Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'll just bet you when the first playoff polls come out we
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,314

I'll just bet you when the first playoff polls come out we

Oct 29, 2019, 1:48 PM

are #2, go ahead and write that in your book.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In pencil or pen ?***

Oct 29, 2019, 1:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll just bet you when the first playoff polls come out we

Oct 29, 2019, 2:17 PM

Could be #1. I don't think the bias toward the SEC and ohio st will be as strong with the committee as it is in the media.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually, dw, I was just thinking the same or

Oct 29, 2019, 2:22 PM

even as Total Tee says, #1.

Oct 29, 2019, 2:57 PM

I could definitely see that. I think LSU will be #1. The next 3 are a toss-up to me. OSU may get #2 based on eye test.

My guess would be
1. LSU
2. Ohio St.
3. Clemson
4. Bama
5. Penn St.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2019, 4:24 PM

I agree with your top 5.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We'll be 3rd or 4th, and I'm ok with that!***

Oct 29, 2019, 4:35 PM [ in reply to Re: I'll just bet you when the first playoff polls come out we ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2019, 4:52 PM [ in reply to Re: I'll just bet you when the first playoff polls come out we ]

So if we accept your top 5 and if it remains unchanged until playoffs what does that mean for who we play where?

It wasnt until this post that I began wondering what it is the media might be doing about trying to throw shade at us. I think it is entirely reasonable they would be working to avoid another Clemson Bama championship game. Doing so could promote someone's sense of equity and offers the hope of increasing interest and confidence in the playoff system. Those of us old enough to remember enjoyed the Steelers/Cowboys Super Bowl series (nostalgically) but I can imagine the powers that be being concerned for the playoff system if it continues to be Clemson/Bama for another couple of seasons.

Oct 29, 2019, 6:17 PM

I don't think the committee cares. I think they do their best to find the best 4 teams, and then put them in the order they believe the teams have earned based on the season results.

I know many people think we keep getting the short end of the stick with opponent/location/whatever. I don't really see it that way, that's just how it played out. Either way, as Dabo says, we'll play anywhere, anytime, as long as we're given an opportunity. I really hope we somehow end up in Atl (I don't think I'll be able to make it to Az), but as long as we make it to NoLa, I'll be happy.

Oct 29, 2019, 6:51 PM [ in reply to Re: I'll just bet you when the first playoff polls come out we ]

Does LSU play Bama before the first poll? If so, we will be #1 or #2

Oct 29, 2019, 6:55 PM

I think we will be #2 behind the winner of LSU - Bama.

Oct 29, 2019, 7:07 PM

What Ckyzer said...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,314
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic