Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Piece of Trash Ex Notre Dame Player Murders 5 year old
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Piece of Trash Ex Notre Dame Player Murders 5 year old

Apr 12, 2019, 10:20 AM

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2019/04/11/cierre-wood-faces-murder-charge-girls-death/3443355002/

I know it's not Notre Dame's fault but I like to think Dabo is looking for exactly the opposite of this piece of trash.

And why do mothers of small children live with boyfriends? Don't know if there are statistics on this but would be willing to bet that the majority of children murdered in the US are killed by the mom's boyfriend.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not 1 thing. In the article said what happened***

Apr 12, 2019, 10:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Piece of Trash Ex Notre Dame Player Murders 5 year old

Apr 12, 2019, 10:40 AM

A bit of an overreaction don't you think? You/we don't know any of the details surrounding this case as he's only been charged, not convicted. Not supporting him at all and it's a terrible tragedy but lets try to refrain from the knee jerk reaction.

Your comment about Dabo is particularly troubling as you must have a short memory

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/crime/2018/04/05/surveillance-video-former-clemson-football-players-armed-robbery-case/489018002/

I think these types of incidents are out of a program/coaches hands. A lot of guys come from troubled backgrounds and after they leave the support system the schools have they may find themselves in some trouble

Go Tigers

Over-reaction and comparing murdering of a child to robbery?

Apr 12, 2019, 11:30 AM

Seriously? Sure he could be innocent but highly unlikely given the circumstances reported. Moms rarely do this (on their own) to a child and the mom looks like she might weigh 90 lbs.

And comparing this to armed robbery? You really see the murder of a 5 year old as anything similar to an armed robbery of adults?

No, Dabo can't assure a former Clemson player will never do anything bad but the way he recruits as opposed to say, Urban Meyer, and deals with issues (like Chad Kelly) makes me think it is much less likely to happen with one of our players.

I think I smell chicken- and it's been on the stove for 5 years plus.

lm with you.

Apr 12, 2019, 12:11 PM

Maybe the poor guy just needs some therapy and probation? Gimme a break.

Re: Over-reaction and comparing murdering of a child to robbery?

Apr 12, 2019, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Over-reaction and comparing murdering of a child to robbery? ]

Why are you getting so sensitive? My point being he has a right to a fair trial and is innocent until proven guilty. I read news on this story when it broke yesterday and no details were released, yet you are very confident this man is guilty because of a headline and your rapid reaction.

Take a deep breathe my friend.

Apr 12, 2019, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Over-reaction and comparing murdering of a child to robbery? ]

Why so serious? Reality, BOTH are about players doing something illegal while NOT still being part of the team. The armed robbery is no more of a reflection on Dabo and Clemson than it is for this and ND. The guy was not still part of ND....has actually been temporarily on several NFL scout teams since ND. So it's honestly absurd to try to flip either situation, including this one, back onto the college they went to when neither happened while they were IN college nor on that college team.

You apparently did not read my comment

Apr 12, 2019, 2:37 PM

"I know it's not Notre Dame's fault"

While we both know that this is not Notre Dame's fault their name sure is in the headline. I hope and pray that we never see a former Clemson player accused of such a crime and my point was with Dabo's approach I think it is less likely than with other programs.

Apr 12, 2019, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Over-reaction and comparing murdering of a child to robbery? ]

Moms rarely do this on their own to their child?? What rock do you live under?
http://www.fox46charlotte.com/news/local-news/mom-accused-of-killing-7-month-old-daughter-denied-bond <--in Charlotte, right now
https://www.foxnews.com/us/minnesota-mom-allegedly-kills-2-children-then-herself-investigators
http://www.fox5dc.com/facebook-instant/michigan-mother-sentenced-for-murder-torture-of-4-year-old-daughter
https://www.boston25news.com/news/national/florida-mom-accused-of-killing-toddler-says-childs-ghost-told-her-all-would-be-ok/939392007
https://abc13.com/mom-to-daughter-as-shes-choked-to-death-its-ok-to-go/5210083/

Well, we can see who shouldn't even be on any jury ever....guilty before proven innocent, is that how you view it?

Im sorry but if he's guilty I dont a rat's about his unfortunate background.

Apr 12, 2019, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Piece of Trash Ex Notre Dame Player Murders 5 year old ]

No need to let him sit in jail and eat 3 square meals a day at our expense. Do to him whatever he did to her. Eye for an eye.

Re: Im sorry but if he's guilty I dont a rat's about his unfortunate background.

Apr 12, 2019, 1:29 PM

Do you realize that it costs a lot more to execute a prisoner than put them away for life without parole? Doesn't make sense on the surface but there are numerous state and federal studies on the subject. Pretty interesting actually, I did a report on the topic freshman year.

The main driver in the cost discrepancy is due to the greater length of the trials. Capital cases involve more lawyers, more witnesses, more experts, a longer jury selection process, more pre-trial motions, entirely separate trial for sentencing, etc. Not to mention post-sentencing appeals could add decades of further expenses.

Just to hit on your post about expense and taxpayers, not necessarily disagreeing with you. I also believe that it is more punishment for a convicted killer to rot in a jail cell for decades than getting off easy through lethal injection

Re: Im sorry but if he's guilty I dont a rat's about his unfortunate background.

Apr 12, 2019, 1:39 PM

Wouldn't cost me nothing but the effort to swing a 3 pound hammer, or maybe .08 cent for a .22 hollowpoint. I have no sympathy for child killers, rapists, or pedophiles! If guilty there isn't a sentence that is harsh enough.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2019, 1:50 PM

Your big key words there should be "if guilty"....he hasn't been proven guilty in a court of law.....yet. I'm 100% with what you are saying, minus I don't think a person charged is always a person guilty.

Apr 12, 2019, 3:25 PM

A person can be convicted of murder and be innocent too. 365 people have been cleared through DNA thanks to the Innocence Project. Many were on death row or serving life. Think of the thousands that died in prison before DNA.

Exactly.***

Apr 12, 2019, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Im sorry but if he's guilty I dont a rat's about his unfortunate background. ]

I'm sorry but I need to see the data on that.

Apr 12, 2019, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Im sorry but if he's guilty I dont a rat's about his unfortunate background. ]

It should cost little to inject him. I honestly do not think it cost more to that than it does to let him sit in jail rent free for the rest of his life...IF guilty of course.

Re: I'm sorry but I need to see the data on that.

Apr 13, 2019, 10:26 AM

If you are actually interested in the subject please feel free to google it, there are a lot of studies on capital punishment vs life in prison. Yes, the actual cost of execution is minimal but the costs associated with the trial and appeals process are significantly higher vs life in prison cases. The average time between sentencing and execution is 15 years with the longest time someone spent on death row is 40 years. It is a very slow, long, and expensive process that involves a lot more lawyers, witnesses, experts, juries, paperwork, etc.

To be clear I’m not advocating capital punishment one way or another. I am just clarifying that it is never as simple as being convicted and then getting taken out back and executed. A lot more is involved and usually takes decades. Almost a quarter of prisoners on death row actually die of natural causes in jail.

Not sure what ND has to do with anything.

Apr 12, 2019, 12:01 PM

Dude is a grown man possibly making poor life choices. His association with ND is an insignificant fact.

And unless you weren’t paying attention, three of our former players robbed another player and his gf at gun point. Stuff happens. Coaches can’t be expected to know/control everything about a young man.

This seema like one of those cases where they

Apr 12, 2019, 12:06 PM

just need to take him out behind the shed and end it. Eye for an eye.

Thanks for the TD whoever thinks the

Apr 12, 2019, 12:18 PM

guy deserves human mercy if he actually did kill a little girl. If guilty, hopefully the guy can find the Lord before we enforce eye for an eye punishment. He doesnt deserve human mercy for murder of a child. Either way, God will handle any deserved mercy. If you (the TDer) thinks he deserves rehab here on earth, please be willing to pay his jail bill with your tax dollars. Please leave me out of it.

Re: Thanks for the TD whoever thinks the

Apr 12, 2019, 1:39 PM

I obviously can't TD anyone, but you do realize the guy has only been accused (and that was only known by someone looking at the record of his arrest)...he has not stood trial, has not been found guilty, and has not been convicted of murder to date. That's likely why someone did. Your post basically treats it as guilty before proven innocent.

Apr 12, 2019, 1:41 PM

He would not have been charged with murder if they didn't have some form of evidence he did it. He would only be a person of interest, being charged is a whole different ballgame.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2019, 1:47 PM

They can have suspicion and some evidence of him being on the scene...thus they charge both. They still have to prove he was the one that physically did it, beyond a reasonable doubt. That's how the law works. Not all evidence that can lead to an arrest points to reasonable doubt.

Of course.***

Apr 12, 2019, 3:11 PM

Yes I do realize that. That's why I said if he's guilty.

Apr 12, 2019, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Thanks for the TD whoever thinks the ]

Please go back and reread. Said "if" several times on this topic.

Re: Piece of Trash Ex Notre Dame Player Murders 5 year old

Apr 12, 2019, 3:25 PM

He was a big time recruit.

I try to remember 'innocent until proven guilty in a court..

Apr 13, 2019, 6:19 PM

of law by a jury of his peers.' Lashing out before then is usurping the authority of the courts. Maybe if you saw him do it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I try to remember 'innocent until proven guilty in a court..

Apr 13, 2019, 8:00 PM

Seriously dude read the latest account of what happened. 5 year old girl ends up in hospital with bruises all over her body and medical examiner reports her liver was ruptured.

I will come back and eat plenty of crow if he does plead or be found guilty.

These “men” that kill innocent young children are the acirge of society and only surpassed by the mothers that invite them into their homes and let it happen.

Kid was from California and it happened in Vegas. Bet the poor kid interfered with his fun or she bore the brunt of his drunkenness or gambling losses.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic