Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A few random thoughts on Tiger Baseball ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,429

A few random thoughts on Tiger Baseball ...

Mar 1, 2015, 12:27 AM

- Like most on T-Net, I primarily tune in for the football and the give and take and pull for our Hoops team to win. I enjoy beating the Chickens at anything. Football, baseball, croquet, tiddly winks.
- It appears we have at least four factions on baseball: 1) The Leggett haters who jump on every loss as certain proof the recruiting, player effort and on-field coaching are god-awful and the Leggett era is doomed and must end, 2) The self-proclaimed "true" fans who are personally offended by any criticism of the team or the coaches, 3) the coot crazies who openly and covertly stir the pot, and finally 4) the drive-by football fans like me who read the rancorous baseball posts primarily for off-season entertainment.
- Baseball just started. This is a new team. It's too early to cast dispersions or forecast how this team will finish. As for Leggett, he's a big boy who makes a big boy salary and can take the heat. I would not be surprised to see this team makes a run to the Series. As a fellow Tiger, I wish them the best on the field and encourage them to hit the books hard enough to get their diplomas. The real value of their scholarship is the Clemson experience and the diploma ... which has meaning over and above their time in uniform.
- So anyway, you baseball die-hards keep going at each other. You dumpers and pumpers at least have some skin in the game. And just like any family, it would be a bore if we agreed on all matters and all the chuckle-head posts. So take care you lunatics and Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty much the way I see it & wish the BaseBallers a win...

Mar 1, 2015, 1:13 AM

in Cola Sunday for a 2-1 series win. GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm the True fan that thinks Leggit has doomed a team that

Mar 1, 2015, 11:58 AM

had great tradition,owned the coots & has run the team into the ground by not stepping down timely like his former boss, & the great Frank Howard, We could have been coached by his former assists Tyler Corbin who has his team at the top or several others who have come through ^ now ahead of us, he is the Bobby Bowden of baseball

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm the True fan that thinks Leggit has doomed a team that

Mar 1, 2015, 12:06 PM

Good points!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2015, 12:06 PM [ in reply to I'm the True fan that thinks Leggit has doomed a team that ]

Good points!

Tyler Corbin? Is that's Tim's brother?***

Mar 1, 2015, 12:58 PM [ in reply to I'm the True fan that thinks Leggit has doomed a team that ]

Mar 1, 2015, 1:12 PM [ in reply to I'm the True fan that thinks Leggit has doomed a team that ]

No offense intended, but IMO Frank Howard's final years were horrendous at CLEMSON. I still remember sitting in a heavy downpour, pulling for our team to win ONE ACC game to prevent being in LAST PLACE that year. Gore to the right, Gore to the left, Gore up the middle, Punt were his favorite plays. ALL CLEMSON students knew those plays. They sucked IMO.

BTW: Gore was Buddy Gore. I think he was a fullback.

Honestly, I think higher of Jack than Howard, but I never saw Howard in his glory years when he was pretty awesome.

Mar 1, 2015, 1:28 PM [ in reply to I'm the True fan that thinks Leggit has doomed a team that ]

until Jackl we OWNED the ACC and the c$$ts!! now a lot of the ACC OWNES US as do the c%%ts!!what complete flustrates me and most Tiger fans is that our team has had awful obvious problems with the most fundamental parts of the play..we make more baserunning errors than a BAD little league team and this has been a constant for 12 years.in fact not one part of our team has improved over all these years!we lead all of baseball in LEFT ON BASE!!this list is huge.. I am stopping now but if U know anything about baseball U already know all of this

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,429
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic