Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Tommy Bowden on being on the coaching hot seat
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

FB Update: Tommy Bowden on being on the coaching hot seat

Oct 14, 2015, 11:04 AM

Tommy Bowden on being on the coaching hot seat

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm curious....

Oct 14, 2015, 11:11 AM

does anyone really care what Tommy Bowden says or thinks?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Probably

Oct 14, 2015, 11:13 AM

Linda.

even that is questionable***

Oct 14, 2015, 11:51 AM

Re: I'm curious....

Oct 14, 2015, 11:13 AM [ in reply to I'm curious.... ]

Maybe of Tommy Bowden had a sack down there he wouldn't have lost his job. This guy could have taken lessons from John Fox in terms of being conservative on the offensive end. Being a conservative is great in politics, but it will lose you football games. Especially when you're nursing a 2 touchdown lead at the beginning of the fourth quarter.

Clemsoning began under his watch. And now that we have Dabo, it's obvious the name should have been Bowdening.

Oct 14, 2015, 11:16 AM [ in reply to I'm curious.... ]

Who???

I like Tammy

Oct 14, 2015, 11:17 AM [ in reply to I'm curious.... ]

But I like her daughter way more. Don't care what she says, but she's fun to look at.

Outside of the staff at Tigernet?

Oct 14, 2015, 11:38 AM [ in reply to I'm curious.... ]

No.

Oct 14, 2015, 11:47 AM [ in reply to I'm curious.... ]

I like Coach Bowden...he's a outspoken, strong Christian man who always tried the best HE could. He is the one who recommended Dabo as his replacement...I talked to Tommy at a FCA meeting one year after he was let go...he said, "we got pretty close at Clemson but couldn't get over the hump....I think Dabo will be able to get over that hump that I was unable to do." The man is good to the core and loves his maker and his family. Show him some dang respect!!!

Oct 14, 2015, 12:52 PM [ in reply to I'm curious.... ]

Yes some do. No, maybe he wasn't the greatest coach. No, he's not right all the time. But, he is a good man who cared about his players. He always was a classy face for the program win or lose. He is a man of character and a Christian who wasn't afraid to show his faith in Jesus. We all must remember that without his recommendation, we probably would never have had Dabo as our coach and have had the success that we are currently enjoying......So, was Tommy the best coach? No. Is he a good man? Yes and that's why what he says is relevant.

Oct 14, 2015, 1:05 PM [ in reply to I'm curious.... ]

Not one little bit. ??

Oct 14, 2015, 1:09 PM [ in reply to I'm curious.... ]

Not really, but his last sentence was great - and true.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2015, 2:11 PM [ in reply to I'm curious.... ]

I think it's obvious that since he gets paid for his opinions and you and I or relegated to posting ours on a free forum his thoughts garner more respect... Personally I think he was a good coach at Clemson who what he could with the time and resources he had. Dano is in many ways driving the car that Tommy started restoring.

Oct 14, 2015, 2:13 PM

Dog I hate typing on a cell phone... Sorry Dabo...

Oct 14, 2015, 11:25 PM [ in reply to I'm curious.... ]

Yeah. He was good for our program.

I do, and I'm curious why you seem to dislike him so much***

Oct 15, 2015, 10:58 AM [ in reply to I'm curious.... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I support USuck in pursuing Bowden for head coach?***

Oct 14, 2015, 11:15 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I support USuck in puursuing Bowden for head coach?******

Oct 14, 2015, 7:02 PM

Re: I support USuck in puursuing Bowden for head coach?******

Oct 14, 2015, 7:03 PM

don't

Did his lip quiver while talking???***

Oct 14, 2015, 11:17 AM

But I thought Bowden "resigned" lolz***

Oct 14, 2015, 11:22 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for some good years Tommy. Thanks for saving us from

Oct 14, 2015, 11:52 AM

Tommy West and without you we wouldn't be where we are today. Good luck Sir.

Re: Thanks for some good years Tommy. Thanks for saving us from

Oct 14, 2015, 12:37 PM

I agree with your sentiment.

Remember this...

Oct 14, 2015, 6:54 PM [ in reply to Thanks for some good years Tommy. Thanks for saving us from ]

Yes, nice comments...many are too quick to forget that the losses to both Aub. and Ala., each in their national championship years were major forces in fueling Coach Bowen's departure. Especially Ala., no one gave Ala. any credit except as a mid-tier SEC team at the time...the TV commentator ridiculed Clemson constantly as inferior to SEC standards...the coach never recovered from that game.

The term Clemsoning is synonymous with Tommy Bowden.***

Oct 14, 2015, 12:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OH Tommy! USCjr calling

Oct 14, 2015, 12:11 PM

nm

Without Tommy there would be no WEZ

Oct 14, 2015, 12:55 PM

and with no WEZ there would be no Oculus so show the man some respect!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Without Tommy there would be no WEZ

Oct 16, 2015, 8:09 AM

I think you need to show Clemson supporters some respect. Whoever replaced Tommy West was going to get a WZ. We had tried to get by on the cheap far too long for that not to happen.
CTB and his buddy at UArk engineered a new contract for him that could have gone to pay an effective coach like Dabo years earlier. Instead we had the rise of the chickens to deal with for way too long.

When did a loss become a "lose"?***

Oct 14, 2015, 12:56 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

His Last Sentence

Oct 14, 2015, 1:08 PM

Is a classic. He did, in fact, reach the ejection seat. I wish him well, but we are better off for the change. Much better off!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody disagrees

Oct 15, 2015, 11:04 AM

Your obvious statement is obvious. But that doesn't mean we need to berate the guy every time his name is mentioned. He elevated the program and left us in the position to get to where we are now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nobody disagrees

Oct 15, 2015, 2:47 PM

My obvious statement isn't so obvious to some on here. TB did some good things for us, many good things, in fact, but he seemed to reach the limits of his potential. I'm very glad he was at Clemson and for the accomplishments he made, but we are on a different level now. TB couldn't take us to where we now are. He was too loyal to sub-par coaches, too stubborn in his thoughts, and too unwilling to make staff changes to get the job done. I wish him well, but I'm glad we used the ejection seat on him. I just wish we hadn't wasted so much $ on a contract extension before his exit.

Ejection Seat = Resignation?***

Oct 14, 2015, 1:20 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is 2x4tony trying to be funny?

Oct 14, 2015, 2:16 PM

"It’s the loses that seem to linger for a lot longer..."

null

Tommy = good man but not very personable. Dabo = great man with great personality.

Oct 14, 2015, 4:01 PM

Dabo also happens to be a better football coach.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

He hasn't worried about that in almost a decade.

Oct 14, 2015, 7:06 PM

I doubt that will ever be a problem for him again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their were some great times when Tommy was coaching

Oct 14, 2015, 10:39 PM

He knew his dad's every move and how to beat him and those battles were great. Tommy planted seed for Dabo to run with it and in this day and time with egos and pride not many coaches that could be the gentleman Tommy was. Tommy knew Dabo was the man for the job. He suggested it, supported it and he brought along a better man than himself.

The greatest thing a leader can do is bring along better guys than themselves. Dabo has been doing that and he will continue. The coaches that he has brought along will be successful at Clemson or/and elsewhere.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Their were some great times when Tommy was coaching

Oct 14, 2015, 11:03 PM

I agree - I love Dabo and where our program is at. But seriously, I don't understand this Bowden hate. He elevated our program and did it by recruiting just some top notch guys, a trend that continues today. And I was just a teenager/early 20's kid during the TB years, but they were fun - I guess because it was a roller coaster of not knowing what to expect. Honestly though - I'd still have to classify the 03-04 Peach Bowl (UT) as maybe the most fun game I've ever been to. And let's not forget some epic sc straight up beat downs. I'm really surprised some of you feel like you do about TB.

Re: FB Update: Tommy Bowden on being on the coaching hot seat

Oct 14, 2015, 11:17 PM

I still contend that Bowden brought the program far above from where it was. Having said that, he didn't have current day stellar recruits. But most importantly he created"Clemsoning" by not putting the better players on the field when he had them at his disposal.

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic