Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why all the posts obsessing over SC's failure
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 66
| visibility 1

Why all the posts obsessing over SC's failure

Dec 28, 2014, 7:55 PM

Look, I hate SC as much as the next guy, and the 5 year win streak was as unbearable for me as it was for many of you. Trust me, i'm from Columbia, and the trips home from Clemson for breaks were unbearable at times.

But the streak is over and order has been restored, so I don't see any reason to write post after post about any failure an SC player, coach, recruit, or former player has. I can understand those posts during the dark times of the streak perhaps, but I come to TIGERnet to read posts about the TIGERS, not about the Gamecocks. If you want to discuss SC and their internal issues, take it to FGF or one of their other 50 message boards.

I grew up knowing where we stand in the pecking order, and that is Clemson > SC by miles. The Gamecocks have historically obsessed over Clemson because they knew we were better too, and they obsessed over justifying anything that would make them feel more equal. CLEMSON FANS SHOULD NEVER EVER STOOP TO THIS LEVEL! We are the better program, university and fanbase, and it drives me crazy to see some of those within our own fanbase act like how the "coots" act about Clemson. Don't think the SC fans don't come on to TigerNet and see the frequent posts about their team, which have nothing to do with CLEMSON football, and get some sense of gratitude from it. It's all their fanbase really has going for them.

Let's get it together Tigers, we have plenty to discuss about our OWN team. Let's beat the Sooners and look forward to an offseason filled with excellent recruiting, and successful recovery for those who were injured this season.

Go Tigers, Beat Oklahoma!

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said.***

Dec 28, 2014, 7:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why all the posts obsessing over SC's failure

Dec 28, 2014, 8:16 PM

Two good reasons to obsess over USuC failures and their seasons are 1. Their fans are turds and 2. They suck

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2014, 8:56 PM

Well said...I don't like the dirtpeckers either and I'm from PA for pete's sake...let's focus on our programs.

Re: Bud, I live in Columbia and I guarantee you that no one

Dec 28, 2014, 9:05 PM

hates them more than more. Never have and never will.

Dec 28, 2014, 9:19 PM

yes, why obsess over a team we curb stomped.....we got bigger fish to fry

I've noticed it too but

Dec 28, 2014, 9:24 PM

this is just 5 years of frustration being unleashed. I'm willing to look past it

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: I've noticed it too but

Dec 28, 2014, 10:28 PM

Exactly! Well said.

Dec 28, 2014, 9:25 PM

Couldn't agree more. It seems like a small group of posters keep trying to out-insult SC to each other.
It's really annoying, tired of seeing thread after thread about SC, Spurrier, their fans...etc.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very well said! We're better than that. Move on!

Dec 28, 2014, 9:33 PM

I also live in Columbia (IRMO) and can't stand them, but no need to sink to their level.

It's quality entertainment

Dec 28, 2014, 11:25 PM

Watching the epic meltdown is the funnier than an Adam Sandler movie.

Yes, "Watching"

Dec 28, 2014, 11:28 PM

The commentary from the peanut gallery by some on this board is disheartening, and quite frankly, repulsive that it's coming from our own fans

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To give them a taste of their own medicine?

Dec 28, 2014, 11:44 PM

I'm only 28, so the 5 year streak was the most grueling 5 years of my fandom. They were rude, crass, and, well, trashy for those 5 years, so I can understand people piling on, even though I won't participate in it.

And I'm 21, a student at Clemson, and from Columbia

Dec 29, 2014, 1:04 AM

But as disgusted as I am by the SC fanbase, it disgusts me more seeing the same BS their fans pull coming from the Clemson fans.

Re: To give them a taste of their own medicine?

Dec 30, 2014, 11:04 PM [ in reply to To give them a taste of their own medicine? ]

trashy for just 5 years?

I don't think he failed at all ...

Dec 28, 2014, 11:32 PM

Given that he was the practice squad just last week, and the commentators said he has not really taken that many snaps ... he made a Pro Team, he got a start, and he did well considering all the constraints

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this really new though? Isn't there a USuCk rap sheet

Dec 29, 2014, 12:01 AM

floating around somewhere....I think that was well established before the streak.

These coots have brought it on themselves. I'll stick and twist on a coot in a heart beat. I've always defended my Tigers. If they don't want their failures thrown in their face...best keep their filthy good for nothing butts off t-net. I see plenty of them here, trolling, trying to start #### b/c the streak has given them such an ego. If there happens to be a thread ripping them a new one, good. Hope it's a good read for them.

I've got no remorse for the coots. They can't win with any dignity, then they'll be treated without it...here anyways.

Simply beautifully said. I'm 42 years old and this is

Dec 29, 2014, 2:03 AM

the way it's always been. I will NEVER show them any quarter, for I shall NEVER receive any. They know exactly what can of worms they are opening when they post nonsense to start with, and I'll be on them like a hobo on a ham sandwich every single time. I have class, and I wish no harm on anyone, but I've never taken #### from a coot fan, and do not plan on starting now.

here here!***

Dec 29, 2014, 1:36 AM

Clemson fans will never admit it but

Dec 29, 2014, 7:09 AM

USC has always been Clemson's measuring stick.

The one thing Clemson could always hang its hat on was they were better than Carolina and always would be. The past five years have shown that might not be the case anymore.

As a Carolina fan you could feel a real difference in your fan base while tailgating in 2014 than you could before the game in 2006.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

You're insane.

Dec 29, 2014, 7:15 AM

Until the recent wild anomaly streak, Clemson fans EXPECTED to beat the chickens. You basically admitted that yourself, but when you expect to beat someone there's no way that can be considered a measuring stick. Maybe you don't really understand what the term measuring stick means? By the way, does having 13.5k posts on your rival's website indicate you're obsessed?

A measuring stick is merely a tool

Dec 29, 2014, 7:30 AM

used to measure.

The idea is that you would compare yourself is that you would compare yourself to someone better. However that isn't a must. You often see golfers sandbagging so they can gain self worth by beating golfers below their ability.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're obviously confused.

Dec 29, 2014, 7:37 AM

A "measuring stick" in this context is saying a specific goal is used to gauge whether or not a season is successful. Beating you most every time became routine. It's like saying beating Wake forest is a measuring stick. It's not the same as the golfer reference, not even close.

You forgot to address replying in a post about obsession when you have 13.5k posts on your rival's website.

Re: A measuring stick is merely a tool

Dec 30, 2014, 1:34 AM [ in reply to A measuring stick is merely a tool ]

In Golf, anything works for a coot when their back in their lowly places!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

obviously, you're not a golfer.....***

Dec 31, 2014, 12:52 AM [ in reply to A measuring stick is merely a tool ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Re: Clemson fans will never admit it but

Dec 29, 2014, 7:32 AM [ in reply to Clemson fans will never admit it but ]

what THIS Clemson fan knows is the usce has been hanging their hats on Clemson the last five years. you know and i know that you have survived solely on $ec money and $ec reputation and a 5 year winning streak, in which you and your lameass fanbase and drunk coach has taken EVERY chance to talk smack on Clemson. even when Coach Swinney made respectful comments about Lattimore, your drunkass coach took shots at Clemson. Your version of Whitehurst made an ### out of himself by signing a CLEMSON helmet "We own the state". Your fanbase decided to go to the Clemson LSU game a couple of years ago wearing tshirts that said USC 4 LSU.

SO now, you wonder why we blast out at usuck even now? Its because order HAS been restored. No, your program IS behind ours, and its likely to stay that way for a while now. Dont be telling us fans of many many years that we "dont need to stoop to their level". Clemson has NEVER been at the low life level of usuck fans and never will. From throwing batteries at Clemson players going into and coming out of the locker room, to throwing balloons full of #### at the players, there are MANY instances of how low the coots sink. Clemson fans and students would NEVER stoop to this level. Im guessing some of you young ones will never remember when Tanneyhill after a usuck win in Clemson walked out to mid field and stomped on the paw.

So, Im not one to rant, but this "lets play nicey nice with usc and Shaw" crap is just that. Crap. Grow a set of balls and quit this love fest with the coots. It aint happenin.

"We only do it because you did it"

Dec 29, 2014, 7:41 AM

Gets childish real quick when USC claims, "We only did it because you did it."

Talk about a chicken or the egg argument.

Re: "We only do it because you did it"

Dec 29, 2014, 7:43 AM

lol childish. This coming from a coot. You idiots expect a "grace period" after we stomped your butts after five years of never letting up. Grow up son, stick to fgf where like minded fools can gloat over another bama or quburn win. Man, you guys are piece of work. #### and go home.

"Childish"? LOL.

Dec 29, 2014, 7:47 AM [ in reply to "We only do it because you did it" ]

Just stop man. It's obvious you're FOS.

13.5k posts on your rival's board, all obsessing over your rival. Can you not see the irony in your argument here?

Re: "We only do it because you did it"

Dec 30, 2014, 1:54 AM [ in reply to "We only do it because you did it" ]

You are a liar, I treated my coot friends back then with nothing but respect b/c it was then only a game and not worth losing what I believe to be good friendships. But they had different thoughts about it just being a game, and didn't care about hurting me over a game. Oh did I learn a very valuable lesson, and that is coots can't be trusted to have an equal friendship!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are right on here...

Dec 30, 2014, 8:30 AM

I never got in the face of my coot friends when we were winning but I can guarantee they have been more than obnoxious in the recent victories.

Perfect recent example, I go over to a coot's house with my wife to watch the Coot Miami game and not long after being there, she brings out a picture of Spurlid spanking Dabo and puts it on the mantle. Leaves it up the entire game.

Classy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

100% agreed. It's expected for fanbase A to revel in beating

Dec 29, 2014, 7:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson fans will never admit it but ]

fanbase B especially considering the fierceness of this rivalry and the amount of nonsense those clowns have spewed for 5 years. It's normal (i.e. not "obsessed") to poke fun of your rival when you beat them, especially when you're used to beating them and they're on an unseen 5-yr streak filled with years of them spewing crap in your direction. I don't get how some don't get it.

Re: 100% agreed. It's expected for fanbase A to revel in beating

Dec 29, 2014, 7:48 AM

It was a fun rivalry before spurlid arrived. From that point on, his smarta$$ attiutude rubbed on the gullable lamecock fan base. Spurlid is experienced in digging knives into the backs of opponents and it carried over to the fanbase. I hope he has nightmares of a one legged quarterback shredding his poor defense.

Dec 30, 2014, 1:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson fans will never admit it but ]

Not in this life time, not me never, I hate gamecocks period. I didn't come to hating them just because. I had what I believe to be good coot friends until they won the first 2 under spurrier. I learned very quick that we were friends b/c I was a Tiger fan that didn't try and make them feel worse after a loss to us. I didn't rub it in their faces b/c they were my friends I thought until that two straight under slurrier and here they come at me with the BS they were hearing from their coot friends and spurrier rubbing Dabo the wrong way. But anyway, I no longer have any coot friends, and never in this life time will I ever have another one. They can't handle winning with respect even to their friends.

I can see your point...

Dec 29, 2014, 8:15 AM [ in reply to Clemson fans will never admit it but ]

....just as the ability to walk is a measuring stick for an olympic sprinter, you are a measuring stick Clemson football.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

If a sprinter couldn't walk

Dec 29, 2014, 8:18 AM

5 out of the last 6 years it is doubtful he would make the olympics.

HTH

Yes, folks have only been walking for the past 6 years.***

Dec 29, 2014, 8:36 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Dec 30, 2014, 1:30 AM [ in reply to Clemson fans will never admit it but ]

You forgot to measure the coach firing and 12 recruits left from the 25 we needed to keep up. You forgot to measure your success over us to that major set back. And to be honest, the best team lost in 2012 and 2013. But don't even bother to pull out your measuring stick now, its to late, we're back. The state is back in the best hands again, get use to it, you wasn't the leader that long to have any trouble getting back to your rightful normal place!!!

You are incorrect....

Dec 30, 2014, 7:25 AM [ in reply to Clemson fans will never admit it but ]

I graduated from Clemson and have been a fan most of my life. I have never thought of Carolina more than just someone we regularly beat.... I have never respected your program nor your fans.

Honestly, I've never really thought about you till your recent run, which to your displeasure has ended.

PS- Actually I used the wrong phrase above, Carolina is in Chapel Hill and always will be.

Message was edited by: dw1959®

I clearly said you guys would never admit it

Dec 30, 2014, 7:32 AM

So I'm not sure why you keep trying to deny it.

Congrats on the win last night. That defense was much better than I gave them credit for in the preseason.

If I've ever told the truth it was what I said.

Dec 30, 2014, 7:50 AM

I will swear by it.

Right after you huge bowl game win last year

Dec 30, 2014, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Clemson fans will never admit it but ]

your coach talked about Clemson. So you tell me why he would do that? Out of anything he could talk about, he talked about Clemson. I'm pretty sure your wins against Clemson were the biggest wins in your program history.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

I never denied that you're our measuring stick

Dec 30, 2014, 8:17 AM

Especially amongst the older fans. My generation likes to believe it's the SEC blue bloods but they're way too good for us to consistently beat them.

Hip - Hop 'o crit... what makes you think

Dec 30, 2014, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Clemson fans will never admit it but ]

you can even improve on a 17 - point bitchslap? Hmm?

Give me three solid points. Matchup, scheme, personnel. Anything!

With defections and decommits, those amazing Clemson skill players, and Jeri and Stevil watching HGTV House Hunters all time, why even put up a facade of hope?

-PhD

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

And you beakers won't admit, halfway through Q2

Dec 30, 2014, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Clemson fans will never admit it but ]

Your meat was white: outside to inside. The rest of the game was about choosing what sauce to slather on your patheticass.

You Giblets QUIT. Even your Megalomaniac Coach did. Ward didn't: He was fighting for a paycheck in 2015.

Clearly, the streak means nothing now. Your team and your fan base went back to its usual lack of confidence .vs it's rival. We all saw it AND FELT IT! And it came on so strong DURING the game!

But there will always be morons like Orphan21 and yourself, that will parrot what your Shrink tells you, to keep from blowing a head gasket.

-PhD

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: And you beakers won't admit, halfway through Q2

Dec 30, 2014, 10:55 PM

D@mn, Doc. Lol

That's what I'm talking about.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

What? There is a difference in the temperature of a fan

Dec 31, 2014, 4:03 AM [ in reply to Clemson fans will never admit it but ]

base when they're coming in on a five game losing streak as opposed to a four game winning streak? No ####.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lighten up.....It is just rivalry speak....Nothing more

Dec 29, 2014, 7:54 AM

This is the nature of a rivalry...for one to succeed, the other MUST fail!..that is is what trash talk is all about.

A Clemson failure on any level is a success to a Gamecock fan and Visa-Versa...That is the nature of any rivalry...

Now in the "real" world nobody really wants to see another fail in life unless they are a tool and need to be knocked down a peg or two....

I can pull for a guy like Spurrier to "fail" because his future and the financial stability of his family is secure if he has been a good steward of his finances....so he can go to h3ll....

People that choose to be athletes or coaches rather than their education (or lack thereof) on typical vocations have chosen to subject themselves to the fans constantly wavering opinion is subject to this...that is the nature of the game and frankly fans take this stuff too seriously as well......AKA..Lighten Up....

Keep things in its proper perspective and enjoy hating your foe.....

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: Lighten up.....It is just rivalry speak....Nothing more

Dec 29, 2014, 8:01 AM

I tell you what you do, classless09, go over to fgf and put the similar statement there that was made to start this thread. Youll be burned at the stake within about two minutes. No love lost here for you and your team. Want love for your team, your board is where you need to be. :)

I'm not the one pretending one fanbase is

Dec 29, 2014, 8:05 AM

better than the other.

Clemson and Carolina both use each other as the measuring stick. My generation likes to use the Alabama's as a measuring stick but that just leads to unrealistic expectations.

Re: I'm not the one pretending one fanbase is

Dec 29, 2014, 8:22 AM

I am, and ours if better than yours. I dont use another program as a measuring stick. I dont use a conference as a measuring stick. you sound like tsport, a clutz of a poster on the ba for years upon years. useless then, useless now.

Dec 29, 2014, 8:27 AM

Somebody just asked me about the Miami bowl game, I had no idea Miami went to a bowl, they were kinda terrible this year.... Who did they play?

Dec 30, 2014, 7:39 AM [ in reply to I'm not the one pretending one fanbase is ]

you are apparently very young. I assure you after going on 50 years,living in Columbia, now Atlanta there is a NASTIER, CAUSTIC streak in more of the Gamecock fan base than there ever has been in Clemson's. It's only natural as it is driven by the huge chip they rightfully have on their shoulder. South Carolina's football program in particular was never very good. Especially not consistently, rife with epic failures, dark chapters. I have many many people I consider good friends and acquaintances that are gamecock fans. It's only been in the previous 4 years or so that inferiority complex has begun to lessen a little. Now they are in the great but over hyped SEC and they have Alabama and everyone else to look up to as well.
Feeling good, confident, tolerant of their traditional betters is not in many of the Gamecock football fans football psyche yet.

Likewise our winning streak has brought out the worst in Clemson fans

Dec 30, 2014, 8:20 AM

I was blown away by the overreaction by your fans that Saturday we lost. Especially the reactions from my friends parents who are in their 60s that I've tailgated with more more than a decade.

I definitely think the 5 losses reminded yall how much we mean to you.

No, your streak brought out the worst in YOUR fans...I don't

Dec 30, 2014, 11:16 AM

remember people talking bout hi-5s and 5 bombs when we won 4 in a row twice in a 9 year span guy....We won graciously, with a degree of class...Now that we are in our rightful place again, you will see how real winners act you classless turdsucking troll....I'm gonna miss you...Not really

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Likewise our winning streak has brought out the worst in Clemson fans

Dec 30, 2014, 10:08 PM [ in reply to Likewise our winning streak has brought out the worst in Clemson fans ]

5 consecutive losses to anyone is unacceptable. Being a program like South Carolina just made it even more puzzling, eventually galling. The advent of social media and many fans abuse of it took it to a new level of obnoxiousness though.

You just answered the question,

Dec 31, 2014, 1:14 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm not the one pretending one fanbase is ]

Why would Clemson use SCar as a measuring stick? We own you in every statistic imaginable. Our stick is much bigger than yours.

Our measuring stick right now is FSU. Has been for a while now.

We won 10 of 12 before your 5. And we did 5 in a row twice already. And we own the record with 7 in a row.

I have no problem saying your our measuring stick if you actually were. But you are not and you might as well accept the fact we will always be your measuring stick and you will not be ours.

Someone doesn't understand the concept of schadenfreude

Dec 29, 2014, 8:05 AM

Here you go:

schadenfreude [shahd-n-froi-duh]

noun

1. satisfaction or pleasure felt at someone else's misfortune.

Origin
1890-95; < German, equivalent to Schaden harm + Freude joy

The fact that there's a term for it in the dictionary indicates it's a pretty common thing.

Good post!***

Dec 29, 2014, 10:23 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have some newsy advice for you

Dec 29, 2014, 12:01 PM

Your counsel will fall on deaf ears. People will always crow about, taunt, detract from, demean, degrade, and take narcissistic pleasure in pointing out our arch rival's shortfalls and failures. Believe me, your lecturing won't change a thing. It's the nature of things (are you just a real young person, like under 30?)

By that definition yes

Dec 31, 2014, 2:31 AM

I'm 21.

Not obsessing

Dec 29, 2014, 1:37 PM

Enjoying.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Dec 29, 2014, 3:37 PM

Have you learned that the coots have been kicked out of T-Net or something. Because half of T-Net are coots, and keeping the conversation off of them is impossible!!! It ain't going to happen no matter how much us Tigers would love to see it happen.

Dec 30, 2014, 7:19 AM

Pretty much this ; )

Maybe we should have a "Coots Topic" section on Tnet***

Dec 30, 2014, 11:22 AM

Dec 30, 2014, 11:24 AM

I have this strange ability where I can enjoy the Tiger successes and revel in the Coots' misery at the same time.

How I'm able to juggle both tasks simultaneously, I'll never know.

while a sad statement, I am actually surprised that

Dec 30, 2014, 11:01 PM

some of our friends around here are not calling you a coot. Good post and my sentiments exactly

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 66
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic