Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sportscenter segment on stopping Clemson fans on the field
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Sportscenter segment on stopping Clemson fans on the field

Oct 17, 2016, 10:27 PM

After Clemson beat Louisville, Jonathan Coachman of ESPN said we were acting like a bunch of "fools" for "rushing the field" after the game. Clearly he was unaware of our tradition and was predictably lambasted by Clemson fans on social media. Danny Kanell even came to our defense later on air and accused people of not knowing the tradition. I guess Jonathan was thoroughly embarrassed by his ignorance as he appears unable to let it go. He brought it up again on air after our win over NCSU. Sportscenter/Coachman just aired a 1 minute length segment devoted to the topic and insisted that Clemson stop the tradition if they want to be considered with the likes of Alabama and Ohio State. Kind of sad that someone on TV can be so small minded and short sighted, completely refusing to acknowledge the positive aspects of the tradition. Just pathetic.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we go on the field for losses too. it's just been a really long time. ***

Oct 17, 2016, 10:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

He must be a Liberal !

Oct 17, 2016, 10:33 PM

In that they seem to want to change the world as it is.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reagan:

Oct 17, 2016, 10:36 PM

“It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.”

? Ronald Reagan

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Nah He Is An Absolute Conservative ----

Oct 17, 2016, 11:28 PM [ in reply to He must be a Liberal ! ]

A straight stuffy stick in the mud. A complete square stiff.

Re: Sportscenter segment on stopping Clemson fans on the field

Oct 17, 2016, 10:34 PM

"The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something you know nothing about, yet refuse to investigate."

F Him.***

Oct 17, 2016, 10:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice pic of Kent Island Narrows.***

Oct 17, 2016, 11:05 PM

I'm starting to think we should do away with it too. The Edmonds thing was scary.

Oct 17, 2016, 10:41 PM

I'm sure I'll get flamed but most traditions aren't dangerous. This one is. I value fan and player safety over tradition.

Fans weren't involved...

Oct 17, 2016, 10:46 PM

That was only players.

It was primarily the players but there were fans swarming them too adding to the chaos.***

Oct 17, 2016, 10:49 PM

Yeah, well eating 60 hotdogs in 10 minutes seems dangerous

Oct 17, 2016, 10:56 PM

to me, but you don't see anybody wanting to stop that.

Re: Yeah, well eating 60 hotdogs in 10 minutes seems dangerous

Oct 17, 2016, 10:57 PM

+1

Re: It was primarily the players but there were fans swarming them too adding to the chaos.***

Oct 18, 2016, 6:06 AM [ in reply to It was primarily the players but there were fans swarming them too adding to the chaos.*** ]

No, there were no fans involved. You are wrong.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fans weren't involved...

Oct 17, 2016, 10:56 PM [ in reply to Fans weren't involved... ]

You beat me to it!!!

Do you buy three seats together for home games?

Oct 17, 2016, 10:49 PM [ in reply to I'm starting to think we should do away with it too. The Edmonds thing was scary. ]

You know, so you have plenty of room to sit comfortably in your bubble.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was nothing but players on top of him.

Oct 17, 2016, 10:51 PM [ in reply to I'm starting to think we should do away with it too. The Edmonds thing was scary. ]

I don't think that would happen, as players would stop fans from jumping on (if any of them were stupid enough to try).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm starting to think we should do away with it too. The Edmonds thing was scary.

Oct 17, 2016, 10:56 PM [ in reply to I'm starting to think we should do away with it too. The Edmonds thing was scary. ]

That was the players

if you want to protect Edmonds we should suspend

Oct 17, 2016, 11:14 PM [ in reply to I'm starting to think we should do away with it too. The Edmonds thing was scary. ]

the players that jumped on top of him, there weren't any fans on the dogpile.

What Edmonds thing? The dogpile? The player celebration?

Oct 18, 2016, 12:28 AM [ in reply to I'm starting to think we should do away with it too. The Edmonds thing was scary. ]

Or did something else happen?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

MARCUS EDMOND.

Oct 18, 2016, 8:07 AM [ in reply to I'm starting to think we should do away with it too. The Edmonds thing was scary. ]

This is the young man's fourth year in the program, and he has made the game-saving play twice in the last three games.

Can we at least give him the courtesy of learning his name? Don Munson - this goes for you, too.

Hard to take anything this guy says seriously.....

Oct 17, 2016, 10:50 PM

Oct 17, 2016, 10:52 PM

When you hate a program as much as those A$S wipes hates Clemson, their short sightedness is on purpose bc they don't care to see anything that has ever been a part of the Clemson tradition. They seriously don't care bc of their hatred runs so deep for Clemson and Clemson fans. And if you think that they are all A$S Hurt now, just wait until after we when the big marble, that will be so unbearable for those A$S Wipes to deal with. Some of them will most likely lose their jobs bc of the rotten things they will say about Clemson on the air bc they just couldn't help them selves enough to resist!!!

He's an overly-opinionated blowhard....

Oct 17, 2016, 10:53 PM

who is in love with the sound of his own voice like most of the other talking heads on E$PN.

Who gives a #### what he says or thinks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: He's an overly-opinionated blowhard....

Oct 17, 2016, 11:10 PM

TU

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coachman has no influence over anyone. forget him.***

Oct 17, 2016, 10:58 PM

like, who's Jonathan coachman?

Oct 17, 2016, 11:15 PM

never heard of her.
another dumb@$$. oh bother.

There were injuries reported after the Louisville game,

Oct 17, 2016, 11:20 PM

I am all for tradition, but a wise man sees a problem before it happens, a fool waits on a bad result and is then forced to change. Ask any engineer who graduated from Clemson if tradition is the best way to construct a bridge? I think the old trellis has seen its day come and go.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i didn't see that, do you have a link so I can

Oct 17, 2016, 11:27 PM

read about it?

Re: i didn't see that, do you have a link so I can

Oct 17, 2016, 11:33 PM

http://newsstand.clemson.edu/mediarelations/clemson-to-enforce-safetysportsmanship-measures-postgame/

landscape architects still use trellises all the time***

Oct 18, 2016, 1:33 AM [ in reply to There were injuries reported after the Louisville game, ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: landscape architects still use trellises all the time***

Oct 18, 2016, 9:49 AM

Well we have the landscape version of this at Tiger Walk before the game

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^ ("...trellis bridges...")

Oct 18, 2016, 6:07 AM [ in reply to There were injuries reported after the Louisville game, ]

GERMANS.

You were doing okay 'til that part.

hth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: There were injuries reported after the Louisville game,

Oct 18, 2016, 7:56 AM [ in reply to There were injuries reported after the Louisville game, ]

agree but Clemson fans are not the only ones who rush the field. address the situation and not just a fan base or college.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are right

Oct 18, 2016, 9:53 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/17/us/usc-stanford-hospitalized-fans/

Here's Mr. Blowhard's Twitter...

Oct 17, 2016, 11:22 PM

@TheCoachESPN

Oct 17, 2016, 11:38 PM

he went 5-24 in a fake wrestling league. hope nobody takes coachman seriously

Oct 18, 2016, 5:21 AM

As long as viewers tune it, the idiots will continue pontificating. I don't know who Coachman is...and am fine with that. He sounds like a tool...or, actually, luggage.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another

Oct 18, 2016, 6:25 AM

commentator, a woman, on one of the shows, knew of the tradition but criticized "the way they came on the field", as in we were too excited, too enthusiastic. Apparently she didn't understand that we had just snatched victory from defeat, saved an undefeated season, and kept ourselves in the hunt.

I wonder if he realizes it's not against the rules for the fans to go onto the field?

Oct 18, 2016, 6:46 AM

Clemson just established some safety measures to ensure the safety of all fans. It's been a tradition for as long as I can remember as well.

Why aren't we hearing any outrage from him over the 'tradition' @ Mississippi State.? Those cowbells are illegal/against the rules, but I guess the mighty SEC gets a pass.

"it's better to be thought a fool than for you to open your mouth and prove that you're a fool."

Oct 18, 2016, 8:48 AM

Hate to say it but those attempting to correct him are just playing right into his hands. After the first time he said it and got an earful he turned it into a situation where he claimed we were easy to rile up and are clearly pretenders. He essentially capitulated the point and changed the conversation.

Now he is just trolling because he can and it gets him attention. And everyone is playing right into it.

It's always fun when a company that's going bankrupt tells

Oct 18, 2016, 8:51 AM

someone else how they should be conducting their business.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I didn't know his wife was a lesbian...

Oct 18, 2016, 8:57 AM

but she did marry a little #####.

Who cares. And who is he? Honestly never heard of him.***

Oct 18, 2016, 9:00 AM

Re: Who cares. And who is he? Honestly never heard of him.***

Oct 18, 2016, 9:12 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxUMH04PlAg

That waste of a guy....

Now in sportscasting.

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic