Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm kinda surprised, but not really, that the sports media
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,317

I'm kinda surprised, but not really, that the sports media

Oct 2, 2018, 10:42 AM

isn't giving us more credit for the Syracuse win. Yes, we were 20-something favorites going in, but given the week that preceded the game, with all the KB mess and all the distraction that that offered, TL's first start (as a true freshman), then TL going down and CB coming in with us down by double-digits - that was a heckuva game! I saw good articles about how great a game it was, but then we dropped in the polls and in the speculation for the CFP.

I say kinda surprised b/c I know we're still the new kid on the block and not the country club favorite like Ohio St, Notre Dame, Michigan, Alabama, etc. All those media guys are still heart broken that FSU sucks again! They'd love to have FSU back in the picture!

Ultimately, though, all that matters is where you are at the end of the regular season and after the conf championship games, and I'm confident we'll be in the picture then.

Like the coach says, if you win 'em all, everything will sort itself out. Unless you're UCF ;)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm kinda surprised, but not really, that the sports media

Oct 2, 2018, 10:53 AM

IMO we weren’t 25 pt.favorites because we should have been, we were 25pt favorites because the EXPERTS are full of it. IMO Cuse is a very good football team, they’re just not deep and we aided them with turnovers. If Cuse can stay healthy they’re going to win a lot of games.

Oct 2, 2018, 10:56 AM

True. Our two turnovers netted them 10 points. Cuse is a good team. We'll see as the season goes on how good they actually are.

That's what I love about the CFP - no "official" polls until November, when we really know what we're looking at. Remember last year when the polls gave Alabama credit for beating a top 10 FSU team that turned out to totally suck - and we know now that it was due to far more than Francois going down.

Take care of business - win the next game, win the Atlantic, win the state, win the conference, and we'll be where we should be.

The AP and coaches polls, however - what a joke.

Oct 2, 2018, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm kinda surprised, but not really, that the sports media ]

Maybe. They turned out to be a complete bust last year. Hoping they show up this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2018, 11:01 AM

True - but didn’t Dungey miss the rest of the season?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Oct 2, 2018, 8:30 AM

yes, Dungey and several others went down the week after our gme with them. This year"the Orange" have good backups at QB and other skill positions. They have much better depth this year.

Not really...we aren't in the eSECpn...do go figure***

Oct 2, 2018, 11:04 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,317
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic