Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BSB Update: Notre Dame takes series with win on Sunday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

BSB Update: Notre Dame takes series with win on Sunday

Mar 15, 2015, 3:53 PM

Notre Dame takes series with win on Sunday

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm only going to say 2 things:

Mar 15, 2015, 4:12 PM

It sucks for Erwin to get the loss after pitching a great game and Coastal Carolina will beat us on Tuesday.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Re: I'm only going to say 2 things:

Mar 15, 2015, 6:00 PM

I'm finished even paying attention to them. To lose to a 9-7 Notre Dame sorry team at home is beyand comprhension. Just awful.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

9-7? Who is 9-7? Notre Dame is 14-4, it says right in the

Mar 15, 2015, 7:25 PM

article. Apparently you cannot read so well.

we were 9-7 then we lost the last 2

Mar 15, 2015, 7:45 PM

not funny

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 9-7? Who is 9-7? Notre Dame is 14-4, it says right in the

Mar 15, 2015, 8:29 PM [ in reply to 9-7? Who is 9-7? Notre Dame is 14-4, it says right in the ]

Who gives a sh$t..WE ARE 9-9 NOW!! AND A TEAM WHO HASNT EVEN BEEN ABLE TO PLAY AT ITS HOME FIELD YET IS 16-4!!!

Mar 15, 2015, 8:44 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm only going to say 2 things: ]

And ND won the series playing against a horrible Clemson team that terribly needed a coaching change a few years ago. And we can expect to see a lot more of the same throughout the rest of our season, and for as long as Leggett is our Head baseball coach. I wish that Jack could at least get us back to playing like a mediocre team!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2015, 8:45 PM

that would be a big improvement

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BSB Update: Notre Dame takes series with win on Sunday

Mar 15, 2015, 4:44 PM

I give people chance after chance but we need a change folks.

I thought Jack's farewell tour would be going much better

Mar 15, 2015, 6:05 PM

...and he could resign on a positive note rather than being fired after presiding over his 5th mediocre season and the steady 10 year decline of a once proud program.

Re: I thought Jack's farewell tour would be going much better

Mar 15, 2015, 6:15 PM

it is what we got for giving him another season to DRAG us down somemore

Mar 15, 2015, 6:52 PM

Jack makes poor decisions but this is one of the worst hitting ball clubs I have seen.

Mar 15, 2015, 7:14 PM [ in reply to I thought Jack's farewell tour would be going much better ]

I guess he is just going to ride it right to the bottom like the Captain of the Titanic. I have been so supportive of him and the program for so long, even when we have struggled of late, but even I think he is just not the guy anymore. How far we have sunk!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We simply play too tight

Mar 15, 2015, 7:35 PM

Jack Leg has been diminished to a fair 3rd base coach who makes himself too much part of the game and serves primarily to make our guys way too tight. Prime example - we are leaders in taking called 3rd strikes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know things are bad when Deroberts is not

Mar 15, 2015, 8:21 PM

out pumping sunshine. Sounds like we need a players only meeting. ;)

Re: You know things are bad when Deroberts is not

Mar 15, 2015, 8:23 PM

what we need is to start playing again like we did against the coots. we made most every play and had timely hitting.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, but I'm staring to think that was an exception

Mar 15, 2015, 8:24 PM

and not the norm.

Re: You know things are bad when Deroberts is not

Mar 15, 2015, 8:29 PM [ in reply to You know things are bad when Deroberts is not ]

I certainly do not agree with DER about Jack but he is saying what he thinks is right.

Re: We simply play too tight

Mar 15, 2015, 9:19 PM [ in reply to We simply play too tight ]

I don't reply often, but you are absolutely right. I was an all-state high school baseball player back in the 90's so I feel I know my fair share about the game. For the past 10+ years the #1 problem I have had with our approach to hitting was the lack of aggression at the plate. We should be trying to send that ball into orbit on strikes 1 & 2. But we watch more strikes than any team I have ever seen. And the Cardinal Sin at the plate is you don't watch a third strike. Protect the plate, hence the term "Choke and Poke". Choke up, shorten your swing and poke anything close to the strike zone back up the middle!!! That's not the time to be selective. I know that the coach can't make you swing. But he can sure make you wish that you had in practice the next day. Sorry for the rant. 10 years of built up frustration came pouring out.

Re: We simply play too tight

Mar 16, 2015, 12:06 AM [ in reply to We simply play too tight ]

Well, turn the bats loose and see what happens. What do we have to lose?, all to gain. ALL-IN!!!
At least the players will loosen up and have fun trying. Lets go down swing. Fighting to the last strike. The players will feel better knowing they left it all on the field. Win or Lose. Therefore, keeping them loose as well as the detemination to try harder to success the next time around. If they keep swinging, eventually they are going to make the connection and start succeeding.

If I hear the "it takes 20 games before the roster is right"

Mar 15, 2015, 9:02 PM

I am going run out on the field, rip up second base and throw it into the moat.

Re: If I hear the "it takes 20 games before the roster is right"

Mar 16, 2015, 1:16 AM

Haha..that one really gets me goin too..so now it takes you 35% of the year to figure this out?

Re: If I hear the "it takes 20 games before the roster is right"

Mar 16, 2015, 10:34 AM [ in reply to If I hear the "it takes 20 games before the roster is right" ]

Unfortunately the team hasn't seen it enough to realize it would be missing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic