Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm guessing this group of concerned students wouldn't
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

I'm guessing this group of concerned students wouldn't

Jan 14, 2015, 6:13 PM

mind naming the building The Mike Brown Building or The Farrakhan Facility.

The man (Tillman) was a FOUNDING TRUSTEE

Should Clemson University be dissolved for that reason?

The University sits on the ground that John C Calhoun worked his slaves on and the University was built by black convicts. Should all the buildings that make up Clemson University be destroyed? Moved?

Its likely that every Founding Trustee at Clemson had a racist history. As did many others in the south at that time. Nearly every southern university has founding fathers that were racist.

Of the many times I've been in front, or nearby, Tillman Hall, I've never once had racism come to mind. In the space of a few minutes, while reading the article about renaming Tillman Hall, racism is front and foremost in my mind.

Racism sucks. Period. Doesn't matter which direction its going, it doesn't belong in our society. But its much more now than a nasty part of our culture.

For folks like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, the liberals, and these "concerned students", racism is a tool to get in the limelight and be heard. For most of them, that's all its about. And that's the shameful part.

As long as they keep pushing to change building names, remove flags, and condemn those from a different era, regardless of justification, racism will continue to thrive.

and then, the racists win.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm guessing this group of concerned students wouldn't

Jan 14, 2015, 6:14 PM

I am tired of hearing from both sides on this.

#overreaction.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm a certified fence-sitting independent, moderate but....

Jan 14, 2015, 6:43 PM

this isn't one of those issues where two extremes are equally annoying/wrong/damaging. As cool as it makes me feel to 'meh' at other people's political concerns, this is a legit gripe.

I laugh at the whole War on Christianity notion, I can't stand either major political party and I believe most issues should be handled with moderate compromise.

But not this. Political correctness is a mass mental illness and a society destroying disease. As hyperbolic as it may sound,(Yes I realize society is already extremely flawed) it's true. It needs to be battled at every corner or we are actually going to be living in a dystopian, thought-control state like the paranoid people have been saying for decades.

The level of irrational behavior currently associated with PC culture is well beyond anything modern Christianity is guilty of. Yet group-thinking, PC agnostics still throw their stones from glass houses.

Your attitude is noticed, you know. Oh, yes, it's been noticed!***

Jan 14, 2015, 6:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

***this******

Jan 14, 2015, 6:49 PM [ in reply to I'm a certified fence-sitting independent, moderate but.... ]

I agree with all the words, even the big ones.***

Jan 14, 2015, 7:01 PM [ in reply to I'm a certified fence-sitting independent, moderate but.... ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm a certified fence-sitting independent, moderate but....

Jan 14, 2015, 7:24 PM [ in reply to I'm a certified fence-sitting independent, moderate but.... ]

Very well said sir! It is all dripping with hyperbole and that is what I also hate about both sides of any argument these days. State your case, say how you feel and leave your BIG words at home. People now feel like they must exaggerate everything to be heard over the noise of the other exaggerators. Maybe we should start a movement of anti-hyperbolists. Sorry, I made that word up.

Hmmmm...

Jan 14, 2015, 9:47 PM [ in reply to I'm a certified fence-sitting independent, moderate but.... ]

If it actually happens, are those people really "paranoid?" Anyway, I'm with you. Political correctness is completely out of control. I'm to the point where I just say #### 'em and use the words I wanna use.

GO TIGERS!!!!!

Jan 14, 2015, 7:20 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm guessing this group of concerned students wouldn't ]

A voice of reason and common sense in a virtual s..tstorm of crap.With all of the serious problems facing the world today and this is what is chosen to be righted?? Gee whiz folks pull you head out of the sphincter. Good post

Jan 14, 2015, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm guessing this group of concerned students wouldn't ]

Amen

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2015, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm guessing this group of concerned students wouldn't ]

Tigerbalm1®

Re: I'm guessing this group of concerned students wouldn't [5]
Posted: Jan 14, 2015 6:14 PM [ in reply to I'm guessing this group of concerned students wouldn't ]

I am tired of hearing from both sides on this.

#overreaction.

Best post on this board all day!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ditto brotha!***

Jan 14, 2015, 7:16 PM

Jan 14, 2015, 7:54 PM

The sad truth is that there is not a soul in power that will speak up and say the very much truthful things you stated. I completely agree and hope someone will say "IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHERE YOU ARE, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE." When I don't like a station on tv, I simply change the channel. I don't fight for the station to be taken of air.

Jan 14, 2015, 9:26 PM

Amen

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

I am a Concerned Alumni - You Concerned Students Go Drink

Jan 14, 2015, 9:08 PM

or Party or Get Laid. Take Your Ninny Activism to Some Liberal Yankee College. By Your Logic We Should Change The Name of Almost Everything Archaic on The Planet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am a Concerned Alumni - You Concerned Students Go Drink

Jan 14, 2015, 9:20 PM

GREAT POST!!!!!!!!!!!! 100% true..

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm curious to how many of those students are from out of state***

Jan 14, 2015, 10:03 PM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jan 14, 2015, 10:08 PM

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!!! make NO CHANGES

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2015, 10:10 PM

Look at their GPA or GPR !
When I was a student we had people that didn't Like Grits ! What has Changed in 50 years?

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic