Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Im 100% sure Watson plays vs SCAR
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Im 100% sure Watson plays vs SCAR

Nov 18, 2014, 6:14 AM

Last night I watched the that drive he got hurt on and then watching him walk to lockeroom and etc. And he looked fine. You don't just walk of with a tear. And you limp off with a sprain. He walked perfect. I expect him to be running by Thursday. He busted didn't look hurt. Still have hard time seeing how he could of got hurt. He was favoring his hand on that drive though. I did catch that. But I don't believe he is what you call "Hurt" .

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Im 100% sure Watson plays vs SCAR

Nov 18, 2014, 6:23 AM

I skated vert as a teenager in the late 80's , have torn and sprained ligaments in both of my ankles and knees and I can unequivocally agree with you here , you ain't " walkin' off " a torn ligament. Sprains are variable though...and you have to take into account the adrenalin factor which will make you a 20 minute marvel of medicine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 18, 2014, 6:33 AM

I play basketball. I sprained my LCL Grade 2 in 2012. My Soph. Year in college. Im 6,1" 210. When I injured it I couldn't walk for a week. And it still hurts to this day. But pained lingered for 6 months.

Nov 18, 2014, 6:36 AM

You need to toughen up.??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2014, 6:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Im 100% sure Watson plays vs SCAR ]

So if he was fine then why did he not come out of the locker room at any point on Saturday? This post is made in 100% desperation. Even if DW plays, and I hope he will, he won't be 100% and only one hard hit away from being injured again.

Nov 18, 2014, 6:35 AM

I honestly think its because he is soft…. Re watch it. He walking faster than trainer when going to locker room.

b/c LCL effects side movements not straight forward movement

Nov 18, 2014, 8:27 AM

thus the LAteral Collateral Ligament...lateral movement is the problem. Check the RG3 story out and you'll see what coming back too early will do for you.... he was out for a year and a half with LCL and ACL tear...which is what will happen to DW if you play him. You mortgage the future. I see D it up and give Schuessler the rock and let him go... I think we can do it if the Defense can force some turnovers. It'll be an awesome way to end the streak with our 3rd String QB winning...whom i think is better than Cole anyways...he just doesn't get the nod b/c Cole has been in the offense for 4-5 years.

Nov 18, 2014, 6:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Im 100% sure Watson plays vs SCAR ]

I smell Cootie tang.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 18, 2014, 6:38 AM

Smell it all u want. Im a die hard Tiger till I die. I call it like I see it.

Nov 18, 2014, 6:41 AM

SuperCross I was referring to the NWA front man , but you seem awful defensive all the sudden.

DB23

Not tang...

Nov 18, 2014, 6:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Im 100% sure Watson plays vs SCAR ]

'TAINT !!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2014, 6:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Im 100% sure Watson plays vs SCAR ]

Im different than most Tiger fans and alumni I think. I hope we do not play Deshaun again this season. I think if we do the risk is too great and we should get him healthy 100% for spring practices.
Our defense is good enough to beat the chickens in my opinion , and we should have little problem moving the ball and scoring on their version of a college football defense.
#saveDW

DB23

I think stout can handle it. Its a home game as well. Our D is better than anything they have to offer.

I don't think Stoudt plays it'll be Schuessler..don't know

Nov 18, 2014, 8:32 AM

how you can play cole in that game and win. Start Schuessler this week and if he just flat out sucks against Georgia St. then play stoudt in a last ditch effort.

Nov 18, 2014, 7:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Im 100% sure Watson plays vs SCAR ]

Our defense maybe good enough to beat the chickens,but
their offense is averaging about 34 points a game.
Do you seriously think we can score 34 defensive points?
Oh,and as far as moving the ball on their defense,I seem to recall a couple of games where we had trouble moving the ball on defenses worse than theirs.

have we played a D worst than theirs?

Nov 18, 2014, 8:05 AM

BC and Louisville were Top 10, Wake was I think around 40 even with the country's worst offense which had to mess with their D #s. Syracuse was around 40 I believe. GT?

And if they avg 34 then they aren't getting 34 against our D. If GT could only muster 28 against our guys with 2 pick 6's and more points off TOs at home, how are you thinking the Coots who don't run a gimmick O is going to get near their avg.

whose defense has been better than ours?

Nov 18, 2014, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Im 100% sure Watson plays vs SCAR ]

Clemson is a top 10 defense nationally... offensively we are horrible. we scored 3 pts in the final 3.5 qtrs against GT. You play schuessler without hesitation. If Cole hasn't learned how to look off DB's yet he never will. Don't knwo if Schuessler can or not but we know what Cole can/can't do.

Nov 18, 2014, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Im 100% sure Watson plays vs SCAR ]

I think it should now be said that an LCL is different with everyone , and has 3 different levels of severity.
Oh I forgot , it has already been mentioned eleventy million times on this here site.

DB23

Nov 18, 2014, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Im 100% sure Watson plays vs SCAR ]

Yep. Me too. This thread is ripe with it. They are try to convince themselves DW's NOT playing more than we want him to play. The coaching staff needs to go SILENT where DW is concerned all the way until kickoff with the coots. I've never seen a team so scared of a freshman like USuCk is of DW.

Watson first went to the CU lockerroom

Nov 18, 2014, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Im 100% sure Watson plays vs SCAR ]

and then was transported to the other side of the stadium to GT's lockerroom for further testing. They were kind of busy doing tests and putting ice on his knee especially since at first they believed it was a torn ACL.

Nov 18, 2014, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Im 100% sure Watson plays vs SCAR ]

Duh!!!!! They needed to give him an MRI which they are not equipped to do in the locker room! Are you that F-ing stupid COOT?!!! Been a nice 5 weeks with you back in your hole, please consider crawling back!!!!

I tore my ACL then ran a marathon the next day.

He'll be fine.

did you have 300 lbs dudes diving at you knees as well?

Nov 18, 2014, 8:22 AM

settle down hero, apples to oranges. he's not playing in that game.

I foresee a meltdown of epic proportions on Tigernet when we all get the word that Dabo meant the bowl game not 2 weeks for SCAR. You can't cut on a knee with a screwy LCL. It will put too much pressure on his other knee and could possibly blow it out, plus it'll be cold, plus it ain't worth it. I'd rather be in the college football playoff in a yr or two yrs than possibly beat a unheralded team/rival just to end a streak. In all honesty if freakin Cole was worth a crap we should have redshirted DW like they did Jameis and his body would have been ready for college football. He wasn't ready physically.

you calling his wife a dude?

Nov 18, 2014, 8:24 AM

not nice

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: did you have 300 lbs dudes diving at you knees as well?

Nov 18, 2014, 9:01 AM [ in reply to did you have 300 lbs dudes diving at you knees as well? ]

LMAO

I was just kidding, nobody could do run a marathon after

Nov 18, 2014, 9:43 AM [ in reply to did you have 300 lbs dudes diving at you knees as well? ]

tearing your ACL. I was just kind of poking a little fun at those here comparing their situations to Watson's.

Nov 18, 2014, 7:46 AM

This bothers me more ; We pay Morris 1.3 mil. a year to oversee an offense that has produced only 7 TD's in the last five Games --- four of them against lowly Wake Forest ! We Are NOT a good Football Team right now. If we continue on this path , the SC game could be ugly .

Correction. We are not a good offense right now***

Nov 18, 2014, 9:02 AM

Speaking from direct first hand experience....

Nov 18, 2014, 7:47 AM

a sprained LCL, even a Level 1 sprain, hurts like a sonofab!tch and until you have the injury properly diagnosed and rule out an ACL or an MCL injury, you do not attempt to play on it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Watch it again.

Nov 18, 2014, 7:54 AM

He put all his weight on that knee which landed on a upturned cleat belonging to the blocker in front of him. Of course he's day to day with a knee that went through that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dr. Supercross get away from the emrgency room stat!!

Nov 18, 2014, 8:26 AM

Just put some dirt on it, its fine...

Don't worry Mrs. Kennedy, its only a flesh wound....***

Nov 18, 2014, 8:28 AM

Nov 18, 2014, 8:34 AM

If he played vs gt we'd have won last night. It was obvious. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2014, 9:33 AM

Todd Gurley walked off the field Saturday.

His wincing on the sideline was from the Pick 6, not pain.

Nov 18, 2014, 10:19 AM

Can you imagine driving the team down the field with ease then watching that crap? I'd cry too.

Nov 18, 2014, 10:22 AM

IF the doctors say hes good to play then I see no reason for him not to

Nov 18, 2014, 10:35 AM

" You don't just walk of with a tear. And you limp off with a sprain. He walked perfect."

Gurley walked off the field "perfectly" on Saturday too.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic