Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Biden
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1,465

Biden

Oct 1, 2019, 11:27 AM

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6090946119001/#sp=show-clips

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean a politician may have lied?!?!

Oct 1, 2019, 11:35 AM

OMG!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

My dirty politician is less dirty than your dirty politician***

Oct 1, 2019, 12:13 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Re: Biden

Oct 1, 2019, 11:41 AM

He was obviously aware of his sone Ukraine ties, but who cares?

I’m honestly ok with Trump getting investigated over this

Oct 1, 2019, 12:18 PM

He should be.

This is where the BS just continues perpetually though, when people who want Trump to go down can’t say “you know what, Joe looks fishy as hellll in all this too, let’s get to the bottom of it.”

At best it makes your concerns over Trump’s interactions with Ukraine look like crocodile tears.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m honestly ok with Trump getting investigated over this

Oct 1, 2019, 12:24 PM

It's too bad the democrats control the justice department and every branch of government. Guess we'll never get to the bottom of the Biden corruption.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, that’s a new one.

Oct 1, 2019, 12:29 PM

Yes cac, there’s never been a case of overall power overriding party and sleeping dogs being allowed to let lie. Surely when a party takes control of a branch, they immediately just start investigating everyone from the past party in control.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow, that’s a new one.

Oct 1, 2019, 12:34 PM

So you're saying the Republicans aren't investigating Biden because of decorum? They're just going to let bygones be bygones? Corruption is just normal so #### it?

Are you saying you'd be shocked if that was the case?

Oct 1, 2019, 12:37 PM

You think anything and everything out of the pale in high level politics gets an investigation without something major predicating it?

You think you and I get equal treatment and are held to equal standards as someone in a position of power in the US govt?

Re: Are you saying you'd be shocked if that was the case?

Oct 1, 2019, 12:42 PM

I would absolutely be shocked. I would really like horrible politicians out of our government regardless of party so please Republicans, do something about Joe Biden if you have something on him.

I have to assume you're being deliberately obtuse,

Oct 1, 2019, 12:46 PM

or else you are the first person I've ever met who believes that unchecked corruption doesn't exist on any level in the federal govt.

Sheesh, the Dems have believed Trump was corrupt on numerous levels for two years now but Pelosi didn't begin an impeachment investigation because she didn't believe it was politically expedient.

I would be shocked if that was the case.***

Oct 1, 2019, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Are you saying you'd be shocked if that was the case? ]

I'd be shocked if you were shocked.***

Oct 1, 2019, 12:49 PM

Well I'd be shocked if you were shocked that I was shocked.***

Oct 1, 2019, 1:01 PM

Re: Well I'd be shocked if you were shocked that I was shocked.***

Oct 1, 2019, 1:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah I don't think "let sleeping dogs lie" is the motto for

Oct 1, 2019, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Wow, that’s a new one. ]

the Justice Department.

So Republicans freaked out over Hillary's email server, but they discover the Vice President abused his power to enrich his son and they were like, "Nah, let's let sleeping dogs lie."

Let's pretend for a second that that's what happened. Aren't you just admitting that they didn't care until he was running for president, which would make the motivation for an investigation 100% political?

You sound like you think that last statement is a gotcha.

Oct 1, 2019, 12:48 PM

Quite the contrary...I totally think it could be the case, and quite honestly, I think they could ignore it now even if they believe it because the think it could make them look vindictive in the election.

Expediency, power, and polling trumps (no pun intended) justice almost every single time in DC. Justice only wins when its popular.

It's not a gotcha. It's a clarification.

Oct 1, 2019, 12:59 PM

I'm trying to understand your position because it's weird to acknowledge that the Biden investigation (if you can even call it that) is completely motivated by political self-interest and to also believe that it's completely legit. To me, the fact that it's entirely politically motivated is just more proof that it's baseless.

But if we have to "both sides" this thing in order to do an impeachment inquiry, that's fine. I got plenty of popcorn and I never thought Biden would be the nominee anyway.

That’s not hard to reconcile at all.

Oct 1, 2019, 1:09 PM

if Biden was guilty of something (and I do mean “if”, the following is purely hypothetical), an investigation of him could easily result in some collateral damage, including to Republicans with Ukrainian involvement. Additionally, going after him when he’s simply an ex-VP loving the life of a retired politician makes the investigators look vindictive and is more likely to generate negative emotions from the electorate than positive ones.

I hope neither of those facts is hard to swallow. If you’re still with me then, it makes sense for the issue of said corruption to remain an “in case of emergency, break glass” sort of thing, which would only be used if potential upsides outweighed the aforementioned negatives.

Any party would do this and does do this.

Oct 1, 2019, 12:56 PM [ in reply to I’m honestly ok with Trump getting investigated over this ]

Joe does look fishy, but that isn't a defense of Trump's actions. I think that's what gets people so excited.

Biden is being used as the 'what about' argument to justify Trump's actions.

I also find it odd that people keep railing about Joe and Hunter while overlooking Ivanka, jr and Eric's continued deal making all over the world. I mean, how do you get granted so many Chinese trademarks merely days after your dad meets with the Chinese president?

I'm outraged I tell you, O-U-T raged!

;)

Oct 2, 2019, 4:35 AM

Exactly.

Oct 1, 2019, 2:41 PM [ in reply to I’m honestly ok with Trump getting investigated over this ]

You know what, Joe looks fishy as helll in all this too, let's get to the bottom of it.

I know the timing was better in Joe's case and he was officially acting as the voice of a coalition, but Joe's a (vastly) better pure politician than Trump - Trump doesn't understand politics, even slightly - and he's a lot better at making sure official policy dovetails with personal interest.

Trump just right on ahead and blatantly and in full view of the world pursues personal interest.

I'm still suspicious, myself. Those Eastern European pipelines are bad bad bad dirty oligarch-and-strongman money and anybody involved up to the ears in it like the younger Biden was isn't going to be as pure as the driven snow when it's all said and done.

If it takes Joe Biden down, it takes Joe Biden down. Oh, well. Not that it even slightly absolves Trump.

Oct 2, 2019, 4:33 AM [ in reply to I’m honestly ok with Trump getting investigated over this ]

What does one have to do with the other? Biden's son is of little interest to me. It's a non issue in the big picture for our country. Moreover, I would think the same of Trump with or without Trump's shadiness with Ukraine. I don't even want him impeached by the way. It's a waste of time. He is a dirtbag though. It just comes down to the election in 2020. He will probably win, but he is an awful human being who is terrible for the world as a whole. There are no vrocodile tears for me with Ukraine. There are no tears at all. It's just Trump. Nothing has changed.

Whoa, the smoking gun. Case closed.

Oct 1, 2019, 12:06 PM

Quick question: How can you tell what they talked about simply by looking at a picture?

it's clear they only talked about golf grandkids and yoga***

Oct 1, 2019, 7:06 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because a picture is worth a thousand words...

Oct 1, 2019, 11:22 PM [ in reply to Whoa, the smoking gun. Case closed. ]

That was too easy...

Next riddle plez

Classic misleading Fox News headline. Of course what do you expect

Oct 1, 2019, 12:47 PM

from the kings of Fake News. Joe Biden didn’t say he was “unaware” of his son’s connections. He said he didn’t speak about his son’s business dealings. This headline reads like Biden said he had no idea his son was even involved with Ukraine. Fox News = Fake News.

Well if he said he didn’t speak about it, that’s pretty much case closed...

Oct 1, 2019, 11:27 PM

No need to investigate or demand any transcripts. If we can’t take a man for his word nowadays, what kind of society are we living in!?

Huh?***

Oct 2, 2019, 2:46 AM

Learn to read. Nowhere did I say whether I believed Biden or not.

Oct 2, 2019, 7:49 AM [ in reply to Well if he said he didn’t speak about it, that’s pretty much case closed... ]

And it doesn’t matter what I believe. But the Fox headline said the photo contradicted Biden’s statement, saying that Biden claimed he had no idea (“unaware”) that his son was connected to Ukraine. However, Biden already said he knew of his son’s connections with Ukraine, he just didn’t talk with him about details with his business dealings. So he already admitted to being “aware,” while Fox is claiming he said he was unaware, and that the picture proves otherwise. So Fox is just lying to try to push a narrative (which is what they do in most of their reports).

Re: Learn to read. Nowhere did I say whether I believed Biden or not.

Oct 2, 2019, 12:00 PM

“He said he didn’t speak about his sons business dealings.”

Learn to comprehend simple sentences...especially ones you’ve written yourself ;)

My only point was, why would we take anyone’s statement at face value? The fact he said he didn’t discuss it is irrelevant.

Now, bow to your real emperor...Trip T bish. Outta my sight peon

Ok looney toon.***

Oct 2, 2019, 12:03 PM

;)***

Oct 2, 2019, 12:13 PM

Oct 2, 2019, 7:49 AM [ in reply to Well if he said he didn’t speak about it, that’s pretty much case closed... ]

And it doesn’t matter what I believe. But the Fox headline said the photo contradicted Biden’s statement, saying that Biden claimed he had no idea (“unaware”) that his son was connected to Ukraine. However, Biden already said he knew of his son’s connections with Ukraine, he just didn’t talk with him about details with his business dealings. So he already admitted to being “aware,” while Fox is claiming he said he was unaware, and that the picture proves otherwise. So Fox is just lying to try to push a narrative (which is what they do in most of their reports).

Uh oh

Oct 1, 2019, 1:17 PM

Quid Pro Joe day it ain’t so

Oct 1, 2019, 11:33 PM

Who is in the picture? Where was it taken? When was it taken?

How do we know that is a Ukranian businessman?

It might be, but context is everything.

Oct 1, 2019, 11:40 PM

Is it of any concern to you that Shoken, the corrupt prosecutor was fired for NOT investigating corruption?

Here is a photo of Ukrainians protesting said prosecutor, along with others in 2015.

Joe Biden didn't fire anyone.

Shoken, the corrupt prosecutor is the photo on the left. This was 2015, Biden didn't didn't go to Ukraine until 2016.

Hunter was meeting with them to explain fracking.

Oct 2, 2019, 11:41 AM

I'm sure it was all aboveboard. Joe is from Penn and they do a lot of fracking in Pennsylvania so of course they wanted an expert to weigh in.

I see no problem with this.

signed
Pelosi

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 38
| visibility 1,465
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic