Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'll say it again .... and that Devoe fellow ....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,320

I'll say it again .... and that Devoe fellow ....

Mar 3, 2015, 11:32 PM

This team needs to nothing but practice making shots ... that's it ... no gimmicks ... just practice making shots ... Devoe ? Everybody watch Devoe, he knows how to put the ball in the basket ... Coach BB better kiss his behind ... he is one of the few who knows how to put the ball in the basket ... perhaps he can be a player/coach ?...

X and O's are fine, but it does you no good if fundamentally you can't put the ball in the basket when its your turn to do so.... AGAIN PRACTICE MAKING SHOTS 75% of the time during practice.

Awesome D is good ... but I get the impression this where the team spends most of their practice time on, when the opposite is true, practice your offense, which means practicing putting the ball in the basket.

This is not Rocket Science

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll say it again .... and that Devoe fellow ....

Mar 3, 2015, 11:36 PM

No it is not rocket science that is why he was recruited.

But Gabe has shown none of that until this game. He has often looked lost during games.
GREAT FOR HIM. Great for Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2015, 11:40 PM

Yeah because he's so worried about our precious defense. The kid is a scorer, let him score. This is not football where defense wins championships and this is not Hoosiers and Brad Brownell is not Gene Hackman. Score the #### ball. Maybe if we were entertaining, some of those old-timers around the court might wake up and cheer a little bit. At least Purnell's teams were fun to watch.

Mar 3, 2015, 11:46 PM

I agree-this team has battled hard this season and overachieved (IMHO) but their scoring droughts leave ya very frustrated!

Mar 4, 2015, 7:48 AM [ in reply to Re: I'll say it again .... and that Devoe fellow .... ]

I'm guessing that the people saying Devoe is a scorer and puts the ball in the basket and let him play haven't watched the whole season. He started the season shooting 1-20

The Pox On Having A Great Defense !

Mar 3, 2015, 11:53 PM [ in reply to Re: I'll say it again .... and that Devoe fellow .... ]

I will trade having a consistent scoring team for a "ok" defense anytime ... If you argue with Math you will lose !

Let's use a simple example ... if your team has a great D, and on average you hold the opponent to an average of 60 a game ... yet your own offense is so weak, that you struggle to make 60 even against teams with an "ok" D, on average, you will lose !

We spend Waaaaaaaaaay to much time on "D", practice the dang shots

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Pox On Having A Great Defense !

Mar 4, 2015, 6:18 AM

OhWiseOne, well, let's use the opposite scenario but the same words you used. "If you have a poor D and only hold opponents to about 80 points but have a good O and can score consistently 75, you are going to lose! Remember what you said, "You can't argue with math". I would think a combination of both is the correct answer to winning.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2015, 6:33 AM

Do you really think these guys aren't practicing shooting? Devoe finally hit some shots that we have been hoping he was going to hit all year. Without a good defense, the way we hit last night, we would have lost by 50. We couldn't throw a basketball in the ocean last night but I wouldn't think it was because we aren't shooting in practice.

Trust me, every college basketball team practices shooting

Mar 4, 2015, 7:18 AM

A ton during every practice.

Some guys are just better shooters than others.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,320
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic