Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mike Williams thoughts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Mike Williams thoughts

Feb 8, 2013, 1:22 PM

Yesterday I posted my thoughts on some footage I watched of Alexander so today I decided to take a look at another recruits footage in depth

Mike Williams

The first thing I noticed right away is he is BIG. At 6'5" and 205 pounds he has a body to be a monster receiver. He is just a down right huge target. His speed is deceptive because of his huge stride. He does not yet have a very explosive launch off of the line that shorter receivers tend to have. He will also benefit from becoming a better route runner over all.

But

There are many things I love about this kid! He is very comparable to Nuk Hopkins in his skill sets. He always makes catches with his hands. He seems to have very strong and very sure hands. In his footage he is always in a jump ball situation. The reason is because his QB was not the best and would toss the ball up with a hope and a prayer that this beast of a receiver could get position and make the catch. His QB was right most of the time because Mike would always get in a great position on the CB and elevate to catch the ball at his highest point which no CB under 6ft could contest.

Mike has a great frame to build on, a good skill set, and natural talent to be a star. He will need to be honed I think though. I never realized how similar him and Nuk really were until watching his film closer. Mike is defiantly under rated because his QB situation and would have benefited much from a more accurate passer who could have hit this stud while he was in stride. Can't wait to see the fade route to the corner of the end zone to this guy against Kendall Fuller in the future :)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spot on brother!!

Feb 8, 2013, 1:33 PM

I think was truly a hidden gem!!

One other thing to really like about this kid is that he is ALL IN coming from a high school in Coot territory!

Very nice indeed!!

Re: Mike Williams thoughts

Feb 8, 2013, 1:36 PM

Good assessment , hopefully his progress and growth will be rapid!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm loving these breakdowns

Feb 8, 2013, 1:50 PM

Could you do one for Priester? I hear good things about this guy.

Re: I'm loving these breakdowns

Feb 8, 2013, 6:34 PM

Yeah sure thing. I'll check out his game film today. I have already seen some and he is GOOD.

Best thing is

Feb 8, 2013, 6:36 PM

If it hits his hands he catches it and gets up field.

Feb 8, 2013, 6:41 PM

Size and strengthand and especially the part about jump balls from below average qbs throwing up prayers

Feb 8, 2013, 6:46 PM

Wow, great job man! Keep em coming. Point!

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic