Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you plan to use PPE and sterile technique
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,647

If you plan to use PPE and sterile technique

Apr 4, 2020, 7:52 AM

It's much more complicated than you may think

https://youtu.be/0wTWrQoDhPw

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you plan to use PPE and sterile technique

Apr 4, 2020, 9:26 AM

This is absolutely the best post I've seen lately. He's exactly right... However, we should have never had to get to this point. Now we're to the point you can't buy any of these products. You've posted some excellent material throughout.

Unfortunately we didn't have a comprehensive plan and the genie is out of the bottle now. My one point throughout is once we realized we didn't have containment, we should have immediately insisted social distancing and wearing masks... Again, would have had existing policies and procedures. Maybe we'll learn but it's doubtful.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yet, of course, the gubmint

Apr 4, 2020, 10:08 AM

told us NOT to wear masks.

Imagine that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 4, 2020, 10:10 AM

I think I'm gonna starve...

Apr 4, 2020, 10:18 AM

Yep. It's a pain in the butt. However, this has long been a pet peeve of mine... Especially co workers who think they're indispensable and come to work sick, even though they could stay at home and get paid.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 4, 2020, 10:40 AM

I think this should be REQUIRED VIEWING by everyone--especially those who work in the Grocery Stores. It's the best video & explanation I have seen. I, too, have seen people touch things with their gloves as if the gloves "killed a virus" on contact---which does NOT.

Thank you for posting this. It is a real eye opener and a great reminder.

Apr 4, 2020, 7:15 PM

Interesting though that this highly educated and experienced molecular biologist says that he personally wouldn’t freak out like this and speaking of his beard says he wouldn’t personally wear any PPE when out at the grocery store, but offers these instructions for those that want to or need to with at-risk people at home (he says trust him, he’s seen much worse). Very similar to the President’s statement yesterday that he wouldn’t wear a mask as it wasn’t mandatory but it is a just a recommendation.

Spreading the idea that this isn’t supremely deadly and might not be the end of all of us is not very helpful. We don’t want to spend the last three days of our lives suffocating on our own mucus, do we??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Meh...I prefer this technique:

Apr 4, 2020, 11:00 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPo15wcc1w4

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Meh...I prefer this technique:

Apr 4, 2020, 11:31 AM

Please post this again as a main topic. I actually do carry a pick up stick for takeout... I love it. This is hilarious!!!!!

Cure worse than the disease???????????????***

Apr 4, 2020, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Meh...I prefer this technique: ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Marty Smith’s brother?***

Apr 4, 2020, 4:08 PM [ in reply to Meh...I prefer this technique: ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Apr 4, 2020, 4:02 PM

Bumping this, just because I think anyone in a high risk category should understand what they're potentially facing when using PPE. The advice could save you from getting sick!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,647
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic