Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Has anyone on here played golf with a caddy ? If so - and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Has anyone on here played golf with a caddy ? If so - and

Feb 7, 2014, 1:59 PM

say it was a course you had never played - would the caddy position you in exactly the right spot on the tee box and tee it up for you ?

Would seem to be advantageous and make the loop more fun.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

I'll grab popcorn to see where this thread goes

Feb 7, 2014, 2:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I'll grab popcorn to see where this thread goes

Feb 7, 2014, 2:04 PM

Just make sure you don't get Carl Spackler!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2014, 2:04 PM [ in reply to I'll grab popcorn to see where this thread goes ]

I once took a trip to Tibet and as the story goes...
A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

What a trip that was!!!

Feb 7, 2014, 2:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Feb 7, 2014, 2:07 PM

FUNNY!!!!

Feb 7, 2014, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: I'll grab popcorn to see where this thread goes ]

haha

Re: Re: I'll grab popcorn to see where this thread goes

Feb 7, 2014, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Re: I'll grab popcorn to see where this thread goes ]

Looks like somebody spotted the lady's rowing team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

i'm no expert on sand traps...

but this sure seems like one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, once..and the caddy did exactly as you described.

I remember that day vividly...I shot an 81, and as I was leaving that evening, I remember looking up at a beautiful sunset, completely solid orange.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

He said golf, not putt-putt.***

Feb 7, 2014, 2:08 PM

null

^^^Doesn't get it***

Feb 7, 2014, 2:10 PM

$20 dollars just doesn't go as far as it used to?***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nice, did you come back the next day

Feb 7, 2014, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Yes, once..and the caddy did exactly as you described. ]

and play the back 9?

I did...shot another 81.***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Woah. I shot an 81 that day too.***

Feb 7, 2014, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Yes, once..and the caddy did exactly as you described. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Straight down the middle . . . AND LONG ! ! ! Nice hit !***

Feb 7, 2014, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Yes, once..and the caddy did exactly as you described. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Yes...

Feb 7, 2014, 2:08 PM

Next question...

null

never played with one, but had him carry my bag***

^^^^^^ bob's REALLY gonna like this !***

Feb 7, 2014, 4:25 PM

Had a caddie when I played Oakmont

Feb 7, 2014, 2:19 PM

The caddie will do as much or as little as you want.
As little as just carrying your bag to teeing it up for you.
Hope you get a good one...

Rocky definitely prefers someone to tee it up for him***

Feb 7, 2014, 2:20 PM

^^ Prefers doing the bending over.***

Feb 7, 2014, 2:49 PM

sahhhhhh-WING and a miss . . . .***

Feb 7, 2014, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Rocky definitely prefers someone to tee it up for him*** ]

Re: Has anyone on here played golf with a caddy ? If so - and

Feb 7, 2014, 2:55 PM

I don't like people who are too caddy while I am driving to putt

Yes.

Feb 7, 2014, 3:28 PM

Played Congressional National with a forecaddie. Never played Congressional before and he would tell us exactly where to aim on the tee, an ideal landing area, where to attack every green, and the biggest thing he did was read every putt of mine. I had 26 putts that day, it is amazing how good of a putter I am whenever I have a guy give me the exact line every time.

Shot an 81 with hitting two balls OB and two more in the water, so it was a pretty solid round.

Caddie definitely made it more fun IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

There is not a caddy here that could survive my game. They

Feb 7, 2014, 3:43 PM

would die from laughter, and I would have to call an ambulance for them.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Forecaddies are best

Feb 7, 2014, 4:22 PM

You don't have to walk. They run up ahead to find your ball, and you always have a good lie. Even when you see your ball splash, somehow it hopped back out of the water.

Forecaddies, ya say ? ? Very good to know.***

Feb 7, 2014, 4:27 PM

Sounds a bit baptist but hey, might be worth a try

Feb 7, 2014, 4:31 PM

;)

fore caddies has gotta be better than one... hey y'all knew

Feb 7, 2014, 4:34 PM

it was coming. i just couldn't stand the tension any longer.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm shocked...***

Feb 7, 2014, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Sounds a bit baptist but hey, might be worth a try ]

null

Feb 7, 2014, 4:59 PM

I've played using a caddy a few times. What tees you play from obviously depends on your handicap. They will tell you the line you should take off the tee box to position yourself best for your next shot, but I doubt they'll tee it up for you. I've never had a caddy physically place the ball on the tee, but it's advantageous to follow his lead on where you want to hit it...especially on a course you've never played. A course that uses caddies is usually pretty upscale. So, as long as $ isn't an issue, I'd take advantage of using one. JMO

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2014, 5:01 PM

I played with a caddie for over 25 years and yes, if he is familiar with the course you're playing he can be very, very helpful on distances, reading putts, proper line up on tee shots, etc.

Feb 8, 2014, 8:59 AM

Yeah, at the Ocean Course at Kiawah. I tipped him extra because he didn't laugh once, despite what he was seeing.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic