Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: NFL Scouting Combine Preview: Dorian O'Daniel
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

New Story: NFL Scouting Combine Preview: Dorian O'Daniel

Feb 28, 2018, 12:41 PM

NFL Scouting Combine Preview: Dorian O'Daniel

Dorian O'Daniel was a fan favorite at Clemson the last few seasons, and this week he heads to Indianapolis for the NFL Scouting Combine. What does the NFL say about the former Clemson linebacker? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: NFL Scouting Combine Preview: Dorian O'Daniel

Feb 28, 2018, 12:52 PM

The 'Grady Jarrett' jewel/steal of the draft.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speed question?

Feb 28, 2018, 1:47 PM

I find this amazing after watching D'OD play. The size thing I get, but not the speed. I've seen him run with slots down the seam more than once. If he doesn't run better than 4.7, I'll be shocked.

It's not his speed as much as his quickness that was

Feb 28, 2018, 3:31 PM

questioned, the line about him getting up top full speed

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't sound like Safety is an option at the next level***

Feb 28, 2018, 1:07 PM

I'll eat my socks if he goes that late.

Feb 28, 2018, 1:13 PM

Fourth round at the latest after an impressive combine showing and interviews.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll eat your socks if he goes in the 6th or later

Feb 28, 2018, 1:33 PM

I've seen him projected all over the place. I've seen 1st-6th. I think he'll go mid 3rd. Roquan Smith at Georgia is roughly the same size with similar production and he won some awards.
I've seen Smith projected mid 1st. O'Daniel is excellent in coverage and has a knack for sniffing out lateral stuff. On a team with a good ends he'll be a
force. O'Daniel's best football is ahead of him. He was a little late blooming but he finished strong. They comments about his speed are totally off base. If he doesnt run a 4.55 I'll eat my socks too.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll eat your socks if he goes in the 6th or later

Feb 28, 2018, 2:59 PM

Nothing worse than another man's socks, except maybe his underwear, so I #### sure hope you are right.

LMAO ....... Round 6

Feb 28, 2018, 2:08 PM

Julian, new to the game of football? DOD will likely be a round 3 selection, round 4 at worst.

Feb 28, 2018, 2:43 PM

He was blocked by slot receivers in spread offenses because hr was covering the slot receiver.
Against GaT he was blocked by all kinds of players and he I think he led the team in tackles against GaT every year! He got off blocks when he was assigned to cover the run!

Higher rd. for sure, but wonder why he was one on one on top

Feb 28, 2018, 3:01 PM

receiver for Bama, who was way ahead of him in end zone for TD. Most predicted that "Ridley" far and away Bama's leading receiver would be double team, yet we had a linebacker one on one on him.

They lined him up in the slot to cause the mismatch on DOD***

Feb 28, 2018, 3:32 PM

DoD is a 1st Round value for Clemson

Feb 28, 2018, 3:57 PM

Remember reading feedback from opposing coaches throughout the year who thought they could take advantage of some matchups against DOD. The post game feedback was that DOD was unreal, could do everything, and it's unfair how good he is.

Would be a travesty if he's a 6th round pick. That guy is way too good, and should fit in well in the NFL.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2018, 4:48 PM

I could not disagree with his weaknesses more. If he goes that low then that's a steal for whoever takes him. He's easily a 2nd round talent in my eyes (without the orange). He's always flying towards the ball and for a linebacker, I think he has really good coverage skills. Put a SEC logo on him and they'd probably project him in the 1st round.

The "1 year starter" is crap. Even in his backup rolls he was a baller. He had a Stephone Anthony kind of production year. DOD will be a starter in the future, book it.

Mar 1, 2018, 10:16 AM

I know, aren't most players from Bama 1-yr starters? That's what happens with reloading teams, complete nonsense. Wasn't Scam Newton a 1 yr starter, kicked butt and went 1st round? They all suckin at the SEC teet.

hahahahaha 6th round!!

Feb 28, 2018, 6:26 PM

What a joke! NO WAY he's picked that late. He's a little undersized for an NFL LB but so are 95% of college LB's. He could play DE or OLB like Vic does if you want him to. Speed? I have no doubt he will be one of the fastest and most athletic LB's of the class. I expect him to have astounding numbers at the combine and be anywhere from a late 1st to mid 3rd round pick. In the 3rd or later is a steal. This cat can play ball. Great dude too.

Feb 28, 2018, 11:02 PM

1 year starter?? DOD started in 2016 and 2017. The weaknesses are wrong. I do not recall DOD getting blocked all season. Guy was all over the place.

I actually think DOD will have a better pro career than his college career.

Mar 1, 2018, 8:28 AM

What is it about Clemson players!? They NEVER get the respect they are due in the draft! Clemson is like the step child of the NFL. DOD is one of the most versatile players Clemson had and could line up anywhere and be a stud. If he goes 6th round itll be a travesty and I'll know that because he has/had a paw on his helmet he was pushed back. UGA LB Smith is no better then DOD and is projected a 1st round pick. It's time these scouts look past the SEC logos and realize that talent is in other places too. I hope DOD blows Smith off the charts at the combine!

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic