Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This 2020 recruiting class is going to be one of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 4,120

This 2020 recruiting class is going to be one of

Mar 29, 2019, 2:04 PM

Clemson's best ever. So what's everyone's take on this year's 2020 recruiting class? I see some ppl responses to too many DL being recruited? Some think we will take the state of California this year? How many 5 star players or top 100 players will Clemson obtain signatures from this year? Is it possible for Clemson to get the whole recruiting class outta the top 300 players in nation? Personally, there are very few years that these type of questions can be asked, 2020 happens to be that year!! What u say? Peace my friends

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This 2020 recruiting class is going to be one of

Mar 29, 2019, 2:14 PM

A class slightly on the smaller side, not having to recruit a kicker or punter, and getting a bump in o-line recruiting could give us a chance to sign strictly top 300 players.

My level of focus on a Friday at 2:10 only allows me to answer the last question you asked because I have forgotten/don't have the attention span to go back and look at the others.

Yep - 2020 recruiting class - definitely - absolutely - gonna be .....

Mar 29, 2019, 2:15 PM

...:. Sweeeeeeeeeeeettt!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Mo bettuh best is the standard.***

Mar 29, 2019, 2:44 PM

Clemson is a runaway Freight Train of success under Dabo

Mar 29, 2019, 2:58 PM

...and the 2020 class will precipitate UGA admitting that the gap between Clemson Football and their program is still growing.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haha those idiots still think they are a superior program

Mar 29, 2019, 3:25 PM

To us. The "sec pageantry" just too much to overcome ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Haha those idiots still think they are a superior program

Mar 30, 2019, 12:10 PM

You can't fix stupid. :)

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll defer until they're signed ... remember, early on

Mar 29, 2019, 2:59 PM

Owen Pappoe was a Tiger lean.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll defer until they're signed ... remember, early on

Mar 29, 2019, 4:01 PM

I agree; let's wait till they actually commit - we have lost a lot of "leans" in the past to others - especially OL.

Mar 30, 2019, 2:18 PM

Yea but the positive to that is all of the Oline men are already committed and seems a few have started recruiting. I know it’s not over til they sign but the Oline leans we lost in past are now oline commits which we haven’t lost very many of in awhile. Once a Clemson recruit commits they usually don’t decommit but there are a few outliers to that in every few classes.

Mar 30, 2019, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: I'll defer until they're signed ... remember, early on ]

Yea but the positive to that is all of the Oline men are already committed and seems a few have started recruiting. I know it’s not over til they sign but the Oline leans we lost in past are now oline commits which we haven’t lost very many of in awhile. Once a Clemson recruit commits they usually don’t decommit but there are a few outliers to that in every few classes.

Mar 29, 2019, 4:13 PM [ in reply to I'll defer until they're signed ... remember, early on ]

Agreed, like the players that we have had CBs too but not much news from lately IE Jordan Burch and Antione Sampah

I think with us trending high lately with Bresee, Murphy, DJ, Bowman that those players may commit soon. Burch could be a player similar to KJ Henry in that he chooses to commit later but doesn't have much news coming from his way.

Not sure about Sampah though, just a little quiet there.

Mar 30, 2019, 1:55 PM

Yea we have a good chance to land a good bit of the top 100. I really want to land Burch, I think he’s better than Murphy tbh even tho I’d like to land both including Bresee but if I had to choose two tbh I’d go Burch and DJ. I think we def can land all 3 tho. I really like Sampah and from what I’ve heard on this board we are really wanting Flowe or Smalls over him but he visited not too long ago. Who knows what’s going on only the coaches and recruits know the level of interest they are getting and what they are being told. I def think this can be the best class clemson has ever signed. If things go like expected even if we miss out on a few, we are in the hunt for a lot of top recruits so we will have to turn some away. Just going to sit back and watch how it unfolds, I think the spring game is going to be a huuuuuge day for recruiting. Go Tigers!!!

Mar 29, 2019, 3:10 PM

A lot of the sites have been REALLY positive on our chances with top 10 and top 100 guys. Based on 247's crystal balls, all of our likely future commits at this time are top300 with the exception of Tyler Venables. If we based it on current CB percentages, John Williams (4?) and Tyler Venables (3? +1 for Venables genes) could be our only commits outside of the top 300.

Mar 30, 2019, 1:07 PM

I do not count them until they sign. We have lost many recruits that we were hoping for over the years. Do not count your chickens before they hatch.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 30, 2019, 2:46 PM

I don't consider it a loss if he never commits to Clemson and signs with another school. If he commits and later decommits and signs with another school, that is a loss. We will never sign all of those we fans prefer. Our coaches may see more potential in a 4**** recruit than they see in a 5***** recruit. I can never understand how the so-called recruiting experts can see the difference in a recruit they assign a rating of .9762 and one who receives a rating of .9756. That's gnawing the last speck of corn off the cob.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 4,120
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic