Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm still heartbroken.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,443

I'm still heartbroken.

Jan 14, 2016, 2:47 PM

Its been around 3 days since the game has ended and I'm still saddened by this loss. I've been a Tiger since birth and remember tearing up as a kid when we lost to Miami in 2005 in double OT.

Now as a recent alum, the pain is even worse. We were so close.

Still, I'm proud of what this team has accomplished.This team set the bar high for next years team. I fully expect to be back in it next year. Anything less would be disappointing. I'm confident that Dabo will have our boys back in it.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm still heartbroken.

Jan 14, 2016, 2:56 PM

Alabama fans after the game told us they didn't want to play this team again. They know how lucky they were to get a win and I think most know that we were the better team. The game was needed experience for us in the coming years. We've retained the coaches, recruited extremely well, and have superman. We have two more years of this and only going to get better

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2016, 2:59 PM

Me and you both brother.. I can't even watch ESPN whenever they bring it up, or show replays. Haven't felt like this since we loss in Tallahassee 2014.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2016, 3:02 PM

Don't let anyone tell you you're being silly because you're not. It's normal to feel a sense of loss. However, think that if this team can get up brush themselves off and move forward, so can we. It just might take some longer than others, I feel your pain.

Don't get the "doesn't" feel like a loss crowd...seems

Jan 14, 2016, 3:04 PM

like playing a close game is a moral victory to them...this was for the freaking NC...this loss hurts more than any other to date...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't get the "doesn't" feel like a loss crowd...seems

Jan 14, 2016, 3:36 PM

> like playing a close game is a moral victory to
> them...this was for the freaking NC...this loss hurts
> more than any other to date...

It's not a moral victory. Both teams played their hearts out, unfortunately we came up short on the scoreboard. I'm not going to wallow in self pity for days on end because of a football game. I'm not a child anymore, there are things far more important than if we win or lose that championship, and my self-worth isn't tied to wins and losses by the Clemson football program.

I'm much more concerned with our program building strong men of character that will always have the Clemson family's support than I am if we win a championship or not.

I want our boys to win every game they play, of course, but that isn't always going to happen. And bellyaching over the loss won't make it any better.

Jan 14, 2016, 3:56 PM

I don't think being disappointed in a loss is childish, causing self-worth issues, or bellyaching. Some losses are more disappointing than others. This is more disappointing than say losing to USF in the Meinke Car Care Bowl. But maybe that's just me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2016, 4:05 PM

Well yeah, this loss stings a lot more than the muffler bowl would, but maybe I wasn't as torn up because I truly feel we are just getting started. What Alabama is in the midst of doing right now is what every other program in the country strives to be. To see that we can go toe-to-toe and match them for a full 60 minutes tells me we are in good shape.

Circumstances dictate how I feel after games. Losing a national title stinks, but to see how Deshaun and Dabo talked after the game, we're in good hands.

well, good for you.***

Jan 14, 2016, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't get the "doesn't" feel like a loss crowd...seems ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: well, good for you.***

Jan 14, 2016, 4:09 PM

I'm not going to apologize for not being sad over the game. Just like I don't expect someone who's upset about it to apologize. Everyone's different, not a big deal.

I agree

Jan 14, 2016, 3:33 PM

I had my niece and nephew (7 and 10 years old) with me at the game and they both cried when we lost because they had immesurable faith that we were the best team and we would win; that was almost more than I could take. I remember losing to Georgia at home when I was a kid and just being inconsolable afterward. There are those who say that it's just a game and we should just get over it, just llke flipping off a light switch, but if you are really emotionally invested in our team, you just can't do that. We read every story, and follow recruiting and get to know the players and coaches and their personal stories and we want them to succeed both for them and for us. Then we go to the spring game and take our kids to Coach Swinney's football camp in the summer and anxiuosly count down the hill watch when our hope is renewed and we once again get to watch our tigers play. Losing a game is one thing, but losing a national championship by a few points to an inferior opponent on a trick play and a crappy special teams performance on our part is something all together different. I understand your misery, because I too am still just sick and heartbroken over how our season ended, but I have faith that the misery will fade a little and our coaches and players will get back to work and we will be back to play for the national title again sooner rather than later. Our coaches will be a little older and alot wiser and our players will be more experienced and next time, we will not lose.

and on a happier note...

Jan 14, 2016, 3:40 PM

Alabama just beat the crap out of USuCks in basketball (73-50), ending their undefeated season and shutting them up for a while. God is good.

Re: I agree

Jan 14, 2016, 3:42 PM [ in reply to I agree ]

Great post, I agree completely. If I am the leader of a team, I only want passionate people that love my team, celebrate our victories and mourn our loses in only one way...completely and whole heartedly. Anything less is just being a passive fan. I am sure this team, these coaches completely understand our pain because they get and love the dedication our fans have shown. We will rise again, just take your time, we'll be back soon enough! Go Tigers!

Jan 14, 2016, 4:25 PM

Me too. The game was a painful loss. Can't imagine how hard for the players, especially those leaving. But the season was a huge victory that most didn't see coming, helping to build our brand and future. I think about the hard loss Duke basketball had to unlv in the early 90s, then won it all the next year taking down unlv along the way. They've had a lot more success since then obviously. Hopefully in a couple of decades we can look back at this ncg the way Duke fans (my mom) look back at that unlv loss, as another step on the path to sustained success, or maybe even the proverbial springboard for it.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,443
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic