Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you played for Clemson but coached at Bama would you think about getting back to Tigertown
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,976

If you played for Clemson but coached at Bama would you think about getting back to Tigertown

Apr 30, 2018, 5:08 PM

to COACH?

Sure you would, just to say you coached at your Alma Mater.

Saying, chances of DaBO leaving for Bama is very very real..

especially since he was only 1 of 2 players of 85 that went out that made the Walk-on Squad at Bama.

Hey, why wouldn’t he want to say “I played for Alabama as a walk-on & now l’m the HEAD coach for ALABAMA”..so everything is possible in life.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course I would, Bill

Apr 30, 2018, 5:15 PM

but that's because this is CLEMSON, and that is Bama.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you played for Clemson but coached at Bama would you think about getting back to Tigertown

Apr 30, 2018, 5:56 PM

If I had previously been fired by Clemson and left jobless it would be hard to go back.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends, did they fire me and force me to take a salesman

Apr 30, 2018, 6:42 PM

job? Also, am I still at the school that hired me back as a coach and then took the chance on me as a position coach to promote me as head coach?

If so, then heck no!

Re: If you played for Clemson but coached at Bama would you think about getting back to Tigertown

Apr 30, 2018, 6:49 PM

Yes, but I would consider the possibility of it going badly and having a bitter parting with my alma mater. It would be a tough decision.

Hoping your wrong Bill......

Apr 30, 2018, 8:05 PM

Although when the time comes at Alabama they will throw tons of money at Dabo.. When this happens I expect Clemson will sweeten the pot. I just hope we've started the "save Dabo" savings account in our athletic department. And then will it be enough to counter Alabama? Bad thoughts begone.

Bringing out the cynic in me on this riddle Bill ...

May 1, 2018, 12:06 AM

We are all forgetting college football at many levels is a big business. It's typically the alums and the hard core fans that get sentimental about their team more so than the coaches who take their brand to the next school when a contract ends or a higher paying opportunity surfaces. And I have no doubt Dabo loves both Clemson and Bama dearly.

So how about this as a plausible scenario? TL and the Clemson team win a championship or two, and Dabo becomes the new king of college football which is the Bama job requirement. Coach Swinney consistently and respectfully dismisses any rumors of interest in accepting the Bama job. Meanwhile, Bama continues to make offers through his agent, and as the bidding price continues to escalate, Dabo's agent gives Clemson a chance to match Bama's offer. Dabo remains silent and "focused on coaching football". Whether or not Dabo has any interest in leaving and whether he stays or leaves, he receives another huge raise, a guaranteed long-term contract, and a huge upfront bonus - the richest in the history of college football. And if Clemson continues to win, this is a very likely outcome ... that is massive leverage and options for Coach Swinney. I believe he would stay at Clemson with that massive new contract. And that folks is the American way.

P.S. Call me crazy, but I agree with another poster who stated an AD position could be in his future when Dabo believes the time is right. With continued winning, there could be lots of options even the challenge of taking on an NFL head coach position as the NFL continues to transition to college offenses. An older Dabo could decide Congress would be fun. Give the man credit. He is a go-getter, he's done one he11uva job at Clemson, and he has earned the ability to call his own shots. And leave or stay, we will all still be Clemson Tigers and pull for our team! Go Tigers!

Message was edited by: SocMan2®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are NOT helping me here, BiLl

May 1, 2018, 7:45 AM

Shouldn’t you be cruising the Intracoastal Waterway on your yacht; cleaning that Rock Star Tour Bus of an RV; waxing the Mercedes; or doing something else - ANYTHING - other than feeding my paranoia and eternal pessimism?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Vince Dooley never went back to Auburn and he was offered...

May 1, 2018, 9:30 AM

Don't know if Pat Dye was ever offered to go back to UGA but he stayed at Auburn his whole career as well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not if Clemson screwed me like Bama screwed Dabo.

May 1, 2018, 9:45 AM

Search Dabo on Finebaum show first interview and listen to the tale of woe then get back to us, Bill.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,976
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic