Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm really sick of all the posts about losing 5 straight
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

I'm really sick of all the posts about losing 5 straight

Dec 11, 2013, 4:53 PM

I keep seeing posts about how the fan base has changed, how we need a new coach, how the administration is tolerating losing 5 to USC, etc. Guys, we just got beat. Nobody likes it, especially Dabo and his staff. Let's just flush the loss and enjoy the Orange Bowl. We will beat them next year, I promise.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm really sick of all the posts about losing 5 straight

Dec 11, 2013, 4:57 PM

90% of those post are from our loved ones in capital city' ignore it and it may go away. in the meantime, enjoy the ORANGE bowl!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2013, 5:09 PM

I agree. Dabo has built back to a good point so far and it's reasonable to believe it will get even better. The Gamecocks are in the best span in their entire history. It will be over soon. I do like Miami... :)

Gamecocks are in the best span of their history....

Dec 11, 2013, 5:13 PM

How do we compare against our history? And in the 43 years since the last time the Gamecocks won consecutive games against, how did our teams compare to theirs?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gamecocks are in the best span of their history....

Dec 11, 2013, 6:19 PM

we need to be sick of getting beat by coots. our players and coaches need to be sick of it. it is embarrassing. I could live with it better if we had inferior talent, but imo we have as good or better talent. which means what is to blame is coaching, development of our players, or strength and conditioning. if not coaching related, what else is it?

Execution, execution, execution.***

Dec 11, 2013, 7:18 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2013, 7:48 PM [ in reply to Gamecocks are in the best span of their history.... ]

Franc -

if you are saying that Clemson is also in the best span in its history, sans the 80's, then that is a good point.

In fact, if Dabo has another couple of years of 10 wins it could be argued this is the best span in Clemson's history.

There are those that make excuses for the 5 straight losses by saying "they are in the best run ever for their program", which is true, but this also one of the best runs in Clemson's history.

It's a bit of a conundrum.

I hope I enjoy it more than the last Orange Bowl...

Dec 11, 2013, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm really sick of all the posts about losing 5 straight ]

Those in the Capital City loved the last one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm really sick of losing 5 straight***

Dec 11, 2013, 5:04 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

We've made the promise the last few years...

FTR, I've never said fire any coaches, but if the content of my posts are annoying, that's a good thing. Most of us should wake up and see there is no good reason that we have lost 5 straight to the Gamecocks.

Re: We've made the promise the last few years...

Dec 11, 2013, 5:10 PM

Nor is there a good reason to fire a coach over it.

Right....

Dec 11, 2013, 5:11 PM

which is why I haven't suggested it. Good point though.

how can you promise we will win next year?

Dec 11, 2013, 7:08 PM

Next years team will not have the head issues this team has regarding the coots. I really do think the world of Tajh. He is a great player, a great ambassador for Clemson, and just a great person in general. However, I do think that they were in his head a bit. I don't think that that will be the case with Stoudt, Kelly, or Watson. I think they will put a beat down on them in Death Valley and take out 5 years of frustration on them. It think our D will be improved over this years and we will not have to contend with Clowney or Shaw. Trust me the streak ends next year in the Valley. Save this post. I GUARANTEE it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can we save the ones from a month ago too?

Dec 11, 2013, 7:45 PM

"If we don't beat them this year with our 5th year senior QB and improved D, when will we?"

"If we lose to USC, we don't deserve a BCS bid. We have got to beat them this year."

"If we can't beat this team we need to quit. I've been worried about the coot game all year but they average at best."

Well hopefully Dabo will take care of that soon

Dec 11, 2013, 5:13 PM

until then, get used to it...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

one way to deal with that...

Dec 11, 2013, 5:48 PM

is to quit posting about it.

Anybody talking about needing a new coach right now is either insane or somebody posing as a Clemson fan and trying to make Clemson fans look insane.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm sick of losing five straight.***

Dec 11, 2013, 6:23 PM

Quite frankly, the thing I'm finding the hardest to...

Dec 11, 2013, 6:47 PM

deal with is that my coot friends/relatives are not even mentioning the 5 in a row anomaly. Much like I did at various periods in the 80s and 90s (when we were regularly whipping them multiple times in a row), I believe they expect it and even somewhat feel bad abt giving me a hard time. I would rather they talk #####, giving me the opportunity to bring up the overall series record and multiple streaks in a row than pity me. This sucks....

I'm more sick of losing 5 straight than you are of...

Dec 11, 2013, 6:48 PM

seeing posts about it. I promise.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Going to be bad to be sick till next November.***

Dec 11, 2013, 7:23 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the best possible scenario. Ive been sick for 5 years

Dec 12, 2013, 9:05 AM

I don't want it to be another 5 years.

The question is when does it become a problem?

Dec 11, 2013, 7:37 PM

You may be fine with 5 or 6 or 7 straight losses, but surely there is a breaking point. For some, that breaking point was 2. For many it was 4. You are seeing even more at 5.

Ever since that first loss, there has been someone promising a win the next year. Right now you are that guy. After 5, no one really cares about your promise. Forget your promise, tell us what your breaking point is. When will that game ever matter to you? Never?

My breaking point was Dabo losing again after his rant.

Dec 12, 2013, 9:07 AM

That proved to me he couldn't cash the checks his mouth was writing.

Spurrier has absolutely punished Dabo for saying that crap at this point.

Dec 12, 2013, 6:10 PM

The 5 we lost are history , so lets move forward and win "the" Ohio St. game !

There's two different groups lashing out about this.

Dec 12, 2013, 6:19 PM

One group is trying to prove that Dabo was a bad hire. They've been saying it all along and most folks just ain't buying it.

The other group (include me) is just plain killed by it. We don't want anyone fired but we are on the verge of going all postal.

Anyone who's happy about this is a dirtpecker or just has too much pride to admit they were wrong about Dabo, Chad, Brent or the S&C program.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2013, 7:56 PM

Well ...if you promise ...then ok ...we'll forget about it

Dec 12, 2013, 8:23 PM

Sludge that's the point me and my Clemson friends talk about a lot. Clemson is a great team right now, no doubt about that. I've had so many tiger alumni tell me well it took y'all being at your best point in history to beat us. This is true but that doesn't take away from the fact that Clemson is still in some of their best years as well. It would take a lot of the shine off of it if you weren't. Hence why most tiger fans didn't brag back when it happened regularly because all in all we really were not a good football team in most of those years.

Now that we are on equal footing with talent in various places, the rivalry actually is healthy and we are both only a win away from being in the national championship picture. That hasn't happened in our history for both teams to be knocking on the door.

As far as the BCS games go, I'm sure we can all agree it's easier for Clemson to be in a BCS bowl than it is us right now Bc the acc really only has two legit teams. The sec has more upper tier teams than the acc so the competition for those bcs bids are far tougher. This doesn't mean Clemson is any less deserving to go in my eyes at all. Like many of you said, you beat who you were supposed to beat and earned your way in. Take last years South Carolina team and they did the same thing, they won every game they were favored in and lost to a high ranked lsu and Florida team at their stadiums. We had a legitimate argument then if y'all have one now. The difference was Florida beat us and had a better record so they got that open sugar bowl bid. Bama took bcs champ game, left us out in the cold for that. I'm not complaining that the sec is hurting our chances of it, wouldn't trade what conference we are in for the world. It's helped us get to where we are now.

My whole point in this is, no right minded South Carolina fan will say our history is great, or that Clemson is a bad team. You also can't kick yourself by losing lately because it's not like your losing to a 7-5 USC team. I do expect this rivalry to become much more level over the next decade or so and I surely hope both teams continue to ignite this fire that they have in each fan base. It can only help both teams.

so you started 1 more post about losing 5 straight?

Dec 12, 2013, 8:59 PM

anyone else see the irony here?

Dec 12, 2013, 9:45 PM

> I keep seeing posts about how the fan base has
> changed, how we need a new coach, how the
> administration is tolerating losing 5 to USC, etc.
> Guys, we just got beat. Nobody likes it, especially
> Dabo and his staff. Let's just flush the loss and
> enjoy the Orange Bowl. We will beat them next year, I
> promise.

Dabo shouldn't you be getting ready for The Ohio State University? Instead of reading message boards.

I'm still PO'ed about losing 5 straight what with RB & WR's

Dec 13, 2013, 7:27 PM

we've had..like CJ, Davis, Ellington...not even mentioning Tajh, Sammy, Nuk..and some special DE's that went pro too.

We should have won 2 of those 5 games IMO..and it's just not fathomable to assume otherwise. We stunk it up on all five occasions..and really bad on two.

UNFORGIVABLE to play those locals and lose by double digits!

Now, GoTiGERS..beat the Bucks!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2013, 2:38 PM

I imagine that all the posts about losing 5 straight are from Tiger fans that are pissed off at losing 5 straight! High 5!

Affects Recruiting

Dec 14, 2013, 2:47 PM

It's beginning to have a significant impact on recruiting, and adding credibility to other schools trying to lure transfers (see MacKenzie Alexander story). Dabo's aspirations will begin to ring quite hollow if it continues.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic