Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Weekend Recruiting Insider: Webb speaks, Line of Succession in place
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

TNET: Weekend Recruiting Insider: Webb speaks, Line of Succession in place

Jul 30, 2018, 7:01 AM

Weekend Recruiting Insider: Webb speaks, Line of Succession in place

The Clemson coaching staff hosted the All In Cookout this past weekend, a weekend that saw four commitments. Clemson's continued national success, and success on the defensive line, show the Line of Succession is being put in place. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clay Webb

Jul 30, 2018, 7:41 AM

Sorry Tiger fans - I'm seeing/hearing/believing that Clay Webb (offensive line) is a shoo-in for Alabama.

Would haver loved him to come to Clemson but unfortunately we can't pull em all out of Bama. :)

Justin Ross says hi. Idiot.***

Jul 30, 2018, 7:43 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Justin Ross says hi. Idiot.***

Jul 30, 2018, 7:52 AM

dont forget vonta bentley and ray thornton. i am smelling feathers on that post.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bentley said himself that

Jul 30, 2018, 8:20 AM

Bama wasn’t showing a lot of interest and Thornton doesn’t have an Alabama offer

Not a blanket agreement

Jul 30, 2018, 8:23 AM

With the OP but not every player in AL is a guy Bama really wants just like not every kid from SC is a guy we really want.

Ross was definitely a guy that Saban wanted bad and so is Webb. I don’t think he’s a shoe-in lock to Bama at the moment but they would definitely be considered heavy favorites to land him.

Re: Justin Ross says hi. Idiot.***

Jul 30, 2018, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Justin Ross says hi. Idiot.*** ]

We WRU after all. I really hope we get Webb though on the OL. That would be such a huge get. Center is a such a huge need for us as well know. Webb would be walking into a great situation.

He may very well be but he sure got the love that we have to offer this weekend.

Jul 30, 2018, 7:55 AM [ in reply to Clay Webb ]

He’ll do great wherever he ends up but he knows what we are about now and either that’s for him or not. He’ll play on Sunday no matter what.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He may very well be but he sure got the love that we have to offer this weekend.

Jul 30, 2018, 8:54 AM

This is the right attitude to have with recruiting. I'm in sales and it's my outlook as well. If I have an opportunity to give my pitch then I'm happy. A client can make an informed decision and if what I'm selling isn't for them then that's OK. I'd rather miss on that opportunity than deal with the problems later on once they realize they made the wrong decision.

Clemson isn't for everyone (see: Josh Belk). And if a kid visits and decides to go elsewhere it saves everybody time.

Re: Clay Webb

Jul 30, 2018, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Clay Webb ]

Beat it COOT.

Trolls gonna troll...***

Jul 30, 2018, 10:31 PM [ in reply to Clay Webb ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m all for not disparaging young men but my nosy side

Jul 30, 2018, 7:53 AM

Would love to hear more about this one day:

“The lack of depth at the defensive tackle spot has forced Venables to look long and hard at the prospects on the board – the staff can’t afford another culture-miss like with Belk – and he’s picked some guys that have versatility.”

I know we all suspected if not pretty much knew it but still interesting

Read more: https://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Weekend-Recruiting-Insider-Webb-speaks-Line-of-Succession-in-place-17081#ixzz5MjoXLRK2

Message was edited by: lovingit®

Where is our Tennessee Recruit this year?

Jul 30, 2018, 8:19 AM

Recently we've had several big-named recruits from Tennessee. So far no luck in the 2019 class. Any idea if we have a shot at Trey Knox? He's the only one I really see us still pursuing in TN. Unless we were to flip someone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we are done at WR

Jul 30, 2018, 9:11 AM

Ladsen, Ngata, and Spector are our takes

I'm guessing that the major news at noon is a date and time

Jul 30, 2018, 9:15 AM

for verbal commitment.

Re: I'm guessing that the major news at noon is a date and time

Jul 30, 2018, 9:21 AM

guess again.

Re: I'm guessing that the major news at noon is a date and time

Jul 30, 2018, 9:41 AM [ in reply to I'm guessing that the major news at noon is a date and time ]

The buzz is that Booth commits to Clemson. The mystery is what will happen with Quavaris Couch. I hope he realizes that Venables will make him a first round pick one day.

Please tell us more about the "culture-miss" with Belk

Jul 30, 2018, 2:44 PM

Most of us could see through the smoke screen that was originally put out there by his high school coach, about Belk's ailing mother being the reason for the transfer (the biggest clue to me that it wasn't true reason is that Dabo, nor anyone else on the Clemson team, ever mentioned anything about a sick relative), but this is the first time I've seen it written straight out.

David, if you can, please elaborate more on what you mean by "culture-miss" with Belk? Did he just hate the Clemson area? Not like the training routine? Unhappy about depth after our stars returned instead of going to the NFL?

Re: Please tell us more about the "culture-miss" with Belk

Aug 3, 2018, 11:35 PM

I'd love to hear more on this too. So is it true as rumored that there was no illness in his family? What happened then?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic