Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’m typically not one to point the finger at one side or the other
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

I’m typically not one to point the finger at one side or the other

Apr 5, 2020, 3:20 PM

but this PC nonsense from Democrats has ###### us this time. Viruses like this run their course through society and are gone usually, but with this one the media got a hold of it and shamed everybody who didn’t close up shop and go home and now the entire world is shut down and the ramifications for that will last much longer than this virus would have.

Are people dying? Yes. Mostly people that already had health problems. The last epidemic was particularly rough on our children and society rolled on. I’m starting to think the R beside the presidents name had something to do with this.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m typically not one to point the finger at one side or the other

Apr 5, 2020, 3:29 PM

Maybe people with health issues, but a lot of them weren't terminally ill.

Apr 5, 2020, 3:39 PM

This thing hasn’t put a dent in what the flu does every single year. More people will die of the flu this year than coronavirus.

That's very likely untrue, and your claim is misinformed

Apr 5, 2020, 4:16 PM

In six days, the death toll in America has more than TRIPLED (from just under 3,000 to 9,484.

More than tripled in one week. If it keeps up at that rate, tripling every week, it will easily surpass flu fatalities in the U.S. last year in just two more weeks. In an additional week, it will more than tripled the number of flu fatalities last year.

Please get better informed about this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: That's very likely untrue, and your claim is misinformed

Apr 5, 2020, 4:20 PM

New York City is not Bumfuck SC.

Why should people in a county with a handful of cases be following the procedures where it is the most widespread?

Are you drunk?***

Apr 5, 2020, 4:22 PM

Shows the symptoms, but I believe it's just an innate thing.***

Apr 5, 2020, 4:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's very likely untrue, and your claim is misinformed

Apr 5, 2020, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Re: That's very likely untrue, and your claim is misinformed ]

Maybe because they are generally the least healthy. It will get to them too.

You do realize this isn't in place of the flu, right?

Apr 5, 2020, 5:49 PM [ in reply to Re: I’m typically not one to point the finger at one side or the other ]

People who die from this are in addition to the flu numbers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You do realize this isn't in place of the flu, right?

Apr 5, 2020, 6:38 PM

There are new strands of the flu along with old ones every year.

The Dems really are in charge of a global new world order

Apr 5, 2020, 3:43 PM

Hard to fathom they have this control over every country in the world but it must be so.

C'mon, man.

Apr 5, 2020, 4:09 PM

-This virus is growing in its death rate. It's 6 percent worldwide and 3 percent in the U.S.
-People are dying by the hundreds every day. Soon, it will be by the thousands.
-It is deadlier than the flu and swine flu. It spreads faster.
-How did the media shame people into closing up shop? Look around, man. The entire U.S. is shut down, from schools to major sports to just about every #### sit-down restaurant.
-This is not some fabricated emergency by any Dems or the media. If you don't get that, start talking to any healthcare professionals you know.

I can't help but think this is maybe a satire post to mock the people who don't take this seriously.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: C'mon, man.

Apr 5, 2020, 4:12 PM

Dr Fauci just came out today and said we are struggling to get it under control.

Apr 5, 2020, 4:17 PM

Yep. This is getting worse. In less than a week, deaths have more than tripled in the U.S.

We are in very bad shape if that trend continues. And those numbers will crush the yearly flu numbers in about two weeks.

Apr 5, 2020, 4:18 PM [ in reply to C'mon, man. ]

Well it’s not. The hysteria does not match the statistics.

It’s not that the virus isn’t serious. I never said that. Never said that steps didn’t need to be take to slow the spread. There were steps taken to stop H1N1 but not a worldwide stand still that could ruin the economy and lead to many more deaths in the long run.

The fact is the entire country folded up shop because of pressure from the media and liberals. Hell yall are still giving McMaster #### and our state seems to be handling it pretty well.

Apr 5, 2020, 4:22 PM

How do you know what the stats will be in 4 weeks? How do you know what they would have been had we just did nothing the whole time?

Again, still think you're just being satirical.

Apr 5, 2020, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Re: C'mon, man. ]

But here's the stats to end this silliness:

Flu death rate: 0.1 percent

Swine flu death rate: 0.02 percent

COVID-19 death rate: 6 percent

Thanks for playing.

Those are just hard facts though, do you have a youtube

Apr 5, 2020, 4:28 PM

video from a nutcase with opposing worldview.

I'm sure there is...

Apr 5, 2020, 4:34 PM

Some idiot filming a rant of himself inside his pickup truck, like that Political Cowboy idiot.

Re: Those are just hard facts though, do you have a youtube

Apr 5, 2020, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Those are just hard facts though, do you have a youtube ]

You idiots contradict yourselves so much it’s hard to keep up.

You’ve been blaming Trump and his administration for not testing a lot more people because supposedly half the country has it but what you don’t even realize is that would actually significantly lower the death rate that you say warrants this nationwide shutdown.

Apr 5, 2020, 5:47 PM

You support trump and believe in talking snakes. Maybe sit this conversation out?

Apr 5, 2020, 9:41 PM

Do you have any more lines than the talking snake one? In your hiatus from this board you couldn’t find some better material?

Re: Again, still think you're just being satirical.

Apr 5, 2020, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Again, still think you're just being satirical. ]

Stretching the numbers a bit?

The actual death rate is between 1.1 and 2.3 percent is the US.

https://aapsonline.org/cornoavirus-covid-19-public-health-apocalypse-or-panic-hoax-and-anti-american/

How high does the death rate have to be to justify crushing the economy?

Your article is old.

Apr 5, 2020, 5:53 PM

Six days old, in fact. That's how fast this thing is evolving.

How about take a look at the most current numbers?

https://ncov2019.live/

Re: Your article is old.

Apr 5, 2020, 6:23 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/The-State-once-again-buries-the-lede-1988326

Apr 5, 2020, 6:36 PM [ in reply to Your article is old. ]

What are you trying to prove?

You still haven’t explained why the entire country should be shutdown and economy destroyed.

You keep throwing out worst case numbers like they mean something definitively.

How many deaths are ok before we decide to ruin millions of lives going forward?

Apr 6, 2020, 10:22 AM

What are you trying to prove?

That you are dead wrong with your dangerous opinion that this thing is no worse than the flu or the swine flu. These numbers have been available to all of you, thrown in your faces, and some of you still stick your fingers in your ears and refuse to listen.

You still haven’t explained why the entire country should be shutdown and economy destroyed.

I didn't argue that now, did I? But do we need to take drastic measures to stop the spread of this thing? Yes. Absolutely.

You keep throwing out worst case numbers like they mean something definitively.

I'm not throwing out "worst case numbers". I'm throwing out the actual ####### numbers.

How many deaths are ok before we decide to ruin millions of lives going forward?

So you're taking the "it's okay if a percentage of our population dies" so we can make more money?

Apr 6, 2020, 11:58 AM

Never said it wasn’t serious or that measures didn’t need to be taken.

You’re not honestly reporting the numbers, you are exaggerating worst case numbers and people doing exactly that is what has led to this ridiculous nation wide shutdown and destruction of what was a booming economy.

For some reason people like you can’t get it through your head that it’s not just about money, it’s about people’s lives being ruined because of media driven hysteria.

There are businesses in areas of the country that have minimal cases of this thing going under all because of this liberal mindset that everything needs to shutdown. That is actually happening.

Re: Again, still think you're just being satirical.

Apr 5, 2020, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Again, still think you're just being satirical. ]

Flu death rate is .01%. Its not even. .1%

You had it right to begin with

Apr 5, 2020, 8:41 PM

The virus is real and dangerous. I'm totally in favor of

Apr 5, 2020, 4:31 PM [ in reply to C'mon, man. ]

digging in our heels and doing what we can now to blunt it's impact, as long as we understand it's only temporary and we are going to have to deal with bad consequenses no matter what we do. The best medical solution will destroy our economy and bring about suffering of some degree to all of us. The best purely economic solution will result in more deaths from the virus. No magic bullet here.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt but maybe

Apr 5, 2020, 4:21 PM

you just are kind of dense. Jesus Christ.

So the whole world is in on this "democrat nonsense".

Thinking this is all overblown is one thing but to imply this is all some kind of smear against Trump?

I guess I now totally understand how someone could vote for Trump. There is zero critical thinking involved.

Regarding economics, here's a study of the Spanish Flu...

Apr 5, 2020, 4:42 PM

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/04/pandemic-economy-lessons-1918-flu/

"Our paper yields two main insights. First, we find that areas that were more severely affected by the 1918 Flu Pandemic saw a sharp and persistent decline in real economic activity. Second, we find that cities that implemented early and extensive NPIs suffered no adverse economic effects over the medium term. On the contrary, cities that intervened earlier and more aggressively experienced a relative increase in real economic activity after the pandemic subsided. Altogether, our findings suggest that pandemics can have substantial economic costs, and NPIs can lead to both better economic outcomes and lower mortality rates."

"Our evidence implies that it’s the pandemic and the associated spike in mortality that constitute the shock to the economy."

In other words, doing nothing is worse not only for control/health of the disease but also economic fallout.

Apr 5, 2020, 9:00 PM

DBGF,

Thousands of doctors and medical experts are giving us accurate and non-partisan information and you want to blame the Democrats and the media ? Really ? Just because they don't align with your ill-informed opinion ?

Back in the day, there used to be the things called facts that we all agreed on and that we all used to inform our opinions. Nowadays, it seems like just the opposite - we form our opinions and base our acceptance of the facts off of that.

Apr 5, 2020, 9:40 PM

The media has already been caught numerous times exaggerating stories and hiding positive information.

The infection rate is going down in SC and we are nowhere close to the projected numbers that put us into the state we are in.

Meanwhile there are businesses going under all over this country.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic