Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm here to confess. It's ALL my FAULT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

I'm here to confess. It's ALL my FAULT

Oct 15, 2017, 8:46 PM

I have a game day ensemble. It consists of a purple shirt and orange and purple tiger stripe tie. Since I work in a furniture store, I'm at work most Saturdays. EVERY Saturday I wear my game day ensemble . . . with two notable exceptions over the last two seasons.

Last year, my purple shirt was in the hamper. I wore a white shirt and a different Clemson tie. We lost to Pitt. I'm so sorry. Actually, I seriously considered getting the shirt out of the hamper, but didn't. It was the only game we lost last season. I gave myself a pass because . . . Heydter.

This last week I was on vacation in Las Vegas. I confess, I didn't even think to pack the game day ensemble. As we sat on the tarmac in Salt Lake City on the way home, I saw Cuse had scored on their first possession. It wasn't until we landed in Charlotte that I knew we had lost.

It was then that I realized . . . OMG! The only two losses in two seasons happened when I didn't wear the purple shirt and orange and purple tiger stripe tie. IT'S ALL MY FAULT!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: I'm here to confess. It's ALL my FAULT

Oct 15, 2017, 8:54 PM

I had something to do with the loss also, I forgot to buy my lucky gummy bears that I eat when the score gets close. It was Cuse so I figured we would be ok.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, you gotta swear to mend your ways!***

Oct 15, 2017, 8:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I PROMISE

Oct 15, 2017, 8:58 PM

I swear I will NEVER not wear the game day ensemble on game day. Until I wear it and we lose and I think maybe my game day ensemble isn't what makes us win. Until then, though, I PROMISE to wear it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I PROMISE

Oct 15, 2017, 9:14 PM

Perhaps you should start a GoFundMe account for extra shirts and ties in case you miss laundry or one gets damaged.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It obviously has to be THAT shirt and tie

Oct 16, 2017, 2:33 PM

That's where the magic is

Re: It obviously has to be THAT shirt and tie

Oct 16, 2017, 3:26 PM

Hmm. I see your point. Maybe a GoFundMe account for a cleaning service to standby and remove your clothese immediately after the game, wash them and vacuum pack them in preparation for the next game. If you are so inclined, maybe dress the cleaning folks in the ole French maid outfits.

Oct 15, 2017, 8:55 PM

Confession is good for the soul.
That's not to say you are forgiven.

Oct 15, 2017, 9:05 PM

I was heading to the mountains with family and I had my favorite 20oz CLEMSON coffee mug and left on the top of the car. It broke in many pieces. I have had it for as long as dabo has been coaching at Clemson. I was very sad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks man! ; )***

Oct 15, 2017, 9:12 PM

Well I'm glad you can admit that,

Oct 15, 2017, 9:17 PM

because I was staring to think it was my fault. I didn't get to have my usual beer with me, the same I've had for every game so far, as my wife had to work the her high school homecoming football game. D@mn friday night game.

Fire Swofford!

Oct 15, 2017, 9:18 PM

I don't think one person deserves all of the blame. Someone else mentioned their culpability, and I must confess I am partially to blame. I normally wear either orange and purple shoes or orange and white shoes. I went to my wife's 30yr high school reunion Friday night and DID NOT WEAR THEM!

I think all of us must resolve to continue to appease the football gods going forward.

BA$####!!!!

Oct 15, 2017, 9:54 PM

How could you do this to Tiger fans everywhere? You assume you control all of our fateses in your hands through your wardrobe. Nothing could be closer to the truth! Pull yourself together man and man up!

By the way, I trashed the new hat I wore and feel I should have probably burned it at an alter.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

@David78 - it wasn't all your fault. I don't go to away

Oct 15, 2017, 10:01 PM

games and have a shirt that I wear when I watch at home. Also the same pair of underwear. I was out of town for the game visiting my daughter. I was wearing neither the underwear (c'mon, I was wearing underwear, just not THE underwear) and didn't even take my shirt.

It's not all on you, losing is a team effort. I was a part also.

I've already called Dabo and he is pretty PO'd and said he's probably not going to break out the chrome like I asked.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2017, 11:14 PM

Thanks, I'm glad it isn't my fault for being in the stands at my old HS during the first half. Let's just say Clemson won more games my sophomore year than my HS won the whole 4 years I was there.

Oct 15, 2017, 11:24 PM

I gave up chips and soda a week before the Auburn game, said I wouldn't have any til we lost a game, but I gave in a couple of times last week--thought there was no way we would lose to Syracuse. Well it's back to absolutely no chips and soda now (unless we lose again).

I didn’t get my lucky shirt on until 5 or 6 minutes into the game.

Oct 15, 2017, 11:27 PM

so I’m also to blame!

I must accept some of that blame pie going around also.

Oct 16, 2017, 12:19 AM

I always cook up our buffalo wings for the game. Some dry rub ingredients can change.But the two main ones Unsalted butter and Frank's Redhot for the buffalo sauce never change. Well this time I had picked up Salted butter by mistake.It was too late to go back to the store.So I figured it'd be ok, I'd just cut back on salting the wings before baking. The score says differently...And with so many "salty" posts over the weekend it truely was a bad decision on my part.

My shoes didn't work....

Oct 16, 2017, 2:34 AM

My sis gave me some Clemson Nikes after the first Natty. Have worn them every game except Pitt last year. Felt guilty for weeks about that....but I was wearing them Friday night. Need to get their magic back before GT.

First Mr. Spud buying Bi-Lo chicken instead of Bojangles and now you?!?

Oct 16, 2017, 6:24 AM

People, we need to be ALL IN ALL THE TIME!!!

One more loss this year and Dabo will get fired and move back to Alabama. Do y’all really want that?!?

~JKB

Re: First Mr. Spud buying Bi-Lo chicken instead of Bojangles and now you?!?

Oct 16, 2017, 2:38 PM

I'm focused from here on out, I promise!

It's not your fault, but I do know who is to blame

Oct 16, 2017, 6:41 AM

I have a buddy that I go in with on season tickets. We have an unbeleivable streak watching games together. However, when he goes to a game without me, esp out of town, we lose. Since 2011 he has gone to The 2011 orange bowl, The 2015 National Chamionship, and you guess it l, the Syracuse game.

I tried to tell him not go. Apparently this streak has been going on for a long, long time. He's never been to a bowl game that we've won. However we are undefeated when we go to games together out of town or even when we watch post season games together.

I should have done a better job keeping him here, I'll learn from this and get better.

Oct 16, 2017, 7:44 AM

I tore a hole in my gameday shirt at work on Friday. I was so mad I almost cried. I thought ok maybe it will be fine and I will still wear it. I was so upset we lost bc it was all my fault.
Now I don't know if I should patch it up or if I should change to another shirt... what should I do? :)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're going to have to find another magic game day shirt

Oct 16, 2017, 2:41 PM

That one is clearly broken. hth

WHEW!! I thought it was me having dinner

Oct 16, 2017, 2:34 PM

with a high-school friend, who is an Auburn grad, Friday night while watching the game. Really thought it was me when Auburn lost to LSU in an implosive manner.

Shame on you for causing our loss!

;)

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Well, after reading this it's obvious why we lost

Oct 16, 2017, 2:39 PM

Just too many of us Tickled the Dragons Tail by not sticking to our game day traditions.
It was just so much inadvertent negative energy that I'm surprised a mini black hole didn't open up and swallow every successful college football program in South East.
Gamecocks would have been safe however.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2017, 2:41 PM

You need to let Dabo know about this.

Oct 16, 2017, 2:42 PM

OH THANK GOODNESS.. I was kicking myself all weekend because our Tiger dish towels weren't hung on in the kitchen like they have been every weekend for 2 years outside of the Pitt game last year. I'm super glad it was you LOL..

Oct 16, 2017, 2:49 PM

I picked up chicken wings Friday . When we played Syracuse in the '96 Gator Bowl I had friends over and cooked wings. Before I got the wings in the house Donovan McNabb had 3 TDs. Next year I promise it will be steaks!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Way to go!

Oct 16, 2017, 3:36 PM

I hope you are proud of yourself and what you have done.

I feel so ashamed

Oct 16, 2017, 5:15 PM

Promise not to let it happen again

You don't have to worry about that, you're azs is fired!

Oct 16, 2017, 5:17 PM

We are now looking for a kicker and someone to dress properly to win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You don't have to worry about that, you're azs is fired!

Oct 16, 2017, 5:19 PM

Now I has the sad

Relax...

Oct 16, 2017, 5:32 PM

we're holding tryouts. You're not afraid of a little competition are you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2017, 5:09 PM

Thank God you confessed because I got sick and didn't go to the game. I thought it was my fault but now you accepted the blame

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, sonofa...

Oct 16, 2017, 5:11 PM

how could you do us that way? Do we not depend on you for this one little thing?

I hope all your babies are born nekkid!

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

They WERE all born nekkid

Oct 16, 2017, 5:18 PM

One of 'em even looked like me

I'll keep the little feller in my prayers.***

Oct 16, 2017, 5:33 PM

No it was my fault.

Oct 16, 2017, 5:24 PM

I put on Facebook the I guarantee Clemson would best Syracuse. I did it to irratated my wife, knowing there is no way we could lose to lowly Syracuse. My wife still blames me for the loss.

Oct 16, 2017, 5:30 PM

Just don't let happen again.

Oct 16, 2017, 9:50 PM

I need to confess that I did not have my orange visor with me at kickoff. Had to work late and didn't make it home until late 1st quarter. I did have my orange lighter (BIC) and I avoided stepping on lines in parking lots all day but it just wasn't enough. I'm also taking responsibility for the Pitt loss last year. I didn't have an orange lighter that day.
Not to worry though, I'm recharging the Mojo crystals and my voodoo will be in place for the GT game.
I would apologize directly to Dabo but I'm afraid he'd call me a nitwit and make me run laps.

I had 2 friends pop in during the game unannounced. they

Oct 16, 2017, 9:57 PM

typically never come by for Clemson games. ones a michigan fan the other Penn st. we were tied when they arrived. I have banned them both during games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was me too...

Oct 16, 2017, 10:21 PM

I always drive by the stadium on Friday afternoon on my way home from work. Whether home or away I stop at the gate at the top of the hill and just take it in for a few moments. I missed doing this for Pitt. I was getting in late Friday too. Was afraid I was going to miss the start of the game. I skipped driving by the stadium. We have to be more dedicated my friend! And to think some idiots are blaming coaches and players for our transgressions!

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic