Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Parking vs Tickets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Parking vs Tickets

Aug 4, 2016, 11:41 AM

Does anyone think it's funny/weird that Clemson gets all worked up about their parking and tailgate spots, but when there's zero movement in tickets regardless of your giving level, no one really complains?

I'm all about the atmosphere and excitement that we have in our tailgate culture, but big programs- LSU, Texas, idk Alabama's ticket system but I bet it's this way at Alabama- if you pay X amount, here's the ticket location you get. I get that we want to reward loyalty and longevity all all that vs a short term cash grab, just seems like a quirk of the Clemson Family to get all worked up about about a parking spot.

Am I totally off? What do you think?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Become a Riggs donor

Aug 4, 2016, 11:45 AM

you'll get moved...

Re: Parking vs Tickets

Aug 4, 2016, 1:23 PM

I think the big thing is trying to tailgate with/near friends. For me, I spend around 10 hours tailgating and 3 hours at the game on a typical Clemson home gameday. I like to tailgate with friends which is why I still request an area lot. We all get there around 7am and set up beside each other.

The other issue is, parking is re-assigned every year. Seats don't become available unless someone gives them up, but for parking, some first year donor can come in, drop $10k and park on Avenue of Champions. (maybe not quite, but pretty close, and you get my point). That pushes people who have donated $6k a year for 30 years down a spot and sometimes out of the lot that they've always been in. That's why you see people getting worked up about it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Parking vs Tickets

Aug 4, 2016, 1:27 PM

No place for the common man anymore. It's all about that donation level that year.

I'm gonna be honest with you 2k3, and I'm opening myself

Aug 4, 2016, 1:27 PM

up here......

a lot of the times, I don't make it into the game. If I have a client at my space, I have to entertain him/her as my first priority. I don't feel too guilty, because even if I did go in, it's not like the team could hear me yelling from behind the glass in my box.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm gonna be honest with you 2k3, and I'm opening myself

Aug 4, 2016, 1:31 PM

All jokes aside, I went into a glass booth two years ago simply because I was given tickets. I will sit outside in the ### rain before I ever go in one again. It felt like I was watching the game inside a plastic bag. The people in the booth were ###### that acted like the owned Death Valley. They owned a car dealership in Easley that I would never buy crap from by the way they acted in their booth.

At least the windows open in the booths now***

Aug 4, 2016, 1:41 PM

Aug 4, 2016, 1:36 PM [ in reply to I'm gonna be honest with you 2k3, and I'm opening myself ]

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2016, 2:28 PM [ in reply to I'm gonna be honest with you 2k3, and I'm opening myself ]

Should have ponied up for South Club

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic