Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm sure I'll get slammed for this but is Streeter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 4,396

I'm sure I'll get slammed for this but is Streeter

Jul 27, 2015, 8:30 PM

Up to the task as RC? I know recruiting isn't over for sure but we are way behind what we have been the past5-6 yrs at this point. We've got some studs in who we have but we normally are already almost full this time of year. Time will tell I'm sure

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most of same coaches recruiting & same process***

Jul 27, 2015, 8:34 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We've had 2 4-star commits in as many weeks...

Jul 27, 2015, 8:35 PM

And we're signing a much smaller class this year.

Re: We've had 2 4-star commits in as many weeks...

Jul 28, 2015, 6:33 AM

Anyone else notice these drive-by coot comments post ONCE to stir the pot then disappears???? Maybe we need to run out and get a couple of 2 stars to help make them feel better.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm sure I'll get slammed for this but is Streeter

Jul 27, 2015, 8:39 PM

Nothing wrong with wondering that. Only time will tell I guess. Its just kind of uncomfortable making a change in recruiting this year when it has gone so well the past few years. I know changes had to be made, though. I think he will do well, and we have a long time until national signing day.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2015, 8:43 PM

This will be a small class because of all the legacy recruits/Grey shirts we have taken.

I have complete confidence in him until he proves otherwise.***

Jul 27, 2015, 8:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too soon***

Jul 27, 2015, 8:58 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Jul 27, 2015, 9:06 PM

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

Jul 27, 2015, 9:14 PM

Streeter and staff are doing an excellent job overall to date. The only area of concern is the OL needs. Simpson is likely ours to lose, but we need to pursue other candidates with real urgency throughout the remainder of 2015. We have a smaller incoming class so we can afford to be selective.

Go Tigers!

I think its a legit question

Jul 27, 2015, 9:11 PM

But cant be answered until February.

Re: I think its a legit question

Jul 27, 2015, 9:20 PM

"recruiting co-ord' is basically a title now, a way to give more salary. Its not like streeter or Scott or napier or whatever RC we've had is out there by himself beating the bushes. its a highly organized process, involving not only the full time coaches, but guys like brad scott, thad turnipseed, j sorrells, and a ton of GA/student types. kids are checked nd cross checked, worked by area recruiters, position coaches and co-ords.... plus Dabo. Its a group effort to sign a good class, not just on the RC shoulders.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol...behind?

Jul 27, 2015, 9:15 PM

Since when are we behind in recruiting?

if all goes according to plan

Jul 27, 2015, 9:17 PM

We will sign pickney, overton, simpson, another dB and ol

With potential to land gary, lawrence, s smith, clayton, and others

Jul 27, 2015, 9:20 PM

Not slamming you xtiger , but really how can we question Dabo on many of his hires ? He seems to be making some pretty good decisions and when he needs to make a change he doesn't hesitate .

Smaller class, one the job for 8 months and

Jul 27, 2015, 9:21 PM

the recruiting coordinator job is basically an administrator job. He has experience as a RC.

You need to

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

this ain't fgf my friend

Jul 27, 2015, 9:22 PM

We don't slam people for asking sensible questions or wanting a debate. Good question and I don't know the answer. He certainly seemed up to the task in making Cole Stoudt ready for Oklahoma, so I am going to assume he's up to the task here too.

He's actually been killing it so far

Jul 28, 2015, 12:24 AM

The reason we have less commitments is that we can't take many players in this class. But while the quantity is lower, we currently have the second highest average star rating on Rivals.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have two All-Star Ex RCs in Dabo and Scott

Jul 28, 2015, 12:29 AM

right there beside Streeter.

We will do what we have done since Dabo has been here, period!

Now that we have established Dabo's on the field product things should be easier than ever on the recruiting front.

Jul 28, 2015, 12:40 AM

I've wondered the same.

Quality over quantity. The recruits that have been committing are very high quality. Players that will make big impacts.

They know what they're doing. Morris was a beast at having a special bond with the big QB prospects, that's what I'm interested in seeing if Streeter does. So far I think he has done a pretty good job, although Cooper was primarily recruited by Morris.

I think Jeff Scott is the best recruiter we have now. Obviously, Dabo is the man at it. But as far as going and getting them and getting them on campus, Jeff Scott is really good. Cain and McCloud are going to be special, I'm still so excited that Jeff Scott got both of those guys. Recruiting is going to be fine, that D coordinator does a #### good job too.

IMO

Don't forget Turnipseed that Dabo brought onboard...***

Jul 28, 2015, 12:53 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brother ...

Jul 28, 2015, 6:31 AM

If Clemson's 2015 commits are a disappointment , I am eager to see what improvements can be made . This class may be a small one , but the talent is significant. ...and whatever late additions before signing day happen to be , I am pumped !
Wow , I said it a few months ago in another thread ...what a spoiled bunch of CFB fans we are when a top 15 type class with only 2/3ds of the commits most others will sign give us the ranking .
Spoiled !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Hasn't it been well known for a while that this was going to

Jul 28, 2015, 11:09 AM

be a smaller class?

Jul 28, 2015, 11:14 AM

The 2016 class will still be top15-20 so it's going along good. When the Tigers keep winning 10+ games the next few years. We will be back in the top 10ish area.

Jul 28, 2015, 11:15 AM

Suplex

Replies: 24
| visibility 4,396
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic