Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pitt fan here
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Pitt fan here

Dec 4, 2018, 12:39 AM

Just wanted to come on here and congratulate u guys on the dub Saturday night.. Game was pretty much never in doubt but was still a good time.. Seeing all that orange and hanging around a passionate fan base was pretty cool.. I've noticed on here that some of u had a bad experience with some Pitt fans.. That's pretty disappointing that any of our fans showed any disrespect.. So I apologize for those few morons out there.. My buddy and I sat right behind a couple Clemson students and we talked to the throughout the entire game. Cool as h e l l ppl.. They were standing the whole game and a Pitt fan behind us told them to sit down and the Clemson girl basically told them to s t f u lol pretty d a m funny.. But anyway just wanted to come on here and say good luck in the playoffs I'll be pulling for u guys..and do me a favor.. Please beat the ever living p i s s out of Notre dame.. That is all lol.. Hail to Pitt and go tigers

Message was edited by: Smitch89

Message was edited by: Smitch89

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pitt fan here

Dec 4, 2018, 12:42 AM

Thanks and good luck to you as well in your bowl game.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pitt fans I talked with were nice fellows. One even let me watch the end of Alabama

Dec 4, 2018, 12:42 AM

Vs Georgia on his phone.

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Re: Pitt fans I talked with were nice fellows. One even let me watch the end of Alabama

Dec 4, 2018, 12:52 AM

Vs Georgia on his phone.

Might have been us lol. We were watching the end of the Bama Georgia game on my buddies phone when we were in line waiting to get into the stadium with about 20 ppl surrounding us trying to watch as well lol

Re: Pitt fans I talked with were nice fellows. One even let me watch the end of Alabama

Dec 4, 2018, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Pitt fans I talked with were nice fellows. One even let me watch the end of Alabama ]

Ya'll must have forgotten the 77 Gator Bowl, Pitt fans were obnoxious slobs and while I'm on a roll so were the Cuse fans at the Gator Bowl.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2018, 12:44 AM

We had no issues with the Pitt fans at the game. Glad you came to “Death Valley - East”!!! Hope to see you there again next year!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really dug those unis y'all were sporting the other night.

Dec 4, 2018, 12:45 AM

Hope to see more of that in the future.

Good luck v Stanford.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good post...I met a Pitt fan two years ago at our tailgate

Dec 4, 2018, 12:52 AM

He was super cool and we had a blast. Forced vodka shots down his gullet as punishment for beating us. He sworn he’d return next time they headed south.
That game got our Tigers re-focused and probably helped us down the line.

Take care

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My two oldest grandkids grew up in the

Dec 4, 2018, 3:52 AM

Pittsburgh area, so over the years I met a lot of great folks there.

Best of luck to you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2018, 4:22 AM

I will never understand the purpose of standing the entire game, which is why I haven’t been to a game in 11 years. I doubt I’ll ever go to another game again in my life and I’m only in my 30’s. To each his own, I guess.

Dec 4, 2018, 5:26 AM

I stand a lot when we are on defense. Makes it easier to holler. I take personal pride in helping to get the five yard false starts on the opposing team.

Dec 4, 2018, 8:06 AM

CU fans are the NEW 12th man, too bad TA&M!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i stand on defense too

Dec 4, 2018, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Pitt fan here ]

I stand on offense too....I only sit while waiting on the tv guy in the red vest to get off the field.

Dec 4, 2018, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Pitt fan here ]

Dec 4, 2018, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Pitt fan here ]

Sitting is the new smoking. :)

If you just want to sit the whole time then I would stay at home on my couch too

Dec 4, 2018, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Pitt fan here ]

I’ll never understand people that pay good money to sit during a game and not talk, cheer, or even clap. It actually blows my mind.

Re: If you just want to sit the whole time then I would stay at home on my couch too

Dec 4, 2018, 2:50 PM

Why does standing increase the experience? I’m more comfortable sitting.

Hail with Pitt and GO TIGERS!!!***

Dec 4, 2018, 4:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2018, 5:15 AM

My company has a few clients in Pittsburgh. Good folks. I heard they are revitalizing a bunch of old warehouses in downtown and the city is having somewhat of a rebirth. Good luck in the bowl.

The Pitt fans I met were fantastic. I have a warm spot

Dec 4, 2018, 5:45 AM

for the city. The ladies there seem to dig me and I got my tiger tat in the South Side Flats. ;)

Good luck the rest of the season and your retro uniforms were great!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope y'all represent the coastal next yr

Dec 4, 2018, 6:54 AM

Hard to beat everyone over there.

Re: Nice...but, I have a question.

Dec 4, 2018, 7:59 AM

How did you edit your message without an ®?

Is this a mod scok? ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nice...but, I have a question.

Dec 4, 2018, 4:13 PM

There's a little symbol on the title line that you can click to edit your post.

Dec 4, 2018, 8:04 AM

Happy to hear you had a good experience with out Tiger students and fans. There will always be a very small percentage of any fan base that is somewhat ignorant about sporting etiquette. Standing at games seems to be a thing these days. As soon as I see the TV Guy in red I sit down for the commercial time. Hope to get up to Pittsburg sometime when we play up there and take in the hilltop restaurants again. Good luck in your bowl game and thanks for your comments.

Dude...there are idiots everywhere. Hopefully the small

Dec 4, 2018, 8:15 AM

sample size won't ruin the image of Pitt to anyone here. I'm a big fan of city of Pittsburgh. Considered moving there when I was searching for academic gigs. It just had a good feel to it.

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Dec 4, 2018, 8:17 AM

Good post. Thank you.

Dec 4, 2018, 8:51 AM

You're 1st class Smitch89, thanks for dropping by.

Good luck to your Panthers in the bowl game!

Dec 4, 2018, 8:55 AM

I for one had several favorable encounters with the Pitt fans Saturday. All that I met we friendly and wished us luck moving forward. One actually bought me a drink. Maybe someones bad experience has something to say about them... :)

The Pitt fans were much better than Miami fans last season

Dec 4, 2018, 9:08 AM

Pitt fans showed a lot of class and I was impressed by the number of fans who showed up. Thank you for the kind words and I hope you win many games in the future... just not against us! ;o)

Re: The Pitt fans were much better than Miami fans last season

Dec 4, 2018, 10:16 AM

Yea I was impressed by our fans as well. Only about 6-8k showed up but they were pretty dang loud.. Prob the most passion I've seen from our fan base.. Pittsburgh is a pro sports town so our team doesnt get much exposure..its all Steelers and pens basically but for me I love college football and college basketball more than anything. Tough being a college sports fan in a pro sports town lol.. But I was also impressed with the Clemson fans. The 55-60k were loud as h e l l I can only imagine how loud an extra 20k of u all is lol. Clemson stadium is a stadium on my bucket list I def wanna check out one day.. Love the passion u guys show

Pitt fan near us kept yelling the F word so everyone in

Dec 4, 2018, 10:14 AM

the entire section could hear him. Then he would follow that with “the Bible Belt sucks”. Yea, really classy people.

He was slightly worse than the BC fan screaming derogatory comments about Trevor behind us at the BC game. I don’t have a problem with you cheering on your team, but using cuss words about my school and derogatory comments towards our well-mannered players crosses the line for me. I ignore it, so they eventually shut up, but other fans wants to start arguments - essentially giving the scum what they were after. He was probably upset we brought almost as many fans to Boston as the home team and we were actually cheering for our team, not sitting down acting like bumps on logs.

Re: Pitt fan near us kept yelling the F word so everyone in

Dec 4, 2018, 10:31 AM

I am sorry to hear that coming from my perspective as a Pitt alumnus whose all children are Clemson grads (I rooted for the Tigers, by the way). I will defend Pittsburghers as mostly great people but some are what are known there as "jagoffs". The guy you describe is a typical jagoff. Thinks he knows everything about everything and wants everyone to know his opinion.

I hope yinz don't think everyone from western PA is that guy: we aren't.

Go Tigers!

Re: Pitt fan near us kept yelling the F word so everyone in

Dec 4, 2018, 7:03 PM

I knew that about jagoff from watching Pittsburg Dad on YouTube. Dude is hilarious!

Dec 4, 2018, 10:21 AM

So just how cool is Hell?

Dec 27, 2020, 2:40 PM

And good luck to you and yours... Reading through all these post I just want to say that I'm not able to attend games in DV or any where else but, when I was, I assure you that from the many many time that I was inside DV, I was there for only one purpose, and that was to cheer for my Tigers and hoping they heard my cheers of support for them on that field and side lines. I can not remember a single day after a game that I was able to get a word out of my mouth that sounded anything close to an understandable word. My vocal cords were wasted and took a few days to heal before I could make understandable sounds again. I can swear, promise, what ever it takes to assure anyone that my vocal cords didn't get wasted by sitting on my A$S and cheering, other than half time, I was on my feet doing what I came to DV to do, and that was to Cheer for my Tiger FB team, and that is exactly what I done. I have never tried to tell someone how they should act at a sporting event bc I didn't pay for their ticket, and as long as what they are doing isn't anything to harm me in any way, I've always been OK with them doing what ever they do sitting or standing, but I stand and cheer for my team when I'm there!!!

I have also always been a Tiger fan that believed that opposing fans had a right to be in DV to cheer on their team also, and I've always given them the up most respect if they were doing that anywhere close to me!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks!!***

Dec 4, 2018, 4:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks!!***

Dec 4, 2018, 7:38 PM

I had no problems with Pitt fans. There was one Clemson fan who was young, drinking beer, and making a jackleg of himself. He was riding our punter pretty bad but I made no comment. In the third quarter, he upped it doing some hardcore cussing. Despite my brothers' request for restraint, I got up, pointed back at him and said "Boy, you need to shut up and sit down! If you can't handle your beer any better than that, start drinking sodas!" He quieted down. Sometime we have to police our own. Something I learned from Rat Season many decades ago.

Dec 4, 2018, 7:39 PM

Hi Pitt fan & thanks for all you said about your positive experience with CU fans. I've been going to CU games since the '60s. I've always thought we treated others' fans respectfully (minus the occasional moron or 2 who just can't be hospitable for whatever reason).

As for Pitt, I really respect the team & Coach Narduzzi. Seems like he does it the right way & will undoubtedly have much success. It's plain he cares deeply for his players & the program & wants his guys to be great people during & AFTER football.

I'd say you've got a "Grade-A" coach with Pat.

Best of luck in the Sun vs Stanford! No way a PAC 12 beats an ACC this year!!

Panthers will add another W for the league in '18!!!

Dec 5, 2018, 7:54 PM

Congrats on being in the game, all the fans I met were great.... lots of "lets go Pitt" in the bar before the game .... best of luck in the Sun Bowl steal one from the Cardinal ....

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic