Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’m still not convinced Ohio state or ND wins outs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

I’m still not convinced Ohio state or ND wins outs

Oct 14, 2018, 6:22 AM

Neither have any really good teams left to play but both showed they can be beat by average teams.
We win out and we are in.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m still not convinced Ohio state or ND wins outs

Oct 14, 2018, 6:27 AM

We have shown we can be beat by an average team.

Oct 14, 2018, 6:34 AM

True to both of the above comments, but we are getting better and better.

I agree and exactly why I posted a week or so ago that

Oct 14, 2018, 6:47 AM [ in reply to Re: I’m still not convinced Ohio state or ND wins outs ]

I believe we need to start piling up points the rest of the season.

Make no mistake: even though it was Wake, that massive beat down opened a heck of a lot of eyes and changed a whole lot of conversation. Those types of wins must continue.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutly wrong

Oct 14, 2018, 8:28 AM

We can win the rest of our games by 1 point each and have zero worries about getting into playoffs. Only question would be the 1 seed or the 2 seed.

I don't understand why fans continue to think we have to be impressive in our wins. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing us play good.

But, this theme that we have anything to be worried about as a 13-0 ACC Champions in terms of playoffs is fantasy-land IMO.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2018, 6:52 AM

ND wins out. OSU will lose to Michigan.

Re: I’m still not convinced Ohio state or ND wins outs***

Oct 14, 2018, 7:19 AM

I disagree. ND will lose at USUCK west and O310 will lose to Meechigan.

Message was edited by: Creektiger1

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really hope that ND wins out

Oct 14, 2018, 7:17 AM

their style of play is perfect for a Tiger whooping. Clemson/Bama final game is what the media wants, and we will shock the sports world!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

ND is staring at two L's

Oct 14, 2018, 7:24 AM

Northwestern and (the real) USC await. The Irish are a figment of the media's imagination...and Brian Kelly is still the Irish coach.

Meanwhile, tOSU is walking into a trap next weekend. Brohm has Purdue playing well. They've been a bit inconsistent, but that looks like a dangerous team. Not 'Iowa State' dangerous, yet, but trouble nonetheless.

Oct 14, 2018, 8:25 AM

Ohio State is not the team we need to worry about. It's Notre Dame.
Ohio State would get in on having a conference affiliation, and most likely playing, and winning their Conference Championship game.
Notre Dame, however, is a different matter. I have said it a couple of times that an"undefeated" Notre Dame might look "to some" to be a more inviting team than Clemson, even if Clemson goes "undefeated" and wins the ACCCG.
IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE COMMITTEE and how they see Notre Dame's complete resume, which is why Clemson, IMO, needs Notre Dame to drop one game.
Clemson's biggest problem this year has been the "perceived" weakness( justified or not) of the ACC record overall, So how will the Committee view that?
Another factor is how Clemson and Notre Dame fare against common opponents. We easily took care of Wake,( Notre Dame also won that game)and both teams still face FSU, and Notre Dame plays Syracuse on a neutral field.
Georgia did us a big favor yesterday, now we need Notre Dame to "belly -up".

P.S.I do tend to think the Committee would take an"undefeated" ACC Champion over most schools, but Notre Dame isn't"most" schools.

We do not have to worry about ND. Period

Oct 14, 2018, 8:31 AM

After next Saturday, there will only be 4 undefeated teams from the Power 5 (could be less than that, but 4 at most). And there are 6 weeks left in regular season plus championship Saturday. So, that 4 will continue to dwindle.

13-0 Clemson is in the playoffs. Period. Notre Dame could win by 100 points each game they play in and that is not going to change that fact.

It would take a miracle at this point to have 4 undefeated teams at end of Championship Saturday on December 1st. But, even if that miracle occurs, Clemson is in if we are one of those 4.

I can't understand why people can't understand this.

Exactly... "13-0 Clemson is in the playoffs." Not even

Oct 14, 2018, 9:07 AM

remotely debatable. Unquestionable LOCK!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After yesterday, no one should even be asking the question....

Oct 14, 2018, 10:34 AM [ in reply to We do not have to worry about ND. Period ]

We are already in the top 4 and will stay there with Bama. Currently Ohio St and Notre Dame will also be there as undefeated teams.
Then you’ll have 1 loss teams (LSU, Michigan, Texas, UGA, etc.) waiting on someone to skip up. The problem for those teams is that they will likely lose again anyway and by the end of it you’ll have 2 loss teams arguing with Central Florida about 5th place.

Oct 14, 2018, 8:32 AM

Wouldn’t be surprised to see osu lose to Mich St and Michigan both. They give up lots of big plays. ND possible losses looks like the real usc or maybe Cuse.

Hard to say though, anything could happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2018, 8:36 AM

If ND and OSU play like they did yesterday, they won’t end their seasons without a L.

No Chance. If there are 5 unbeaten power 5 teams

Oct 14, 2018, 8:33 AM

we are left out - signed MOT

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2018, 9:18 AM

And we haven’t? Lol

Ohio St moreso than ND

Oct 14, 2018, 10:38 AM

Ohio St isn't running the ball well, and the defense is suspect. If you're relying on the pass game, then you're more likely to have a bad day, or bad weather, or somesuch and get beat.

ND has a better defense, and runs the ball better and has fewer decent teams to play.

I am not buying into Ohio St.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic