Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm Impressed by Alvin Kamara (Top Running Back Recruit)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

I'm Impressed by Alvin Kamara (Top Running Back Recruit)

Jul 12, 2012, 2:48 AM

This man can run the football hard. His legs never stop churning. Better than all other running back recuits in my opinion. Watch this and tell me what you think of him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJCtYmuU8Fk

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm Impressed by Alvin Kamara (Top Running Back Recruit)

Jul 12, 2012, 3:34 AM

Would Love to see us land this guy, Kamara looks like a Solid back with very good speed and also he fights hard on up the Middle, Inside the tackles running. Seems like he hits the whole hard when he finds it and when he gets running down the sideline he makes guys miss. I especially like the part of the clip around 1:50 something where he just lowers his head and takes on the guy and hits him hard. Hope he chooses Clemson because he will never regret it.

Go Tigers!

Jul 12, 2012, 3:39 AM

Hits the Hole* my bad

Jul 12, 2012, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm Impressed by Alvin Kamara (Top Running Back Recruit) ]

He's such a complete back. He doesn't have the size of green or dye but yet he runs over people bigger than both of them. He's got elusiveness, but never shys away from contact. I love the way he lowers in head and plows through the hole. I think he's the running back we should be recruiting the hardest.

I really like him!

Jul 12, 2012, 3:56 AM

But he won't see the field much. We have Zach Brooks, Gallman, and a couple of Scat Backs coming in the 14 class. The need is a bruiser. Green is the man.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

much rather have this

Jul 12, 2012, 4:13 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUC-Mu6Lswg

you're crazy

Jul 12, 2012, 9:56 AM

He would totally see the field. Probably more so that those guys. He would serve the exact same role that bellamy would have.

Re: much rather have this

Jul 12, 2012, 8:52 PM [ in reply to much rather have this ]

At 2:40 it looks like they're playing a middle school...

Re: I really like him!

Jul 12, 2012, 8:23 PM [ in reply to I really like him! ]

I think he would play fairly soon. Andre graduates, I think he has the talent to over compete Mcdowell and Brooks. Him and DJ could make an amazing 1-2 punch. With RN at fullback haha

Jul 12, 2012, 5:02 AM

He's a nice hard runner. You ain't gonna arm tackle him. I'd be happy if he picked us.

I'd have to say (1) Tyshon Dye (2) Derrick Green (3) Kamara

Jul 12, 2012, 7:21 AM

Green's got good up the gut instincts but not alot of juke and drive. If we know anything it's that our O-lines usually don't open up 10 foot holes so we gotta have a guy that can move laterally. The Dye kid just seems to be the whole package on film.

Would be great to land any of those three

Jul 12, 2012, 7:25 AM

watch any of the videos and they are all very impressive, but agree that at the moment I might be most impressed with Dye
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaV7quhvXiU&feature=related

I would have to say that....

Jul 12, 2012, 7:48 AM

I like whichever ones film I am watching at the time. Kamara, Dye, Green, they are all good. But one thing is for sure. The running backs are drying up, quick. Must get one of these guys locked down. Don't want to be like last year losing out on everyone at the very end.

Re: I'd have to say (1) Tyshon Dye (2) Derrick Green (3) Kamara

Jul 12, 2012, 7:42 AM [ in reply to I'd have to say (1) Tyshon Dye (2) Derrick Green (3) Kamara ]

You and I are on the same page with Dye. Out of the 3, Dye 1st, Green 2nd, and Kamara 3d. And I just looked up and saw that we had them the exact same. But anyway, if we can only have one of them, I'll take Dye.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would respectfully disagree

Jul 12, 2012, 8:03 AM

I have to say I think Green is the back we need. He is a speed power back and we need one. He might not have the juke moves that a scat back would have like Dye but we have been recruiting lighting and Green would give us Thunder. I am only 22 but I miss the days of watching Merriweather running over or through the D. This is my own opinion but I have good news for you Dye fans. I believe Dye will sign with us before Green does. He has narrowed it between Auburn and Clemson... we all know which one of those is on the up and which one isn't!

I agree with you

Jul 12, 2012, 8:23 AM

Green is a big back and to me is the best RB recruit, although I wouldn't be complaining if Kamara,Dye, or Mizzell committed.

Re: I would respectfully disagree

Jul 12, 2012, 8:25 PM [ in reply to I would respectfully disagree ]

It's interesting that you compare Merriweather to Green, because he was a much closer comparison to Kamara coming out of high school. He was like 5'-9" 190lbs or so and built mass in the time he was here.

I'll Be happy with either 3. But as of now, Green favors

Jul 12, 2012, 8:53 AM [ in reply to I'd have to say (1) Tyshon Dye (2) Derrick Green (3) Kamara ]

Clemson, Dye favors Auburn, and Kamara favors Jawja.

Re: I'll Be happy with either 3. But as of now, Green favors

Jul 12, 2012, 8:43 PM

Where did you read that Dye favors Auburn? Last I heard we were both tied.

Re: I'll Be happy with either 3. But as of now, Green favors

Jul 12, 2012, 8:53 PM

Yeah foreal, I've seen articles that say we lead for him. and Kamara doesn't favor georgia, Georgia commits from the opening were pitching to him but He said in an interview that Clemson and Georgia both Present opportunity. Crowell gone, Bellamy ineligible.

Clemson 247 breaks it down better than anybody in my opinion

Jul 13, 2012, 8:26 AM [ in reply to Re: I'll Be happy with either 3. But as of now, Green favors ]

They go from Favorite, Warmer, Warm, and Cool. As of now, Derrick Green has only one team warm. That's Clemson. Tyshon Dye, has Auburn at Warmer, and Clemson at Warm. Alvin Kamara has UGAly at favorite, and Clemson and Alabama at Warm.

Re: Clemson 247 breaks it down better than anybody in my opinion

Jul 13, 2012, 8:31 AM

Also Taquan Mizzell has UVA at warmer, and Clemson and West Virginia at warm.

Re: Clemson 247 breaks it down better than anybody in my opinion

Jul 14, 2012, 12:10 AM [ in reply to Clemson 247 breaks it down better than anybody in my opinion ]

There's no way Kamara has UGA as his favorite. He said in an interview that he favored no one school.

Re: I'd have to say (1) Tyshon Dye (2) Derrick Green (3) Kamara

Jul 12, 2012, 8:28 PM [ in reply to I'd have to say (1) Tyshon Dye (2) Derrick Green (3) Kamara ]

I see what you mean, but Dye reminds me alot of Jamie harper. He has great potential but it will take a year or 2 to develop. I see Kamara as ready to compete at top level very quickly.

I gots to agree. I recently watch highlight videos of all 3

Jul 12, 2012, 9:02 AM

Kamara is better than Dye and Green. Although, Green and Kamara are completely different backs.

Kamara looks just like a younger version of Trent Richardson. Pure BEAST.

Green is way tooooo fast for his size! That's a good thing. But in his highlight videos, I didn't see him agressively lower his head and level an opponent. I saw MULTIPLE times on Kamaras video him putting his head down and running 5 yards THROUGH a defender! Awesome!

Re: I gots to agree. I recently watch highlight videos of all 3

Jul 12, 2012, 9:09 AM

true, but running through a hs defender and a college one may be two different things. We get at least one of those 3 it will be a success reguardless of which one.

Yeah, I wasn't disagreeing with that...

Jul 12, 2012, 9:14 AM

Clearly any one of those three backs will be studs at Clemson BUT...

I didn't see DYE running through the middle. Maybe I didn't watch enough film but I constantly saw him on end arounds...that doesn't work in college the same way it does in HS and there's a reason for that.

Green is huge and fast. Freakishly fast for his size...but I didn't like the lack of agression. I look for the little things. It doesn't matter if you are 250lbs and run a 4.3 flat if you are soft like a pillow. (And I'm not saying that Green is im just making a point). Either way, when Green committs to Clemson, he will be a 3 year starter. He will likely start his freshman season like Isaih Crowell did at UGA.

Kamara looked the most impressive to me. He looked like a good balance of speed, athleticism, and POWER. He was head hunting. He was also hitting players that were bigger than him. I saw him run 5 yards through a linebacker...Does that always translate to college? Of course not, but it does look like a good indication in my opinion.

He has recently become my favorite back in this years cycle.

1. Kamara, 2. Green (very close), 3. Dye/Mizzell

Re: Yeah, I wasn't disagreeing with that...

Jul 12, 2012, 8:57 PM

Can you point me to what you're watching that you are seeing Green as freakishly fast? I know Rivals lists him as a 4.3 forty and ESPN a 4.4 forty, but I just don't see it in the videos. he has a good quick burst (not as quick as Kamara though IMO), but his top end speed doesn't seem all that fast.

Re: I gots to agree. I recently watch highlight videos of all 3

Jul 12, 2012, 8:35 PM [ in reply to I gots to agree. I recently watch highlight videos of all 3 ]

Exactly man, he is a beast. Similar to Trent at this stage but more after he adds some muscle, he will be extremely difficult to arm tackle. One thing I love about him is that he never fumbles the ball, I just hope that transfers over to college. Bellamy had a hard time holding on the ball. I know that's one thing that kills us is turnovers.

Jul 12, 2012, 9:03 PM

Does Dye have a younger brother that is going to be a highly rated prospect? Cornerback, I think. Adds another dimension to the consideration.

Jul 12, 2012, 9:08 PM

Yeah his brother is Marquice Dye, CB 2014. He might be highly ranked, but he has 2 more years of high school ball to play.

Any of the 3 will do

Jul 14, 2012, 12:50 AM

but to the coaches green is the top recruit...we seem to have our best shot with dye

Jul 14, 2012, 10:02 AM

He looks good in these highlights, but it's hard to tell if the defenders are poor tacklers or he is an elusive running back.

Probably a combination of both...

Jul 14, 2012, 2:09 PM

Some may have been poor tacklers, but the HS talent level in georgia is very high. I think Alvin is more powerful than elusive, he doesn't avoid contact, he plows through it and runs people over.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic