't read or care to read the whole 400+ pages. So, same thing, I send an email out to my Trumper golf buddies and all stated that "they didn't care". SMH again! Another thing, Michael Cohen confirms the above in his new book, “Disloyal”. Do I believe 100%, absolutely not as he’s a proven liar attorney. But, I tend to believe most because he has had many chances to further lie and do even more damage to Trump both in last nights interviews and before Congress, but his answer was something like "I didn't know anything about that particular issue". So, what about Trump's “there was great and tremendous lawlessness in the Obama administration” comment. I was curious and I looked it up and a picture is worth a thousand words ….

I fact checked a few of those and it appears to be fairly accurate. My guess is they left the senior Bush out because he was squeaky clean also but, in the great words of Ronald Reagan … “WELL” … at least Trump was beating Nixon at that point, which was in Sept., 2019. But, we’re still counting and it has already gone up with fraud Bannon, and likely will be going up more …

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/senate-made-criminal-referral-trump-jr-bannon-kushner-two-others-n1237155

Of course, with Barr in command of the DOJ now, it may take awhile. I could go on and on and on, esp. on Covid in response to SavageTigs challenge the other day about explaining how some or most of the US Covid deaths being squarely on Trump's shoulders, but I won't bore or bother cause like Quozzel said, kinda like beating your head against a wall, it won't change any Trumper's minds about what is right and was should be considered wrong. Which brings me back to the definition of cult, look it up for yourself, but 5 years ago, I never thought my friends would be so cavalier about lying and cheating from someone that holds the highest office in the world. It's been a huge challenge to my feelings towards them and I keep hoping for some miracle or something. I heard something the other day that may define cult even better, "In the Bible, your savior dies for you. In a cult(of personality), there is a chance you die for your savior(leader)". So IMHO, this is a picture a socially irresponsible person that could care less for "we the people":

So, RIP Herman Cain! And RIP to the 900 or so health care workers and the 100+ cops lost from Covid that Trump could also care less about(even accused the HCW's of stealing PPE cause it was being used so quick). As Biden said, this is the battle for the “SOUL OF A NATION”, and I don’t think he will be able to fix anything or everything, esp. with our broken Congress, but to me, definitely the lesser of two evils …. this time … but can’t wait for the new (actually the old) GOP to return. Rand Paul was right back in 2015/16 when he said he was scared that Trump would turn the USA into his "bully fiefdom".

Based on my experience over the last 3 days, even after explaining who I am and why it took me so long to start posting on this site(see above for some), I'm positive that this post will be immediately bashed from some with downvotes. It took me only 6 posts to to reach 51% and I was like ###, somebody's gonna think I'm a dammmmn coot or is that dirt ######. Just wish I had a backlog of thumbs up's from EXCELLENT football posts like Quozzel to offset them. But I decided screw it, IDC, it's AMERICAN DEMOCRACY FIRST and I put me in the "republican voters against Trump" and "the Lincoln project" category some time ago. U also have to admit, there are no ads as hard hitting as Republican ads:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TogbPPyQQM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you Triggered?

Sep 9, 2020, 11:36 AM

You sound triggered.....

TLDR***

Sep 9, 2020, 11:39 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When the middle is paralyzed, the extremes rise in power

Sep 9, 2020, 11:51 AM

Happens all the time. Trump is a pure populist. He has no ideological underpinnings. He speaks to the masses, and appeals to those who have felt left out of politics. The same appeal exists on the left. The AOC and Pelosi's of the world appeal to those on the far left who have for a long time felt left out. I mean we have a paralyzed centrist running the GOP controlled Senate. We have Nancy Pelosi running the House, and Trump in the White House. We still don't have any conservatives in power. It's poor leadership that we have. Biden is the most centrist dem candidate, and yet he's horrible and is not fit for office. His politics are bad. He's a relic of many bad decades of leadership. But the new blood is worse.

This doesn't end well.

Sure would be a nice time for an Article V convention. It's our only hope really. Term limits for Congress and a balanced budget amendment, phased in over a decade or two.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When the middle is paralyzed, the extremes rise in power

Sep 9, 2020, 11:58 AM

Tiggity, I agree with everything you say, except for the fact that while this does happen all the time, I think most folks would agree it does not happen to the extent it has with Trump. He has really created a cult of blind sheep.
But you are 100% correct regarding our need for term limits ASAP and a balanced budget to be implemented over decades. I would love to think we could do this without constitutional amendments, but maybe that’s naïve.

Sep 9, 2020, 12:09 PM [ in reply to When the middle is paralyzed, the extremes rise in power ]

Yup.

My hope is there's enough of us who see that that we can somehow effect the change that needs to happen. There's a whole litany of good ideas by guys like the Problem Solvers coalition and Nolabels.org out there that people are ignoring in favor of political invective.

Lot of pretty good solutions proposed...if only common sense would prevail for once and folks would work across the aisle again.

I think we can. Just maybe not in this environment...and history tells us if you want a pragmatist, you usually do need a Republican. (It just isn't going to be Trump's GOP!)

https://www.nolabels.org/

I don't even think of Trump as a republican

Sep 9, 2020, 1:08 PM

Guy who replied before you hit on something. Trump has a cult, but extreme leaders always do. The GOP is not his cult, although he has fans. But Trump is Trump, period. He draws from the GOP. Cult leaders tend not to effect change by persuading others, but by conquering others to come into their fold. Hitler had a cult. He took his brown-shirts and eventually subjugated the Weimar Parliament to his control, and the rest is an awful history. MAO in China, same thing. Started on the fringe, drew followers, then asserted control. It can happen from the left or right. Extremes take over dysfunctional democracies, and then instead of participating in the process, they hijack the process to achieve their personal goals. There is no ideological underpinning beyond their cult, and control.

And the dems are not immune to this tendency either. The political spectrum is not linear. Technically it's circular. The farthest extremes to the right and left, are very similar. Reactionaries or revolutionaries, they each eventually meet ideologically in the form of totalitarianism. Right now the danger is from the right. It also resides on the left, but they're not occupying the White House at the moment. But the AOC's of the world, the BLM protesters, the anti-capitalists, all extremes, all have disproportionate voices in America now. And all dangerous as ####. Someone as far right as Trump is not going to save us from AOC, or vice versa. It's like a car swerving and over correcting. Cognitive Madisonianism on steroids. We may end up in the ditch if we're not careful.

Place each President on the political spectrum and you can see the swerving. We had Reagan, a solid conservative, who played within the system to affect change. Then we had Bush Sr, who was a moderate. He turned off conservatism and we swerved left with Bill Clinton. Then we went back to a more centrist GWB. He was weak, and we swerved farther left with Obama, then yanked the wheel way too hard with Trump. Next stop is the ditch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2020, 2:14 PM [ in reply to When the middle is paralyzed, the extremes rise in power ]

Tiggity,

I serving for a number of years in Congress is such an awful thing, why do Americans keep electing these long serving incumbents ??

Right here in our district, Americans are getting ready to elect Jeff Duncan to his 6th term.

Sep 9, 2020, 2:21 PM [ in reply to When the middle is paralyzed, the extremes rise in power ]

Tiggity,

A Balanced Budget Amendment is a very bad idea. If the American Government had been limited by such an amendment in the 1940s, they would have been forced to stay by and watch Nazi germany take over all of Europe. If we had one today we could not have responded to this virus and the economic damage that it has caused.

If American families live under a balanced budget rule, no one would ever be able to buy a house. And most businesses would never be able to grow without carrying debt from one year to the next.

Politicians of both parties keep trying to buy votes by spending wildly, but we keep electing them for it so it is foolish to expect them to stop. However, a Balanced Budget Amendment is a horrible way to try to resolve that problem.

I hope that's a copy & paste...

Sep 9, 2020, 11:53 AM

a lot of work for no minds changed

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He changed my mind.

Sep 9, 2020, 11:54 AM

I was going to read it until I opened it and saw how long it was.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great!

Sep 9, 2020, 12:02 PM

It was more of a cathartic process stream of consciousness thing that might make me feel better in like 5 months, knowing that I was compelled to at least try so when half the country starts chanting "Heil Trump" and "12 more years", I can feel better about myself as I'm driving across the border to Canada. I guess that's assuming that any country will let us enter at that point. LOL! And much was cut and paste from my emails to my (potentially former) buddies.

this abstract...

Sep 9, 2020, 12:05 PM

I was compelled to at least try so when half the country starts chanting "Heil Trump" and "12 more years"

is useful

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great!

Sep 9, 2020, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Great! ]

Canada huh? Say hello to Rosie and Cher

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope that's a copy & paste...

Sep 9, 2020, 9:04 PM [ in reply to I hope that's a copy & paste... ]

Well franc, this one has been bugging me all day so here is how I'll respond. 1) there was cut and paste as I note below; 2) my engineering business has been in a little lull since the pandemic so I've got plenty of time and 3) It's kinda like when I stood up in front of our church and gave my testimony. You hope that your story impacts at least one individual and then the effort and pain in the rear would be worth it. Fortunately, about 6 months after my testimony, a 16 year old girl came up to me and told me that my story impacted her and helped her make her decision for Christ and our church. Unfortunately, this was shortly before I learned thru my engineering business that my church was throwing tons of our donated money down the drain to a contractor that was evidently really good "friends" with the main person in the church that selected them as the contractor. So, like everything, a true paradox and I wondered if I had ultimately done that 16 year old girl a good deed or not. My ultimate decision, Christ yes, church which are controlled by imperfect humans .... ehh. So kinda same here.

Re: I'm with Quozzel, it's a cult. The Republican Party ...

Sep 9, 2020, 11:55 AM

I agree with most of those thoughts - obviously! - but my observation is, people's opinions are pretty entrenched - and then coated with a layer of cement - at this point, for or against. Changing any minds at this point...well, good luck. I haven't managed to change any, anyhow. I'm starting to suspect no one really has.

Right at 40-43% of the population seems to be strongly for Trump. About 50-55% seems strongly against. Nothing much has really moved that needle appreciably, basically his entire term. It won't get Trump re-elected but I really don't think it'll be until he's voted out and people get some time and distance on this thing that anybody's going to be able to have a rational discussion about it, you know?

In Trump's own words: it is what it is. Especially at this point.

When you have a polorizing figure such as Trump

Sep 9, 2020, 11:57 AM

there isn't much undecided this close to an election.

People are where they are. And where they are is in the "I don't give a ####" category.

Trumpers don't give a #### about anything Trump does. As long as his name is Trump they will follow him to the grave.

Anti-Trumpers don't give a #### about anything Trump does. As long as his name is Trump they will vote for ANYBODY but him.

Undecideds don't give a #### either way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I am not undecided. I can think of several dozen leaders

Sep 9, 2020, 1:20 PM

I'd rather have than either of our choices. I am very decided that we're screwed. Either way. First time I've ever had a "republican" who I can't hold my nose for any less than the dem and pull the lever for him.

I'm not voting. It's wasted either way.

Re: I am not undecided. I can think of several dozen leaders

Sep 9, 2020, 2:09 PM

Tig, I am gonna disagree, but not trying to be disagreeable. I think the vote is very important. Trump scares the crap out of me, esp. with his mate Barr, who just had the DOJ interject into a personal/state case against Trump. Another norm shattered, along with firing, part of the check and balance system, the inspector general's on several Friday nights at 10PM, the fraudulent election talk and saying stuff like: "If I lose, then the election was rigged". And far as I can tell, he is the only one trying to rig it with the "vote twice" talk and slowing the post office down thing. Kinda funny how the guy steps in in mid June and the mail is slowed 3 weeks later and the fact that they said they took the high speed sorting machines out to make the operation more "efficient and cost effective". Also kinda funny how that would save costs when these machines were already paid for and that it takes 30 people to do the work of one of those machines. This guy is friggin dangerous and to learn today, in his own words, that on 2/7/20 he KNEW the virus was airborne, highly contagious and deadly. So, I challenge U to go back and look as his 2016 RNC speech (below) from the 3 minute mark to the about the 7 minute mark (sorry could not stomach anymore after that) and will ask U, in the immortal words of the great Republican Ronald Reagan in 1980: “Are U better off (safer)now than U were 4 years ago???”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va9ilyjMyik

“Any government that does not defend the LIVES of it’s citizens, IS UNWORTHY TO LEAD”. So, UNFIT TO LEAD period. IMHO

May 30, 2013, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm with Quozzel, it's a cult. The Republican Party ... ]

q,

I don't disagree, but my question is why so many folks have such a devotion to Trump. His leadership and his policies have not been successful nor inspiring, so what is it.

It seems to me that if we could talk enough about the why then maybe we could glean some promising avenues for discussion on issues that might lead to productive results.

Why do you think Trump supporters seem so all in for him ?

Sep 9, 2020, 3:20 PM

They successfully sell the idea that there is a barbarian horde of leftists and (cough) colored people out there who are going to take their jerbs, break into their houses, steal away the souls of their children, and corrupt the future of our nation into some politically correct Communist state while taking 90% of their paychecks to turn the country into another Venezuela.

They're afraid.

The real issue is, in my opinion, actually manufacturing and farming jobs. Those jobs are evaporating. Fifty years ago, 30% of Americans worked in manufacturing and another 15% were farmers, and those jobs paid very well. Now those numbers are down to 8% in manufacturing and just 2% in agriculture and uneducated workers are making less and less and the wage gap between rich and poor is skyrocketing, and the working class - especially the rural white working class, which disproportionately relied on manufacturing and farming jobs - is facing a bunch of seriously bleak prospects and a tomorrow that looks far worse than today....

...and the Democrats have completely ignored that reality because they know they can get their votes from the cities, and they successfully turned the rural areas bright red. Look at this county-by-county map and tell me where the problem is (the ones Trump won are in red):

The barbarian hoard of leftists is demonstrably real, unlike

Sep 9, 2020, 4:21 PM

the hoards of white supremacists we're constantly warned about. They've got their politically correct tentacles into every facet of our life now, I'm really not sure how that's even debatable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The barbarian hoard of leftists is demonstrably real, unlike

Sep 9, 2020, 4:33 PM

...and if they start trying to go all Thought Police on us, I will be one of the first to open my yap. I am no leftist and you might have noticed, I am neither politically correct nor shy about voicing my opinion.

I am well-aware there is a hyper-militant brand of Social Justice Warrior who exists to shout down the opposition and has a blind and reflexive hatred of anything white, male, traditional, religious, conservative...or often, even sensible. My son, just by virtue of being an athlete and football player - and white male who was raised a Republican - has to deal with this almost daily at college. The shifting demographics in this country suggests it's going to become a growing problem. ALSO feeding this trend is the growing wage disparity between rich and poor...careful, because when class mobility stagnates, that's when you've really laid the groundwork for a socialist revolution.

But for the meantime I fight the closest and most dangerous enemy first...and right now, right-wing extremism and Trump's near-ceaseless assault on the rule of law is more worrisome to many of us than the social justice warriors on the horizon behind them.

I'll deal with Trump today because he's in power. I'll deal with the Bernie Bros tomorrow and do my best to ensure they never are.

So generally speaking, we don't disagree, we just disagree

Sep 9, 2020, 5:04 PM

about what is the greatest threat currently. I personally do not see any evidence of right wing extremism, yet. But it will undoubtedly become a self-fulling prophecy if the anti-white/America stuff isn't nipped in the butt soon. The anti-white rhetoric, in particular, should be very worrisome to anyone with white kids or grandkids. Dehumanizing and demonizing certain racial groups never ends up well, for anyone. Yet, it's become completely socially acceptable in this country. Many white people even fall over themselves to take part in it. Such a baffling turn of events for someone like myself raised in the 90's, where 'color blind' ideology reigned supreme.

However, I do see the thought police on us in full force. I see leftists burning businesses, assaulting/harassing innocent people for no reason, on an almost daily basis across the country. And they're largely getting away with it, leftist DA's refusing to press charges, releasing them on little to no bail, or cops mail it in and let them have their way. You're starting to see police quit en masse, including the entire command staff in Rochester, NY, not to mention the BLM sympathetic Dallas Police Chief. The results of that will be felt pretty quickly in those communities, I suspect.

Frankly, I just don't see Trump's ceaseless assault on the rule of law, but I quit paying attention a long time ago. Too much crying wolf. Just to be clear, I don't think he's a saint, but like I've said before, the waters have become so muddied I have no idea what to believe regarding him anymore.

I also think most of the change you see in your personal life happens at a local level, thus my personal risk assessment being skewed towards that. The other big kicker for me, is that hardly anybody criticizes Democrat proposals, policies, or actions. No matter how insane they are. Even the craziest things high level Democrats say are largely swept under the rug, while Trump nothing burgers are highly reported and politicized. That's a problem.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So generally speaking, we don't disagree, we just disagree

Sep 9, 2020, 5:14 PM

Dude, sorry but U may be overlooking the danger of the violence of the far far right. Here is something to look at, and as a father who learned last week that one of his son's college roommates is a member of the KKK, I'm personally terrified by that:

https://theintercept.com/2020/07/15/george-floyd-protests-police-far-right-antifa/

There are way more mainstream articles that shed light on the same. "It is TRUMP who CHEERS violence":

/Work Documents/Desktop Stuff/IMG_2785.jpeg

The far right is not who is out there rioting, looting,

Sep 9, 2020, 5:53 PM

Burning businesses, and assaulting/harassing innocent people. I see we still haven’t given up on that narrative, though. Where are all of those far right white supremacists, anyway? Where’s the evidence any of those plans were executed?

Your sons roommate must also be like the only person in the KKK.

Re: The far right is not who is out there rioting, looting,

Sep 9, 2020, 6:03 PM

I guess U didn't bother to actually read, typical Trumpite, offense intended but: "Among the developments cited in the bulletin was the May 29 assassination of a federal court security guard in Oakland. The alleged perpetrator would later be identified as Steven Carrillo, a 32-year-old sergeant in an elite Air Force security unit. According to authorities, Carrillo would go on to ambush and kill a sheriff’s deputy and wound several others in a second targeted attack days later. In court filings last month, the FBI reported that the airman had a ballistics vest bearing a boogaloo patch. Following a shootout with police, Carrillo reportedly used his own blood to scrawl phrases associated with the movement on the hood of a vehicle he had carjacked".

Now this is the same guy referenced by Pence in his RNC speech, in which he implied the federal officer's death was due to the BLM protests. He just did not fill in the details that it was the far right "boogaloo" movement that actually did it. U are being lied to and FU, let's let the last KKK member be Ur son's roommate and see how U feel about it!!!!!!!!! #######!!!!

Re: The far right is not who is out there rioting, looting,

Sep 9, 2020, 6:11 PM [ in reply to The far right is not who is out there rioting, looting, ]

Oh, and btw, would I rather have a burned building or a dead federal officer and cop? Hmmmm, lets see, U CAN"T REPLACE A HUMAN LIFE U ###### assshole!!!

How many other people have been killed, assaulted, and

Sep 9, 2020, 6:25 PM

Had their livelihoods destroyed because of BLM and Antifa? More than one, that’s for sure. I mean, whatever, I’m not defending the boog boy guy who shot the federal officer. But if you read the story it’s more like a dude who went crazy and linked up with another crazy person, little different from the organized and funded riots we’ve seen in multiple cities for more than 3 months now.

Sorry, I honestly should have realized your intelligence level when I saw you typing “U”, and just left it alone.

Re: How many other people have been killed, assaulted, and

Sep 9, 2020, 6:33 PM

Hear we go again Quozzel, beating our head against a Fing brick wall. Ignorant idiots, just like the leader of the pack. It's the radical left, antifa,socialists, violent mob, thugs, black Mfer's that is our problem and not these priicks!!!

Sep 9, 2020, 6:51 PM

I would ask you: what good comes of calling Lakebum a "priick"?

Again, the thing I've personally observed is that good people get scared...that's one of the things that personally most disturbs me about what I'm seeing, is that I'm seeing people on both sides who I really like get at each other's throats because they're utterly convinced the other side is evil.

There's a much bigger conversation we need to have, mostly about the media and the fact that the mainstream media has moved too far left and the so-called "conservative media" that has appeared exists almost entirely to negate the effect actual media has, but basically what's happening is people are getting fed two wildly diverging sets of information.

Populist leaders do what they do by appealing to the gut, not the head...and they need friendly media outlets spreading their BS, which Trump now unfortunately has no shortage of, between Fox, OAN, and the Internet blogosphere. All the rational arguments in the world don't work on somebody who's scared and Trump, his conservative-media allies, and a whole bunch of bad (and often foreign-power) actors on social media have worked very hard at scaring the absolute bejesus out of people, even as the media - especially the talking heads on cable news - have crossed WAY over the line from being anchors to being actual pundits. There once was a large distinction between Rachel Maddow and Sean Hannity. Not anymore. Even left-leaning publications like Slate have noticed.

https://slate.com/culture/2019/03/rachel-maddow-mueller-report-trump-barr.html

If we want to get everybody back getting along again, we really have to make sure the media is held a lot more to account for their bias, credibility, and actual factuality...because while "conservative media" is a pox on our country the mainstream media isn't exactly covering itself with glory either.

Sep 9, 2020, 6:58 PM

Your right Quozzel, hate to use this as an excuse, but If he had not said the stuff about my son and the KKK, I would not have likely lost it. But I did, cause it's personal and to me dangerous for him which gets the blood boiling quick. So, I apologize to the ####### for losing my cool.

Sep 9, 2020, 6:37 PM [ in reply to How many other people have been killed, assaulted, and ]

Read and investigate, that is not the only "story" concerning the far right extremists that are using the protests as "cover". And they intend to kill where the far left intends to disrupt and burn crap(read the #### articles). I just wish we could put the far left and the far right in one room and let one idiot emerge as the "winner". Then we would know the one person who was the enemy to our Democracy. Jeez!!!

Re: So generally speaking, we don't disagree, we just disagree

Sep 9, 2020, 5:20 PM [ in reply to So generally speaking, we don't disagree, we just disagree ]
IMG_2785 2.jpeg(174.5 K)
IMG_2785.jpeg(173.1 K)

Sorry, U may have to rotate to read, if interested

https://www.tigernet.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/239969/IMG_2785.jpeg

Facts don't matter

Sep 9, 2020, 11:57 AM

Hate to see it. But facts don't matter for the cult of personality.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2020, 12:06 PM

OP is 100% correct. Unfortunately for myself and other conservatives that spend most of our days awake and alert, we recognized four years ago that Trump hijacked the Republican Party. Lots of people recognize this. Bush, McCain, Romney and others knew Trump was a fraud long before he ran for president. But unfortunately, nobody in the GOP did anything about it. They let him create a cult that is part conservative / part socialist and turned GOP legislators into sheep. Sad.

Sep 9, 2020, 12:14 PM

Read the Steele Dossier, then re-asses your conclusions

Ever considered why Obama has zeros is because he is the fox guarding the hen-house? When you have one-party control that is corrupt, of course they will not indict themselves. I'm guessing the Chinese communist gov't has a similar stellar record as Obama. Very clean and above board.

Curious as to why you do not see HRC as the epitome of corruption. She outright lied (facts that are proven) about not receiving/emailing classified information. She set up a DIY server that she had no business doing that readily gave access to Russia and China (probably others). She destroyed evidence. She indirectly paid for the Steele Dossier. AG Loretta Lynch met with Bill Clinton days before Comey let HRC off and AG Lynch decided not to pursue charges.

Look up the Clinton Foundation's federal form 990. All of them are online. See the hundreds of millions of dollars they received. Where did the money come from?

I am sure you see nothing wrong with Hunter Biden making money from Ukraine and China. Do you? If you do not, then I believe I found the source of your problems.

A cult requires some sort of root believe system and a system of indoctrination. By definition, the Pubs are not a cult. Unless of course, you suggest the indoctrination is watching the insane, progressive MSM.

Sep 9, 2020, 12:20 PM

Excuse me, I did not vote for HRC, been GOP all my life. Hind sight being 20 20 and all. BTW, did not mean to hit upvote (still getting used to posting on this site), but no offense intended at all.

Look up the term gas lighting***

Sep 9, 2020, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm with Quozzel, it's a cult. The Republican Party ... ]

I like your funny words magic man

Sep 9, 2020, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm with Quozzel, it's a cult. The Republican Party ... ]

Sadly, you have been conned.

Sep 9, 2020, 12:41 PM

Sorry, I meant to say NC_Tiger has been conned.

Sep 9, 2020, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm with Quozzel, it's a cult. The Republican Party ... ]

Sorry, I meant to say NC_Tiger has been conned.

Sep 9, 2020, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm with Quozzel, it's a cult. The Republican Party ... ]

Had to reply again after reading ur entire post. Here is another definition of cult (of personality): "a misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular person or thing". The key words are misplaced, admiration and person. As far as the rest, I think we can all agree that we are governed by a corrupt system(see Quozzel's excellent posts above) and individuals that may not be when they get there, but soon turn that way after they get there. Hence, the words "lesser of two evils" in my OP. And this time, it's the "do nothing dems" IMHO, cause at least they will "do nothing" to the constitution. Again, just IMO.

But but but Obama, Hillary, Bill, Comey, Lynch, Biden kid

Sep 9, 2020, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm with Quozzel, it's a cult. The Republican Party ... ]

Your mental gymnastics are impeccable

Sep 9, 2020, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm with Quozzel, it's a cult. The Republican Party ... ]

Literally not one of those things you mentioned are legit. Zero. Not one.

The Steele Dossier was legit oppo research done by the Washington firm Fusion GPS, which was originally commissioned by Republicans running against Trump for the GOP nomination...and while much of it remains unsubstantiated it certainly isn't the "dirty dossier" it's been portrayed as by conservative media. Nor did the Feds really base their investigation of Trump on it either. (Don't bother, 1988. They didn't.)

HRC was really sloppy with her server setup. Yup. Her IT guy kind of kludged together this antiquated server system so Hillary and some of the other old-timers could use their Blackberries...it was a security breach and shouldn't have been allowed, but there wasn't a ton of overly sensitive information on that server, either, despite assertions to the contrary. It was stupid - a Romanian taxi driver literally hacked it - but there wasn't really a ton for anybody to really get off it. Nor was the "cover-up" nearly as organized or systematic as conservative media likes to portray. As for paying for the Steele Dossier...well, it was legit oppo research done by an American firm...and yeah, Fusion GPS decided to make still more money off the oppo research they'd generated for Trump's Republican primary opponents.

So? Still looking for an actual crime there.

As for Loretta Lynch not pressing charges, what charges would you have liked to see her press? Ivanka Trump has gotten caught doing almost identical things not once but twice now and she hasn't even had her hand slapped. She just does not care.

As for the "Clinton Foundation", just stop. Steve Bannon is up on fraud charges right now because he re-directed a few million from an alleged non-profit. Are you telling me a justice department led by Bill Barr wouldn't have cheerfully windmill-dunked all over the Clintons if they'd illegally pilfered hundreds of millions of dollars somehow from their charitable foundation?

As for Hunter Biden making money from Burisma, no doubt, it's a bad look. Not technically illegal, but the Ukrainians were clearly keeping him around so he could try to influence his dad, and that created an inherent conflict of interest. Of course, since Whataboutism is not off-limits in this conversation, we could go into the gazillion far more glaring conflicts of interest represented by having Trump's kids working at the White House while doing side hustles that literally netted them hundreds of millions of dollars and peddling their products and influence all over the globe while oil sheiks and international arms dealers pour their money into Trump hotels and properties...all while Trump does not divest himself from his business interests as he was legally required to do...but hey. Burisma. Burisma. Hunter Biden. The hypocracy is beyond unbelievable on this one and literally leaves me shaking my head. Hunter Biden was trading on his father's name, granted. But again: where's the actual crime again? You think Bill Barr's justice department, again, wouldn't cheerfully go after him were there one to prosecute?

And then you conclude that indoctrination is watching the "insane, progressive MSM", when you're stuffed so full of wrong information you literally come across as a piece of Alt-Right malware.

Trump fam also disallowed from running charity in NY

Sep 9, 2020, 2:39 PM

Yeah, but it's the Clintons who are dirty.

Replies: 45
| visibility 1,717
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic