Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: TigerNet Talk: A Debate for the Ages
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: TigerNet Talk: A Debate for the Ages

Apr 18, 2013, 10:53 PM

TigerNet Talk: A Debate for the Ages

A discussion with Clemson fans as to the depth of their hatred for Gamecock Nation leads to an interesting debate. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: TigerNet Talk: A Debate for the Ages

Apr 19, 2013, 5:54 AM

No I'm not willing to give up our NC for any coot at any cost. Just hire Tonya Harding to pay the coot QB a visit to keep them from winning a NC sounds about right though... I have disliked the coots all my life. But the dislike turned to hate days after I moved to cootlumbia in 1991. Dislike quickly turned into utter hate, and it grows more every year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2013, 7:51 AM

Sports should not be about hate. Nor anything else for that matter. I would be just as happy to never play the gamecocks again in any sport and let each program move on. I have been able to live a wonderful life and rarely think of the gamecocks or anything else related to hate.

Not even up for debate.

Apr 19, 2013, 8:38 AM

I hate the gameocks with all of my heart. but i'm not giving up our Glory to prevent theirs. If they rightfully earned it then so be it. I would hate to see it but why would we want to give ours up and then we too would be in the zero club. A debate not worth having. Bc either way we would be in the same situation as them.

The bigger question posed during the show is, "Would you be

Apr 19, 2013, 9:43 AM

willing to go "Alabama-Auburn" on the series? Over the next 4 years, would you be happy to win 3 more national titles if the stipulation was that South Carolina would win one?"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's just be the best CLEMSON we can be.

Apr 19, 2013, 10:11 AM

Heck with the hypotheticals that are way beyond reality and out of our control.

GO TIGERRRRRRRRS!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2013, 10:36 AM

this is not a debate for the ages! I would settle for a victory over sc. keep in mind that sc beat clemson on clemson's field with their second string qb and their back up rb. keep in mind that clemson showed tough defense in only one game last season. don't start talking about national championships until you get a defense to go with your special offense. clemson scored 39 points against fl st and didn't win. championship teams don't give up 39 points and lose. Do you think that sc has given clemson fans an inferiority complex the last few years? better to keep your mouth shut and settle it on the field. the reality of the situation is that both teams are really good. sc is more balanced.

I guess I should have said, A Debate for the "Ages" -

Apr 19, 2013, 10:46 AM

I gather that most who can remember the 1981 title game are going to have a different feeling from those of us who were to young to remember it or were not born.

At least I was alive for the event. Sadly I can't remember it as I was only 3.

I couldn't that so many wouldn't take the 3 for 1 deal either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2013, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: TigerNet Talk: A Debate for the Ages ]

LSU says Hello, gamecock!

I'll tell you what, when we went up 28-14 on FSU we should

Apr 19, 2013, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: TigerNet Talk: A Debate for the Ages ]

have closed that thing down. Ellington's touchdown came with 10:40 on the clock I think in the 3rd quarter. I agree Championship teams don't lose those games.

Re: I'll tell you what, when we went up 28-14 on FSU we should

Apr 19, 2013, 12:02 PM

Championship teams learn from those experiences also if they are well coached. Clemson would not have lost to FSU later in the year.

Re: I'll tell you what, when we went up 28-14 on FSU we should

Apr 19, 2013, 12:51 PM [ in reply to I'll tell you what, when we went up 28-14 on FSU we should ]

this is our problem in all 3 major sports!! when we should really play we quit!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't say we quit. When FSU made big plays we didn't

Apr 20, 2013, 11:29 AM

Respond well. But I thought we fought hard to try and regain momentum.

I wouldn't give up our NC in order to Cock-block***

Apr 19, 2013, 2:48 PM

I dont want the Gameclucks

Apr 19, 2013, 3:47 PM

To win anything!! Ever!!

Debate settled!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The gamecocks mean nothing to me , never have and never

Apr 19, 2013, 5:42 PM

will.

I am a son of Dear Old Clemson

Jun 20, 2013, 11:29 AM

The COOTS are terrible losers...and worse winners...I say kickem when they are down and keepem down...

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic