Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you could choose, what type of noon show host
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

If you could choose, what type of noon show host

Jun 16, 2017, 12:50 AM

for the upcoming slot at WCCP. To me there are two types of guys that can host a show, which we already have one of. For a local Clemson and upstate SC broadcast you need to have plenty of " All In " Clemson broadcasters that can take us through the details of the football program, the basketball program, the baseball program , etc.

Been listening to WCCP before it was 105.5, remember Dan and his broadcast's very well. Been a 10+ year listener of Mickey, Walt at times, Qualk and Kelly a lot more. With those being noted, another Clemson centric guy/gal/combo , whichever , won't hurt anything.

Two types of guys:

A Clemson centric guy, maybe a grad, talks about what Clemson folks want to hear. Takes an occasional jab at our rival, but as one poster mentioned today " they aren't even relevant " so that keeps away the gamecocks Wills and Bills. Someone that will take us inside the program, interviews with coaches and players, and be up on the latest recruiting news. Granted Roy did a pretty good job IMO during FB season, but during the off-season the broadcasts get kinda long.

A guy/gal that isn't necessarily a Clemson grad, or even grew up here, but has a wide knowledge of sports overall. While observing the Clemson station and giving way for all opportunities Clemson, still the program is filled with other topics such as NFL, NBA, and old school stories combined with new school stats and analysis Like Him or not, Walt is kinda that guy for some people. Mickey is that guy for a lot, but more Clemson centric.

To me, I'd like a blend of both. Someone mentioned Scott Rhymer earlier, I enjoyed his show. He was a good host and seemed to be all into Clemson. I don't know him personally or who the next guy will be. Some have said Brad from A.I. . He's pretty knowledgeable, up on Clemson sports, but don't know how he'd do as a broadcaster. Maybe they already have someone in mind. Not sure.

However, what kind of broadcaster would you like to hear?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll Add NFL talk

Jun 16, 2017, 1:28 AM

every now and then, especially about all the Championship Tigers we are going to have in the league now. Beasley, Nuk, Jarrett, Humphries, Bryant, and on, and on also. Just a little bit of NFL updates on our former Tigers that are playing BIG LEAGUE. Just my opinion.

What say you?

Re: I'll Add NFL talk

Jun 16, 2017, 8:20 AM

I'd vote for Kelly. It'd be awesome if Dutch came back but that ain't gonna happen. I wonder how Kelly and Zack would sound as host and co-host. It would be interesting.

Jun 16, 2017, 8:29 AM

Agree. Dutch. Open the checkbook and make it happen.

Jun 16, 2017, 8:28 AM [ in reply to I'll Add NFL talk ]

Agree with all the above but not sure Qualk would be a good candidate considering his MLB rants and stats. For me MLB is really boring until the playoffs then I watch a few games other than that I'll watch the paint dry.

my buddy nailed it...

Jun 16, 2017, 8:32 AM

it'll be one of the 2 sports writers that got fired from the Anderson Isufficient that come on Walt's show

What happened with Scott Cole ?

Jun 16, 2017, 8:39 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if they moved Qualk to noon and let Zack take over at 9

Wish they'd just bring Cole back in full time.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic