Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm always baffled by...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 2,902

I'm always baffled by...

Oct 2, 2017, 11:08 PM

I'm always baffled by sports pundits and fans that utter the words (example) "What happened to Tennessee, or Miami, etc" "They used to be amazing."

Well, we took their recruits. Football follows the economic laws of supply and demand. There's only so many amazing athletes. Clemson has them; other teams go without.

At the moment, I like economics. How about you?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm always baffled by...

Oct 3, 2017, 5:50 AM

It starts with Dabo's personality that makes a player want to be coached by Clemson. Add in that he has done a jam up job hiring coaches and building a world class program, and you windup being very attractive to recruits. It also helps that Dabo lets the younger players play, rather than running up the score. What high school recruit would not want to be a Tiger? Next time you see Clemson putting in the 2nd and 3rd string freshmen into a game which results in a 14 point win vs a 24 point win, remember talented seniors in high school see this and know signing at clemson will allow them to play as freshmen. As many games are being Nationally televised, recruiting will only get better. Can you say DYNASTY!!!!

Oct 3, 2017, 8:07 AM

It has been a few years ago (during Fulmer's tenure at UT) that I would go to the Shrine Bowl and hear name after name called as going to UT, UGA, Auburn, etc. I didn't hear that many last year. Maybe just the ones that CLEMSON were not recruiting. Times - they are a changin'.

Oct 3, 2017, 8:16 AM

I agree. I remember when TN was going good - they came into SC for lots of recruits. Now we're paying them back. Richt has Miami moving in the right direction.

Replies: 3
| visibility 2,902
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic