Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NY state lied about having enough ventilators...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 840

NY state lied about having enough ventilators...

Mar 26, 2020, 9:43 AM

when warned the virus was coming a month ago.

"New York State officials say they are ready, with a huge store of supplies hidden in three locations around the state, including a soaring, temperature-controlled warehouse near Albany.

The warehouse is stacked to its 40-foot ceilings with surgical masks, gowns and gloves, and more extreme protective gear like N95 respirators and enclosed Tyvek suits, which resemble hazmat suits. Officials have also stockpiled ventilators, a necessity for severe cases of this coronavirus, which causes high fever and respiratory problems."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/27/nyregion/new-york-coronavirus.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"New York State spent $958.6 million to build Tesla Inc.'s solar panel factory in South Buffalo and buy a big chunk of the equipment inside.

Now, auditors are saying the building and all that equipment is worth just under $75 million – or just 8% of what the state put into the RiverBend factory."

https://buffalonews.com/2019/11/08/pennies-on-the-dollar-the-tesla-plant-isnt-worth-nearly-what-the-state-paid-to-build-it/

GND in action.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NY state lied about having enough ventilators...

Mar 26, 2020, 10:41 AM

"Mayor Bill de Blasio has blamed President Trump for the city’s severe shortage of COVID-19 supplies even though City Hall didn’t secure its first order for emergency protective gear until March 6, The Post has learned.

Officials with the city’s Office of Emergency Management tried to purchase nearly 200,000 n95 masks on Feb. 7, but weeks later they learned the vendors had already run out.

It was not until March 6 and March 10 — over two months after the coronavirus outbreak first hit China — that they finally secured the first emergency procurements of masks and hand sanitizer, according to the city comptroller’s office.

“Our city is the epicenter of this outbreak in the United States, and we are lacking supplies because the mayor didn’t notice until two weeks ago?” fumed City Councilman Chaim Deutsch.

“We ought to have been prepared for this. Blaming Trump is an easy way to avoid hard questions, but it exposes a distinct lack of management on the part of this administration,” the Brooklyn Democrat said..."

https://nypost.com/2020/03/20/city-hall-didnt-order-covid-19-supplies-for-nyc-until-march-6/

Bill probably get his news from the NYT.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

doesn't that City Councilman supervise the Mayor?***

Mar 26, 2020, 11:12 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2020, 10:43 AM

Not saying the article does not have valid points or your post either. Thing is we all think we are ready till the dookie hits the fan. There is more than enough blame to cast about on this issue for all to get their fair share. Currently this is like trying to pick up a turd by the clean end.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not happy with NY residents suffering.

Mar 26, 2020, 10:49 AM

I'm not saying they deserve it for spending their money on chit that doesn't work. We all make bad investments. I'm sad about this but if we fail to remember history we're doomed to repeat mistakes of the past.

Re: I'm not happy with NY residents suffering.

Mar 26, 2020, 10:54 AM

I am not happy with any Americans suffering from this pandemic, it blows for all. We are fixing to get run over at the hospital where I am somewhat attached as a job. WHen this happens many folks will be hosed, familes will suffer and hard choices will be made.

Re: I'm not happy with NY residents suffering.

Mar 26, 2020, 10:58 AM [ in reply to I'm not happy with NY residents suffering. ]

Have a good day 88, stay safe and away from the dang bug. Gotta go haul stuff from the yard to the dump, dang yard debris pickup has the flu till April .

Mar 26, 2020, 11:44 AM

Don’t forget free healthcare for illegals, that was important too. Comments at the are gold lol.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/point/2020/03/new-york-wouldnt-spend-500-mil-ventilators-willing-daniel-greenfield/

Replies: 7
| visibility 840
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic