Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FSU- 57 rushes for 121 Yards against Northern Illinois
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,392

FSU- 57 rushes for 121 Yards against Northern Illinois

Sep 23, 2018, 1:21 PM

At one point it was 45 rushes for 67 yards. 

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a coach run the ball 57 times when they are only getting 1.2 yards a carry Deep into the 4th quarter

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: FSU- 57 rushes for 121 Yards against Northern Illinois

Sep 23, 2018, 1:26 PM

That's crazy. Cam Akers is a complete package in the back field. Surprised they can contain him at all, but then again FSU might as well not put an OL on the field from what I've seen.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FSU- 57 rushes for 121 Yards against Northern Illinois

Sep 23, 2018, 1:27 PM

Shh...it's all Jimbo's fault.

I'm thinking that Cam Akers has to be kicking himself now

Sep 23, 2018, 1:27 PM

for turning down an offer to play at Clemson. FSU is a dumpster fire.

Re: I'm thinking that Cam Akers has to be kicking himself now

Sep 23, 2018, 1:46 PM

Clemson did not offer Akers it says on 247. https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Cam-Akers-59686/RecruitInterests/

Sep 23, 2018, 3:18 PM

Looks like you are correct. I would have sworn that we offered him. But looks like we did not.
Worked out pretty well for us though. I'm very happy with the RB's that we have.

Sep 23, 2018, 3:19 PM

I absolutely thought that we were pushing very hard for him. Weird.

NIU actually has a pretty good defense. FSU's OL

Sep 23, 2018, 1:28 PM

is awful and they can't run the ball despite having Cam Akers, but i was surprised FSU managed to score 37 yesterday. I was expecting them to struggle to break 20.

Re: NIU actually has a pretty good defense. FSU's OL

Sep 23, 2018, 1:39 PM

Meh.

NIU's defense was ranked 49th in the country, allowing 349.0 per game. Mind, this was achieved against such offensive juggernauts as Iowa (88th overall in total O, at 389.3ypg), Utah (83rd overall at 397.3ypg) and Central Michigan (122nd overall at 301.3ypg). FSU came in ranked 109th overall at 340.3yp. Those are some bad offenses they faced, in other words.

NIU's offense was dead-last - 129th overall out of 129 teams! - getting just 241.0 yards per game. That's going to drop even further since they put up all of 221 against FSU.

NIU absolutely cannot run the ball, on anybody, which means constant 3-and-outs. FSU still won very, very ugly, at home...against one of the weakest teams in FBS this year.

To be honest i don't even look at total defense (or offense)

Sep 23, 2018, 2:06 PM

anymore. NIU's defense is 29th in S&P+ right now and was somewhere in the top 25 before they played FSU yesterday.

Their offense is definitely terrible though.. it's 127th in S&P+ too. As you said, that is probably what doomed their defense. That's also likely why they are so much lower in total defense than S&P+ defense. S&P+ looks at things on more of a per-play-basis. There are two ways to give up a lot of yards - allowing a high per play average or simply defending a lot of plays. A bad offense that can't keep the ball can greatly impact the latter. I would imagine that option teams are pretty overrated in terms of total defense as well since their offense's possess the ball a lot and their defense's don't defend as many plays.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,392
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic