Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm dissapointed in the way that some Clemson Fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

I'm dissapointed in the way that some Clemson Fans

Sep 28, 2018, 11:12 AM

Are treating Kelly Bryant right now.

Yeah I agree that the things he said to the Greenville news are immature and disappointing. He's ticked. He's hurt. Young people tend to speak before they think things through. I get it.

With that said, we're talking about a young man who has his Clemson degree, who put in the work and busted his tail for 4 years and did all the things the right way. His only charge is wanting to be a full time QB his last year of eligibility and saying some "brat-like" things to the media that wasn't even derogatory in nature.

His transferring or making knee-jerk comments doesn't and shouldn't preclude Kelly from all the things Cris Carter mentioned. When he comes back to Clemson in the future he should be treated no different than CJ or DeShaun or Tajh or any other great Tiger. Kelly is still a Clemson Man. And Clemson looks out for their own.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He quit

Sep 28, 2018, 11:15 AM

I am not judging him nor have I on here but he tucked tail and quit

With that comes noise

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm dissapointed in the way that some Clemson Fans

Sep 28, 2018, 11:18 AM

If he would have said “I need to do what is best for me but will always be a Tiger” he would have been embraced instead he took shots on the way out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2018, 11:21 AM

So saying some things out of emotion should destroy 4 years of committed hard work? Come on....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Choosing to take shots at Dabo and the program

Sep 28, 2018, 11:26 AM

on his way out tarnishes his legacy whether you like it or not. What individual boosters do is up to them, but it'd probably be best if he doesn't come back for one of those commercial break wave at the crowd spots. He'd get a mixed reaction at best.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good thing for KB is that he will have as degree from Clemson

Sep 28, 2018, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm dissapointed in the way that some Clemson Fans ]

to fall back on, which is more than the majority of the people talking about him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Sep 28, 2018, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm dissapointed in the way that some Clemson Fans ]

I think if he calms down and apologizes for some of his comments in the future, MOST people will be very understanding and forget about the whole thing.

As for me, I am not a big fan of the way he left, but don't know that I would have handled it any better at that age. He now has an opportunity to take some time to himself. From there, he can either dig his heels in the sand and stand by his comments, or admit that it was a knee jerk reaction and he should have kept his mouth shut until he could wrap his head around the whole situation.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2018, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm dissapointed in the way that some Clemson Fans ]

Should of just quit in the spring .

Sep 28, 2018, 11:19 AM

I agree with everything you said, but he did everything he was suppose to do, worked hard etc.. well he nor anyone else would have been on the team if he hadn’t done those things. That is expected of all of our players. You are suppose to do the right thing whether you are a starting qb or 3rd string de

Message was edited by: jeancooper®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Sep 28, 2018, 11:23 AM

Sure it's what they're supposed to do but they don't always. And when they do they should be praised and exemplified for it. Doing things the right way at Clemson and working hard and getting your degree and staying out of trouble shouldn't determine your playing time but it certainly should determine your future as a lifelong Tiger.

ticked & hurt are very reasonable explanations for his words

Sep 28, 2018, 11:31 AM

considering the circumstances.

BUT until he comes out and says so then how do we know he really didn't mean those words?.......just sayin

I'm all for giving him time to heal, but if there's never any "mending of fences", apologies, etc... then I'm going to assume he meant every word.

Time will tell......

Re: ticked & hurt are very reasonable explanations for his words

Sep 28, 2018, 11:35 AM

Can't really argue with that....I like to give the benefit of the doubt because of what he's given and done for Clemson.

I'm disappointed in humans

Sep 28, 2018, 11:35 AM

In general.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how do you feel about orangemen?***

Sep 28, 2018, 11:39 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: how do you feel about orangemen?***

Sep 28, 2018, 12:32 PM

I feel sorry for them for the beat down they are about to take.

Re: I'm disappointed in humans

Sep 28, 2018, 11:50 AM [ in reply to I'm disappointed in humans ]

You need a safe space and a puppy then you'll feel better.

Re: I'm disappointed in humans

Sep 28, 2018, 12:34 PM

I can be disappointed in something without needing coddling. Do not confuse me with a snowflake...

Sep 28, 2018, 11:38 AM

Unfortunately thats real life and the choices we make do have consequences. Consequences are how you learn to keep your emotions intact. Kelly is a Clemson man but chose to try and place the blame on someone else and disrespected the very people that helped bring him to this level. There are no participation trophies in real life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2018, 11:48 AM

I also think a lot of the emotional outburst may have been elevated by family and friends at a time when he was most vulnerable. People close to him may have thought the best way to help him was to blame others so he didn't blame himself. It may be comforting in the short term but you just wish someone who really cares about him would have taken a longer view and added that perspective.

I don't like the way he handled the circumstances but I can wish him the best in football and life. If he wasn't going to be able to put this behind him and put the team first, it probably is better that he move on and not be a negative influence on the team. It is just a shame that he actually could have handled this differently, still played a ton, and brought the team even closer but that's not how it played out so everyone just has to move on.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After seeing how other QBs around the country have handled

Sep 28, 2018, 12:00 PM

Similar situations, KB def deserves the heat hes been getting. No reason to give a quitter a pass.

Sep 28, 2018, 12:03 PM

No, it doesn't work that way. He chose to quit on his team. He will not be welcomed back like conquering heroes such as CJ, Tajh, etc.

Screw Calford.

Sep 28, 2018, 12:07 PM

I think, well thought out or not, what he proved was that All-In for him meant ALL-In for KellyB, not All-In for the team. He will live to regret his decision IMHO.

Sep 28, 2018, 12:15 PM

Just a thought, but I find it interesting how so many people still supported Chad Kelly after he was kicked off the team, and said that once you're a tiger, you're always a tiger. That guy threw a fit on our sidelines while yelling at coaches, and seemed to do it again with Dabo when he was told he wasn't starting. It was bad enough that a forgiving man like Dabo had enough of him and gave him the boot. He then took a shot at us a year or so later by saying LSU was the real Death Valley.

However again, from what I've seen the majority of people still viewed Kelly in a favorable light. If people can do that for Chad Kelly, then why not forgive Bryant simply because he said he didn't think he was given a fair chance, and that it felt like a slap in the face? I don't like the comments either, and I don't like that he's leaving this way. However, he's not public enemy #1 in my eyes.

Sep 28, 2018, 12:32 PM

He is entitled to his own opinion and feelings just like you. But to put it out in a news paper wasn’t a good idea at all. He said he was a team player but his actions say otherwise. When he didn’t get his way he left instead of trying to fight to get his starting spot back.

Sep 28, 2018, 2:30 PM

Ok. A snowflake is a snowflake

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic