Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Without DW4
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Without DW4

Jan 14, 2017, 9:13 PM

This National Championship has me a little more relaxed for next year. I want to win them all but if we lose 1 or 2 it won't ruin my week.

With that being said I just started thinking about DW4 not being in the shotgun each drive. Auburn will be a pressure cooker and we will have a new captain guiding the ship. It will take some getting use to.

Whoever Deshaun gets drafted by will be my 2nd favorite NFL team behind the Panthers. The guy is electric and has given us a lifetime of memories that most people will never be as blessed

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm preparing more for 8-4 with

Jan 14, 2017, 9:15 PM

potential loses to AU, NCST, FSU, and UL. I think we'll have some growing pains. I'd be very pleased with 10-2 though...

Re: I'm preparing more for 8-4 with

Jan 14, 2017, 9:17 PM

Yeah I'll take 10-2. I think we lose to Florida State and a toss up on the other. I feel the wheels are coming off at Auburn but they have a good transfer QB. Louisville lost a lot. NC State will play pissed at home

Jan 14, 2017, 9:22 PM

I think having Auburn and FSU at home will help in those games. I think the D will win us a few games and if we have a QB half as good as DW4 we have a shot (maybe a long one) at getting back to the playoffs or at least a New Years 6 bowl

Jan 14, 2017, 9:25 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm preparing more for 8-4 with ]

Seriously?

We are significantly better than NCST and Auburn.

Lville loses 14 starters but will still be a test at their place.

FSU will be tough but we are home and likely will be 6-7 games in with our New QB.

Ill be disappointed with less than 10-2 and expect 11-1

Jan 15, 2017, 11:15 AM

L'ville will be hard-pressed to be much above .500.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

11-1 is not realistic given what's coming back on offense.

Jan 15, 2017, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm preparing more for 8-4 with ]

It's not impossible, but 8-4 is probably more likely than 11-1. Our national title team with the best player to ever wear a Clemson uni just went 11-1. The ACC isn't a joke like it may have been a few years ago. It was the best conference in the country in 2016 and we shouldn't expect it to fall off a cliff in 2017.

9-3 is reasonable, 10-2 would be a great season, and 8-4 would be disappointing, but understandable if we have QB struggles and the running game isn't any better.

Jan 14, 2017, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm preparing more for 8-4 with ]

It will be interesting to see how the offense reloads. It is definitely hard to repeat but don't underestimate the next Tiger team.

I think anything less than 9-3 would be disappointing

Jan 14, 2017, 9:25 PM [ in reply to I'm preparing more for 8-4 with ]

Regardless of who starts at QB, our defense will be stout. We shouldn't be taking that much of a step back to lose 4 games.

Re: I think anything less than 9-3 would be disappointing

Jan 14, 2017, 9:32 PM

I would hope not...but personally, I prepare for the worst and hope for the best. I'd be disappointed if it were any worse than 8-4 but I can see why some would be upset with that. Some those matchups couldn't be toss ups. 10-2 feels like a more accurate guess.

ill be ok with 8-4 or better thisnyr with Nc

Jan 14, 2017, 9:27 PM [ in reply to I'm preparing more for 8-4 with ]

Fresh in my mind. However our defense is going to be so ridiculous it should keep us in every game. If our qb can hand the ball off cleanly, run the ball well, complete horizontal passes I think we are closer to 10-2. If qb can come into his own as the season progresses we might end up in the discussion but I don't see us winning next year. But our defense is going to be so ridiculous who knows?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2017, 10:49 AM [ in reply to I'm preparing more for 8-4 with ]

I don't think we will be anywhere near 8-4. Dabo has built success that's sustainable. After Boyd, who knew Watson would be Watson. We knew he was talented but we didn't know he would be an all time great. We now have Hunter Johnson and Trevor Lawrence coming in and who knows how good they can be. But they don't have to the best ever for us to compete for the CFP. Our defense will continue to be good, if not great. Feaster will be electric along with CJ Fuller. Our WR corps is as deeper as ever. I'm expecting us to be in the thick of it for both the ACC and the CFP next year and beyond. The thing you have to remember about FSU and Louisville is that their O lines will need to improve to handle our pressure. I'm already excited about next year!

Jan 15, 2017, 11:11 AM

I hope we aren't 8-4. I think that's one of the worst case scenarios.

In regards to Watson, EVERYONE knew that kid was special. All Clemson fans assumed that he was going to be the starter day one. But as you know, Stout "paid his dues" and started the first few games. You don't bring a retired jersey out of retirement if the kid ain't special. The hype surrounding that kid was one of the highest I remember.

But I feel a good medium of expectation is around 9-3 to 10-2.

And the year we replaced Boyd we went 9-3 with the

Jan 15, 2017, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm preparing more for 8-4 with ]

#1 defense in the country. Our defense next year isn't going to be any better than that 2014 defense.

Re: And the year we replaced Boyd we went 9-3 with the

Jan 15, 2017, 2:09 PM

I'll take a 10 win season. I want to continue that streak

Jan 15, 2017, 10:54 AM [ in reply to I'm preparing more for 8-4 with ]

I think people underestimate the talent coming back. Clemsons defense alone will keep them in every game. I am a biggggg believer in Zerrick Cooper. The OL should be very good(Caldwell will get to show us if he is the coach he is thought to be). My only concern is the seniority factor, I hope Dabo learned from the DW4 and Stoudt season that the best player may be the RS or True Freshmen and seniority should go out the window. I don't want to see kb as the qb next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Without DW4

Jan 14, 2017, 9:18 PM

I'm not even going to panic. Look how Bama's defense carried their team this past season. Their offense was borderline at best. Our defense should be great and we still have some playmakers on offense. Won't be as bad as you think. I'm just concerned about having a kicker that can kick it out the endzone on kickoffs and a player that won't muff punts.

Jan 14, 2017, 9:20 PM

Do you agree the stress is gone for at least a few years?

Jan 14, 2017, 9:27 PM

I don't really have an answer on that sadly. If there is any stress it'll be on whoever the next starting QB is going into week 1 trying to fill in Watson's shoes. Other than that I don't think there's any stress though. But I trust that Dabo will play the best man after making a mistake with Cole Stoudt. Sometimes you gotta put loyalty to the side and play the best man that'll help you win games.

Jan 14, 2017, 9:32 PM

If we get someone to step up where Jadar Left off i think our D will be better...i think our CB play will be as strong or better. Im assuming Mullen and Terrell will battle and be great adds. And the depth with Baker, Carter etc is solid.

Hoping Simmons is the real deal.

Jan 14, 2017, 9:35 PM

I have a feeling that Tanner Muse will be our next starter at SS. I heard Simmons say that he's working at FS. It surprised me because he has the body of a SS. But can you imagine having 2 big, fast, hard hitting safeties like Muse and Simmons back there after Van Smith leaves? My goodness

Can't Make It Back To The Natty With A True Freshman

It's been a long time since that has been done

its a good thing our starter probably

Jan 14, 2017, 9:29 PM

wont be a true freshman

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can't Make It Back To The Natty With A True Freshman

Jan 15, 2017, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Can't Make It Back To The Natty With A True Freshman ]

Alabama?

I actually think our defense will be improved next year

The front of Ferrell,Wilkins,lawerence,Bryant/Kelly has a ton of first round talent. Add in Joseph, Lamar, ODaniel, Shaq you have arguably the best defense talent wise for BV in the front seven

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think 9-3 or 10-2 in the regular season...with Zerrick

Jan 14, 2017, 9:27 PM

Cooper at QB.
Go Tigers!!

at L'ville and at VT?***

Jan 15, 2017, 10:55 AM

Jan 14, 2017, 9:28 PM

Don't sleep on Z Cooper. This guy can flat spin the pigskin. He also can move in the pocket. He has a year in his pocket under our system and has been running the scout team so I feel we will be pleasantly surprised during the spring game.

The South Carolina game will be tougher

than last year. I'm thinking 49-7.

we gotta hope the FSU, VT, and Lville games are late season

if these are our first conference games (and betting odds are around 90%) it will be tremendously tough.

We need to hope hard that we start with Wake and BC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: we gotta hope the FSU, VT, and Lville games are late season

Jan 14, 2017, 9:39 PM

VT won't have Jerrod Evans so they'll be breaking in a new QB too.

VT is still a road game destined for Thursday night

Jan 14, 2017, 9:45 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: we gotta hope the FSU, VT, and Lville games are late season

Jan 14, 2017, 9:42 PM [ in reply to we gotta hope the FSU, VT, and Lville games are late season ]

If we're gonna lose it's better to do it early in the season. I used to be a pessimistic fan but now I believe everything Dabo says. The best is yet to come.

I hope us fans give the next QB and the staff a break as

Jan 14, 2017, 9:30 PM

the process works its way out, 'cause it's going to need to work its way out.

But with the monkey off our backs, I'm expecting Clemson Nation as a whole to be a little more relaxed as next season unfolds. As fans, I guess we've earned that.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2017, 9:35 PM

We'll have to simplify our offense but then we shouldn't have to score 30 points every game to win... ala bama this year. We'll be ok at rb and receiving. With the love that the acc getting now we could possibly get in with 1 loss and not winning acc championship.

If not y'all r right, nyd 6.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If ZC's half as good as what some say, we shouldn't lose

Jan 14, 2017, 9:38 PM

more than two.

Wish we had an easy first game though.

Re: If ZC's half as good as what some say, we shouldn't lose

Jan 15, 2017, 11:19 AM

We open with Kent State at home and then Auburn at home...about as good as start as we could hope for. An "easy" game and then a real test at home to show us what we're really made of

Carolina Panthers!!!

Jan 14, 2017, 9:39 PM

Stop pulling for the Carolina Panthers and maybe they will get rid of that cheater/clown QB they've got. What a crybaby loser he is! Also, why don't they ever draft Clemson guys to play for them--what gives re: that???

Could see 9-3 or 10-2, think anything worse is a bit of letdown

Jan 14, 2017, 10:14 PM

Depends on the schedule line up & how are whoever our QB is. Honestly I think will be either Cooper or Johnson unless Bryant has a great spring. Would rather top 2 be Cooper & Bryant, hopefully RS Johnson, then he be in top 2 the following year & RS Lawrence in '18.

Auburn in 2nd week will be tough, I could see that being a L as we're breaking in new guys. If FSU is early, favors them; if it's later in year, favors us, especially @ home. @ VT I could see being a Thursday game & obviously alot of eyes on the away games @ UL & NC St. Wish Citadel was early season so we could have another game to break in the new personnel. I see our D having to keep the team in alot of games, especially in the early games. Think the biggest thing that'll help this year is that everyone is tabbing FSU as the ACC favorite, so maybe we sneak up on ppl as the year goes on. NY6 game shouldn't be out of reason.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Could see 9-3 or 10-2, think anything worse is a bit of letdown

Jan 15, 2017, 10:57 AM

I don't see that happening at all....2 number #1 QBs, and we're going RS both?

Really...

2017 offense will be fine, trust me!

Jan 15, 2017, 10:54 AM

Best O-line we've had in the Swinney era......LOADED at receiver, lead by Deon Cain.- Watch
out for an emerging C Powell........"some" concerns at RB, but we should fine.

And sure, there's QB.
With the folks around him- Bryant, Copper or Johnson...To start with, just be a game
manager. And the starter will get better.

Re: Without DW4 - Dabo will have the boys ready

Jan 15, 2017, 11:11 AM

I suspect they are already preparing

what has me especially relaxed is that it is possible

Jan 15, 2017, 11:32 AM

in current cfp format to lose one without getting knocked out of the playoff picture. I would like to beat FSU of course, but if the game is really tight and we lose by 1 point or 3, I think if that is our only blemish the committee would find a way to get us back into the playoff.

Re: what has me especially relaxed is that it is possible

Jan 15, 2017, 11:48 AM

That's if FSU goes undefeated or has no more than one loss on their schedule. Remember the Louisville Clemson situation this past season though. Clemson would have to win out and FSU would have have to lose a few for us to be in front of them

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic