Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
3 Florida recruits haven't qualified Yet ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

3 Florida recruits haven't qualified Yet ?

Jul 1, 2012, 11:23 AM

http://leatherhelmetblog.com/2012-articles/june/florida-is-having-some-eligibility-issues.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 3 Florida recruits haven't qualified Yet ?

Jul 1, 2012, 11:32 AM

Its the SEC. I foresee 3 "Clowney-esque" designations as "learning disabled"......

BTW--I know that Clemson recruited Bullard pretty strongly. That would have been another recruit headed for prep school.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 3 Florida recruits haven't qualified Yet ? See O&W above

Jul 1, 2012, 11:36 AM

we are having some issues clearing of our own

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 3 Florida recruits haven't qualified Yet ? See O&W above

Jul 1, 2012, 11:37 AM

yep

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, a year at prep school nowadays is expected

Jul 1, 2012, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Re: 3 Florida recruits haven't qualified Yet ? See O&W above ]

for a couple in each class. It just hurts more when they could start right away (Bullard). Otherwise it's not much different than redshirting, except you'll still have a redshirt year available if needed.

Re If he does not get in, He will, wind up at another school

Jul 1, 2012, 6:28 PM

after prep.

Not necessarily. M. Bryant went to prep school and still

Jul 2, 2012, 1:55 PM

signed with us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 3 Florida recruits haven't qualified Yet ?

Jul 1, 2012, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Re: 3 Florida recruits haven't qualified Yet ? ]

I think there was always a red flag that Bullard wouldn't qualify. Some said he didn't choose Clemson b/c he would have to go to prep school and wouldn't qualify to play for us but wanted to go to FLA where he could play. Not looking so good now.

During his time in prep perhaps he will come to understand..

Jul 1, 2012, 12:10 PM

who was honest with him and who blew smoke up his butt during the recruiting process.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish I TU you more than once.^^^^^^^^^^***

Jul 1, 2012, 12:35 PM

I do too, my pulse is all to helll since the Big 12 thing.***

Jul 1, 2012, 11:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, that 97% must be killing you...

Jul 2, 2012, 11:32 AM

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re Don't count us out yet.***

Jul 1, 2012, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Re: 3 Florida recruits haven't qualified Yet ? ]

just curious, what do you know about learning disabilities?***

Jul 1, 2012, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Re: 3 Florida recruits haven't qualified Yet ? ]

Oh, this entire board knows about learning disabilities...

Jul 1, 2012, 6:43 PM

you coots have taught us well. Everytime a coot posts on this board, we learn more and more

nice.....

Jul 1, 2012, 6:52 PM

my point is that so many kids actually do have issues and it is great when they can be helped, but to many do not have the family income to get privately tested and the public schools are pushed beyond limits.

There are many kids that are very smart, but the world will never know.

It is what it is. Life is not fair. This said, not really something to make light of.

Re: nice.....

Jul 1, 2012, 7:21 PM

wasn't trying to make light of anything. You asked how he knew about learning disabilities and I answered for the poster with my opinion.

and your point was a snide remark to the op about how he knew about learning disabilities. Pretty sure that remark was to question his abilities.

Ignore this clown who's feigning some moral indignity.....

Jul 1, 2012, 8:00 PM

what a crock of cheekensheet. The SEC is famous (infamous) for getting athletes into school utilizing the "LD Loophole". A year or two after Tennessee won the NC, they had 11 players on a squad of 85 who'd gotten in on an LD special admit.....you can figure out that percentage and compare it to the public at large. A university that admits 2000 normal students, might allow "LD special admits" to a handful of students who didn't qualify in the normal fashion---that,of course,is not including those with disabilities such hearing, vision or other health-related issues....

These chickentrolls can all deny they did the exact same thing with Clowney, but the rest of the world sees it for what it is.....

Re: Ignore this clown who's feigning some moral indignity.....

Jul 1, 2012, 8:48 PM

Have any proof that Clowney was admitted under such a clause? His acceptance was no different than any other player.

For what its worth, UF is an AAU school - much more prestigious than Clemson is. Don't flatter yourself

Jul 1, 2012, 10:42 PM

Are you saying Clowney WASN'T labeled with a learning disability by usuck?????
And WhoTF said word one about UFla and them being an "AAU"school??????? And trust me dooshie, if you want to start throwing academic brickbats and mortarboards at Clemson, be well aware that usuck is going to rank FAR underneath that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

Jul 2, 2012, 12:00 PM

It seemed you were trying to say that Florida has looser entrance requirements than Clemson does, when in reality they are a much tougher academic school.

Please, provide proof that Clowney is classified as a learning disabled student or was admitted under any different circumstance than the other football signees.

If you think FL is much tougher than Clemson...

Jul 2, 2012, 12:02 PM

...you're just making stuff up as you go.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Jul 2, 2012, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Ignore this clown who's feigning some moral indignity..... ]

1) I never mentioned Florida in any context. But as I said, if Florida is a "much tougher academic school" than Clemson....that would make them approximately TWICE as tough as the academic joke usuck is. Until this most recent expansion, there were two PUBLIC SEC schools ranked higher than Clemson in the last USN&WR ranking: UGa and UFla. Which, of course means, that 2/3 of the ACC rank above nearly every school in the SEC......and, as I remember, EVERY ACC school ranked above usuck....I'd have to double check to make sure

2) There was an article earlier this year---it may have even been in a Kornblut piece---that was linked on Tigernet---stating that Clowney was having difficulty maintaining his academic requirements to stay eligible and that it was "discovered" that Clowney had a learning disability.....but I have no intention of wasting my time to look it up for you.....go back to fgf and have them direct you to it.

I don't have proof on Doo Doo...

Jul 2, 2012, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Ignore this clown who's feigning some moral indignity..... ]

but I know for a FACT that ricardo hurley did not have a learning disability. I have known his mom, grandmother and sisters for a long time....and actually his grandma (who raised him) was po'd that he was labeled that way. She told me herself he had been tested early in school and and in middle school and tests were negative. She said he was just lazy and never would study.

I heard the EXACT same thing growing up in Greenwood***

Jul 2, 2012, 1:44 PM

Jul 2, 2012, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Ignore this clown who's feigning some moral indignity..... ]

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Jadeveon-Clowney-says-he-will-be-eligible-to-play-football-at-South-Carolina-021411

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/15/sports/ncaafootball/15clowney.html

http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2011/3/25/2071429/jadeveon-clowney-the-heir-apparent-to-stephen-garcia

http://www.nfldraftbible.com/NFL-Insider-Insider-info/nfl-draft-countdown-no2-jadeveon-clowney.html

Jul 2, 2012, 11:29 PM

Good research.....you did a great job of discrediting tigrjm76 above, who was trying to claim that USC "maneuvered" itself into admitting Clowney by "fabricating" a learning disability for him. The links you provided claim that Clowney was "diagnosed with his learning disability in middle school by Rock Hill School District Three"....or years before ANYONE had an idea that he would turn into a nationally rated prep football prospect.

Also, the links indicate that Clowney had already gotten the minimum NCAA requirements for college by at least February 2011....with half his senior year in high school still ahead of him. He reportedly had been getting A's for a while, and had at least 2 other opportunities to retake his ACT test again, even though he had already taken it and gotten a minimum required score.

From what I understand, Clowney met the minimum admissions requirements with ease by the time he graduated. Doesn't sound like there's anything unusual here....

Jul 1, 2012, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Ignore this clown who's feigning some moral indignity..... ]

absolutely!! see D. Watson and Summers among many others!!Clowney is just another long line of unqualified players in the SEC!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nope, just a father with two kids who have dyslexia. They

Jul 2, 2012, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Ignore this clown who's feigning some moral indignity..... ]

get good grades, but they have to really work harder than many. We are fortunate that they can go to special schools and have private tutors.

I know of many within the local elementary system that my kids attended that struggle. There is really no good help available and the parents take no part in their academic life. Talking to them I know they are bright.

No real solutions. Life is not fair. Still, nothing to make light of.

If he's a ###### he should've gond to Carolina...

Jul 1, 2012, 7:48 PM [ in reply to nice..... ]

That's re-tard pronounced Hangover I style...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: nice.....

Jul 1, 2012, 9:01 PM [ in reply to nice..... ]

but, but, but, these "issues" are only discovered when they try to go to a SEc school and then by some MIRACLE they are found to have some long hidden "learning problem" that no one could find but Holtz or SOS or some other SEC schools coach!!!! get real!!

Dude Clowney is just dumb as a brick

Jul 1, 2012, 10:59 PM [ in reply to nice..... ]

No way that dude could ever get into college without cheating. Watch he'll never return to finish his degree, cause he'd actually have to take his own test. What's his major, green eggs and ham?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's probably justv lioke Clowney-

Jul 1, 2012, 7:30 PM [ in reply to just curious, what do you know about learning disabilities?*** ]

Never had any until he got to an SEC school. Just didn't do his work in HS and needed prep school. That was what Clowney's teachers said, check the N Y Times.

Re: He's probably justv lioke Clowney-

Jul 1, 2012, 8:55 PM

the New York Times!!!!!! really?? U got a believable source??LMAO!!! maybe U should try the Washington Post??LMAO AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Re: just curious, what do you know about learning disabilities?***

Jul 2, 2012, 10:12 AM [ in reply to just curious, what do you know about learning disabilities?*** ]

Nice try cockerel funny how he went 12 years and no one knew, with all his teachers saying he was an honor roll student, maybe he was given a new test at cockerel u

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know the 'rain man' couldnt play defensive end....

Jul 2, 2012, 1:29 PM

Next question , dirt ######.

Dante Fowler Cleared To Enroll At Florida

Jul 2, 2012, 9:22 PM

According to multiple sources, Dante Fowler, a talented defensive end recruit from St. Peterburg (Fla.) Lakewood High School, has been cleared to enroll at the University of Florida.

Fowler had been in academic limbo for the last week, as he waited to have a final online class approved by the NCAA.

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2012/7/2/3132334/florida-football-dante-phillips-dante-fowler-jonathan-bullard

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic