Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Look BV haters, Venables dominated FSU for 2 straight years
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Look BV haters, Venables dominated FSU for 2 straight years

Sep 24, 2012, 5:51 PM

so if you can't see he is a very good coach and when he gets talent in you'll all be kissing his butt.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Look BV haters, Venables dominated FSU for 2 straight years

Sep 24, 2012, 5:54 PM

I'll like him just like I do now but I ain't gonna kiss anybody's butt !! :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got nothing to do with kissing his butt

Sep 24, 2012, 5:55 PM

just need to go back and see him at OU, he is a very good coach

Re: Got nothing to do with kissing his butt

Sep 24, 2012, 11:33 PM

Listen DA, I was trying to agree with you but if you are so butthurt not to realize that what I was saying was an obvious joke.....then there is no help for you. BV is a very good coach but you seem to have your head so far up your butt that you don't realize that Everyone on here is not against you, like you want to think. You are not the only one who thinks BV can turn this D around . I had given you more credit than that. smh

He's quite confrontational.

Sep 24, 2012, 11:35 PM

Probably still in school. Give 'em time......he'll come around.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Obviously !! I tried to agree with him and got attacked !! ****

Sep 24, 2012, 11:39 PM

Sep 24, 2012, 5:56 PM

Not a hater but I dont buy the lack of talent thing. All people here have done is brag about our recruiting for the last several years. We've generally out recruited FSU or at least been even w them as I recall most of those years. Suddenly we cry youth and no talent. That is bogus. we lost a game and didnt play well on D. Period

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2012, 6:10 PM

Secondary can't cover anybody and the D-line is undersized. Not an excuse, just stating a fact. And we need to learn how to tackle better! We have to get better, not much way to play any worse! BV will be fine, but he may not have a quick fix!

Name me 3 NFL players on this defense right now***

Sep 24, 2012, 6:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Look BV haters, Venables dominated FSU for 2 straight years ]

Re: Name me 3 NFL players on this defense right now***

Sep 24, 2012, 6:51 PM

Crickets

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2012, 6:53 PM [ in reply to Name me 3 NFL players on this defense right now*** ]

You're assuming NFL talent comes straight out of high school.

Unless it's a top 10 recruit, it's got to be developed.

My question is, why do we have guys like Meeks, Goodman, Brewer who aren't any better now (and are sometimes worse) than they were 3 years ago?

I'll buy that we're young on the DL --- even though that's a recruiting numbers problem.

But why is our most experienced position (safety) one of the worst?

Sep 24, 2012, 7:11 PM

Evidently we whiffed on those signings.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Goodman is slower than christmas***

Sep 24, 2012, 11:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Name me 3 NFL players on this defense right now*** ]

We've never out-recruited FSU...

Sep 25, 2012, 7:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Look BV haters, Venables dominated FSU for 2 straight years ]

go back and check the rankings.

We out recruited FSU?!?!***

Sep 24, 2012, 6:16 PM

He's running nearly the same system that Steele ran...

Sep 24, 2012, 6:22 PM

If BV was such an amazing coach then he would adjust the scheme to fit the players. He hasnt done that. I promise you that BV watched film from our D last year so he would know what to correct from an individual player standpoint. Once he saw how bad our guys were in that scheme, he shouldve adjusted but he hasnt. Throwing a scheme and players on the field isnt coaching. Adjusting what you do to fit your players IS coaching. I hate SOS, but he's gone from the fun n' gun to the ground n' pound bc that what fits his players. Thats called coaching.

what scheme is that?***

Sep 24, 2012, 6:40 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Its a man coverage scheme out of a six man box...

Sep 24, 2012, 7:06 PM

We generally keep seven in the box using the hybrid position that Blanks plays. Very similar to what Steele had. When we drop into a zone, we use a lot of three man fronts. I like the zone sets, but only rushing three allows the QB more time to survey the field. Its only a matter of time before he finds a hole. BV has done a better job though of preparing these guys against scrambling QBs and they do stay in their lanes better. I see some positives, but obviously being ranked 93rd in Total D and 68 in Scoring D isnt gonna cut it.

He would not have beaten them THIS YEAR with OK

Sep 24, 2012, 6:24 PM

I am fine with BV at this point in the game, but you have to admit....he has not shown us a whole lot just yet. We have not stopped ANYBODY. I think that it will improve, but some teams do more with less.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Sep 24, 2012, 6:38 PM

I've said it a lot before but this is his biggest coaching job ever imo. In a way starting from stratch.

I'm not calling for his head

Sep 24, 2012, 6:42 PM

but we HAVE to improve, and thats bottom line! I'm all for giving him 2-3 years to get some of his own players in, but thats about it. Obviously he's not gonna get fired so all of the haters just need to quit and give him a chance. We lost to a very good FSU team ranked number 4 in the nation. could we have beaten them? yes, but we didnt get over it and move on.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm not calling for his head

Sep 25, 2012, 7:25 AM

There is no reason to give him beyond this year if the defense doesn't show definite improvement by the end of the year. You don't have to have your own recruits to teach fundamentals of tackling and get players to quit standing around watching and/or loafing.

Sep 24, 2012, 7:09 PM

this is the same guy who gave up 55 pts to texas tech with vastly superior players while at OU. im not sure what yall expected. OU has never been known for their defense so why would we want their leftovers

Sep 24, 2012, 7:26 PM

OU leftover are pretty da,m good.

Well, where are all of the Venable haters

Sep 25, 2012, 12:42 AM

you seem to know about? I don't see many on here.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The "4 more years" chant is so predictable.

Sep 25, 2012, 7:10 AM

I love how you think our chance to be great comes AFTER Sammy Watkins graduates. Or when that happens will you ask for 4 more years since we just graduated our best player?

So, either our players are horrible and uncoachable or...

Sep 25, 2012, 8:01 AM

they haven't been taught well enough to be in the right position to make the plays.

Which is it? Lack of talent/competent players or bad coaching?

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic