Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm back with some decent news....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

I'm back with some decent news....

Aug 14, 2017, 4:47 AM

Ol' 71PR here.

i had my third dose of chemo this morning. Didn't taste--goes through a BARD Hard Port above my collarbone anyway-- like the cake TigerPaw13 deserves for his birthday today, but I'll take mine for sure.

i saw my oncologist this morning before I got my treatment. My blood levels were very good, even with a so-slightly elevated white cell count. BP was great. He thinks the fluid level in my left lung(plureal) sac is less. That means the chemo may be treating the tumor positively. Appetite is very good--I "axillay" gained 3 pounds since last treatment. Most importantly, my attitude is very positive going forward. Who knows what the good LORD has in store for me to do.

His thoughts are to wait on testing(MRI, PET scans) until this first round of six treatments are completed to have a good grasp on how it really is. He told Sandy and I that the tumor may appear to be larger because the chemo is attacking it and there might be some inflammation/swelling of it which would by image be a false indication of what is really going on.

We had a great week at the PGA last week. I saw Tiger Nation well represented all week and I made an effort to tell many "Go Tigers!!!" when I saw them. Thank goodness the assignment I had been given last July required a golf cart to cover the areas given me. Otherwise, I'd still be working last Monday's detail today....

I really want to thank all of you for your prayers, positive thoughts, and words of encouragement to us since we have begun this battle. Many people do not realize that others do take a few moments of time to remember what you are going through. That thought really translates into a prayer for that person. I can tell you that really has helped this older guy many times the past two and a half months...

My North Carolina State Highway Patrol, Retired Brother-in-law always said there are four forms of communication in NC: Telephone, Telegraph, Tell-a-Trooper, and Tell-a Woman.

I can safely add a fifth--Tell a Wells Fargo Marshall Volunteer.

So many people at the PGA I have worked with at the Wells Fargo Championship had been told what we are dealing with. When asked, this gave me a brief opportunity to tell them we are battling this, we are proceeding positively, my Mind is Right(thank you Cool Hand Luke), we've got a great plan for this, and most importantly the Good LORD, the Great Physician, is on our side.

It also gave me a chance to convey to others in a positive manner what we are facing when asked "Are you having a good day?" I have a great opportunity to show others that you can face adversity with a good mindset, humor, a smile, a hug, a "thank you", and spending a couple of minutes to hear how good things can come from previously-conceived bad news.

I read up on what all the Tigers have done recently in Fall Camp. I am supremely confident our Tigers WILL show up EVERY game beginning wit Kent State on September 2, 2017. We must rally once again behing each and every Son of Clemson that takes the field these "Seven Glorious Saturdays in the Fall of 2017".

Go Tigers, and God Bless EACH and EVERY ONE of YOU.

Ron W., 71PR

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the update 71pr

Aug 14, 2017, 4:49 PM

We're pulling for you!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Great news! Keep fighting & we'll keep heaping on prayers!***

Aug 14, 2017, 4:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm back with some decent news....

Aug 14, 2017, 4:54 PM

That is excellent!!!

Prayers continue Brother! Stay Strong!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is excellent!!!

Aug 14, 2017, 4:56 PM

Five star attitude will give you 5 star results. Tiger Nation has your back 71pr....pulling hard for you!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep fighting the good fight, friend.

Aug 14, 2017, 5:17 PM

We're praying for you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Aug 14, 2017, 5:36 PM

Sounds very encouraging. Keep fighting Tiger!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2017, 5:48 PM

That's good news. Prayers for your continued improvement and healing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2017, 6:07 PM

I've been wondering about you brother. Good to hear from you. Still praying for you. God Bless.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2017, 6:31 PM

May the Good Lord Bless you and your family.Keep up the fight.

Aug 14, 2017, 7:12 PM

Well Praise God! Jesus is greater!

Aug 14, 2017, 8:02 PM

Tiger Up 71PR! ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2017, 8:06 PM

you truly are a blessing to others with a faith that moves mountains and a Christ like attitude.Praying for you

You're an inspiration, keep fighting***

Aug 14, 2017, 8:45 PM

Aug 14, 2017, 9:04 PM

Ron ..... what a great attitude. As your spirits need uplifting, you are uplifting the the spirits of others, like me. My wife and I have been going through a challenging summer and I can relate to what it means to have people pulling for and playing for you. I wish you the best for you and your family and you will be in my prayers.

Aug 14, 2017, 9:08 PM

Prayers and best of luck. Finished my radiation Wednesday.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Aug 14, 2017, 11:48 PM

Fight Tiger fight!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2017, 11:51 PM

Praying for you.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1