Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looks like we're really missing Donnal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 982

Looks like we're really missing Donnal

Dec 8, 2018, 6:03 PM

and Devoe. A LOT.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Looks like we're really missing Donnal

Dec 8, 2018, 6:06 PM

Wow 4 starters back too. That's the thing with Brad's program. We miss players who leave and no one steps up. The only exception in 9 years was last year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly, what did you expect without Reed today?

Dec 8, 2018, 6:12 PM

Do you remember our first game without Grantham at UVa last year when we were lucky to score 30 points?

Walter DepTOOLer said Grantham and DeVoe wouldn’t hinder this team’s run...

Dec 8, 2018, 6:15 PM

To a potential Final Four run.

For a “basketball legend” back in his day, he doesn’t know one damb thing about basketball!

~JKB

Re: Looks like we're really missing Donnal

Dec 8, 2018, 6:15 PM

I wish Jemison was healthy too. Also, I expected more out White? Is that his name? The transfer. Did he even play today?

Jemison has to get in to shape

Dec 8, 2018, 6:18 PM

he couldn't practice for over a month. Other than that, I'm really not sure what folks were expecting without Reed today against a veteran, top 20 team

Re: Jemison has to get in to shape

Dec 8, 2018, 6:31 PM

I agree about not expecting a win. We needed Reed obviously. We really didn't play that bad. Reed would have helped the D. Shelton Mitchell played poorly too.

I'm surprised it was as close as it was without Reed

Dec 8, 2018, 6:41 PM

let alone them hitting 19-30 from three. We have areas we have to improve, and yes, three point D is one. But 19-30 is more than just allowing some open threes (many from 24-26 feet). When a team has a day like that, especially a veteran top 20 team, you aren't winning that game.

So, three losses now, all to probable tourney teams. Strange as it sounds the game against Radford, after exams, is huge. They are a tourney team with wins at ND and Texas already. After that, the schedule eases up some until league play begins with a gauntlet.

Beat Radford and finish 9-3 in the non-conference and we're still a tourney team going .500 in the league. Get a ton of practice after school gets out and get guys like Newman, Tyson and Jemison in a rhythm with some confidence

Re: I'm surprised it was as close as it was without Reed

Dec 8, 2018, 7:08 PM

The line was a lock. It opened at 2 maybe? It was 4 points at game time with Miss State favored.

Replies: 8
| visibility 982
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic