Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those getting all lathered up and tickly about
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

For those getting all lathered up and tickly about

Oct 28, 2020, 12:32 PM

Tucker Carlson's interview last night, keep in mind that his show is essentially immune from slander and libel due to a federal court's ruling that his show is not, in fact, news. His bosses at FOX provided this very defense to the courts to protect themselves from getting sued.

You could go so far as to say that what occurs on his show is in fact legally considered "fake news."

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/09/judge-rules-fox-news-tucker-carlson-not-source-of-news-defamation-suit-mcdougal-trump.html

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's true. Rachael Maddow said so***

Oct 28, 2020, 12:34 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: that's true. Rachael Maddow said so***

Oct 28, 2020, 12:38 PM

As did a federal judge (appointed by yours truly), you know, someone not on TV responsible for adjudicating our laws.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: that's true. Rachael Maddow said so***

Oct 28, 2020, 9:22 PM

Good thing because Tucker was only asking the question and Mr. Tony Bobulinski was giving the answers. Were the questions lies? I guess this is a little confusing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should be easy enough for Biden to disprove the accusations

Oct 28, 2020, 12:52 PM

made in that interview then, right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Should be easy enough for Biden to disprove the accusations

Oct 28, 2020, 1:00 PM

Lakebum,

It is a common understanding within political circles that sometimes the best way to kill a story (fire) is to deprive it of oxygen (attention). Any response to a bullyshitt story just keeps it in the news cycle longer.

This guy is providing times, dates, and documents

Oct 28, 2020, 1:03 PM

Any news agencies that don't look into this further should be considered a wing of the Democrat party. Have there even been any denials about the authenticity of his claims?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This guy is providing times, dates, and documents

Oct 28, 2020, 1:55 PM

No one cares if Hunter traded in on his famous name.

Especially while the White House is still populated by Jared and Ivanka who have no experience in government.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your talking points are a few weeks outdated

Oct 28, 2020, 5:39 PM

This is about Joes involvement, not Hunter.

Disprove accusations made on a legally defined fake news

Oct 28, 2020, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Should be easy enough for Biden to disprove the accusations ]

program? That's like asking someone to respond to a Weekly World News article. Even the Drudge Report isn't linking to it.

I know it looks all juicy, and the aroma may be tantalizing, but there's a fairly compelling reason that a program that is essentially immune from getting sued for spreading false information would be the one to air something like this.

Like I said, this guy is providing times, dates, and

Oct 28, 2020, 1:06 PM

documents. It's worth looking into, regardless of what you think about the interviewer. If it's fake news like you say, it's easily disprovable and we could move on. But nobody seems interested in that for some reason.

Re: Like I said, this guy is providing times, dates, and

Oct 28, 2020, 1:34 PM

For the sake of argument, let's assume Joe Biden is pure as the wind driven snow. Purer than even Dean Smith. Why was Hunter Biden the recipient of deals that garnered him tons of money from regions that he had no significant knowledge of and in an industry(energy) that he had scant knowledge? Would you at least acknowledge it was probably an attempt to buy influence? Even Hunter is on record stating he probably would not have been the beneficiary of the deals he was involved in were his last name not Biden. Hunter's dad may not have known a thing, but there is more than a little whiff of possible impropriety.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is there new info outside what WSJ looked at here?

Oct 28, 2020, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Like I said, this guy is providing times, dates, and ]

https://www.wsj.com/articles/hunter-bidens-ex-business-partner-alleges-father-knew-about-venture-11603421247

Seems like there’s evidence that Joe is lying

Oct 28, 2020, 5:38 PM

About not having any involvement. Did you watch the interview? The entire article you linked is behind a paywall, so I can’t read everything covered.

Re: Seems like there’s evidence that Joe is lying

Oct 29, 2020, 10:53 AM

Do you really think he has a subscription to the WSJ?

Why do he have to?***

Oct 29, 2020, 7:56 AM [ in reply to Should be easy enough for Biden to disprove the accusations ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Or does. You know. Grammar and things.***

Oct 29, 2020, 7:57 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

It do, it sho do.***

Oct 29, 2020, 12:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump still gets asked why he won't denounce white

Oct 29, 2020, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Why do he have to?*** ]

supremacists, despite doing so repeatedly, but Joe can't be asked about this? 3 years of Russian collusion investigation, but this doesn't warrant any sort of explanation? I'm sorry, that doesn't fly with me.

Re: Trump still gets asked why he won't denounce white

Oct 29, 2020, 10:30 AM

-Because Trump gets massive support from white supremacists, and throughout his career, when asked about how he feels about it, he dances around it. There's actual evidence there.

-People shouldn't have to answer for every ridiculous and specious claim made up against them. Like Obama and birth certificates.

-That same point above was argued about Trump and Russia. Tu quo que doesn't look good.

-Same point was argued about Kavanaugh, and I agreed on that point.

Re: Trump still gets asked why he won't denounce white

Oct 29, 2020, 10:33 AM

The other reason Trump gets asked repeatedly about white supremacists is because he intentionally makes BS ambiguous statements like "stand back and stand by." He can be that sort of troll if he wants, but guess what, deal with the press asking about the trolling.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

And Joe Biden says you're not black if you don't vote for

Oct 29, 2020, 10:47 AM

him, but I guess we really know what he meant so it's OK. No need to prod further.

I mean...

Oct 29, 2020, 10:54 AM

I think it was a pretty consensus opinion here that was a stupid as hell statement he made. But this is veering off course of the main point.

Maybe he should be asked about it for the rest of his life***

Oct 29, 2020, 10:56 AM

If he'd doubled down instead of apologizing, you'd be right.***

Oct 29, 2020, 11:08 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Biden was asked to explain that during his Town Hall

Oct 29, 2020, 11:05 AM [ in reply to And Joe Biden says you're not black if you don't vote for ]

event. It might be worth considering though that it was a single comment he made one time, not something he double downs on at every available opportunity as Trump does on his dog whistling theatrics.

Personally I don't necessarily believe Trump is a racist. He does, however, channel a racist theme to appeal to much of his base on a very consistent basis. It's part of his sales pitch.

Actually that's a great example of why Biden

Oct 29, 2020, 11:06 AM [ in reply to And Joe Biden says you're not black if you don't vote for ]

is better than Trump.

The "you ain't black" comment was horrendous.

So... what did Biden do after that? Did he double down? Make it worse? Insist that he never said it?
No, he didn't do any of the troll crap that Trump does.

Here's what Biden said afterwards:
"The bottom line of all of this perhaps I was much too cavalier. I know that the comments have come off like I was taking the African American vote for granted but nothing could be further from the truth. I've never, ever done that and I've earned it every time I've run. I was making the point that I never take the vote for granted and in fact I know in order to win the presidency, I need the African American vote. I shouldn't have been such a wise guy. I shouldn't have been so cavalier."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/22/us/politics/joe-biden-black-breakfast-club.html

All Trump has to do is say, "The bottom line is that 'stand back and stand by' wasn't a clear denunciation, because it came off like I was telling white supremacists to stand by, not stand down. I meant to tell them to stand down, that I denounce their beliefs unequivocally. I shouldn't have ever suggested that they stand by."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/05/25/joe-biden-you-aint-black-racism-trump-column/5254434002/

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/rep-clyburn-view-bidens-aint-black-comment-made/story?id=70875537

- Jonathan Swift

Certainly makes him a better politician***

Oct 29, 2020, 11:17 AM

I for one will be glad that on November 5, racisim is going

Oct 29, 2020, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Actually that's a great example of why Biden ]

away.

At least we got that behind us.

Re: I for one will be glad that on November 5, racisim is going

Oct 29, 2020, 12:12 PM

Or at least we won't have a president telling racists to stand by. So yes.

- Jonathan Swift

No, he'll just be telling us what color we are.

Oct 29, 2020, 12:24 PM

If you're being told how to act and what color you are, I guess there's no choice to be a racist or not.

Re: No, he'll just be telling us what color we are.

Oct 29, 2020, 12:32 PM

I know and I was only kidding anyway because racist Trump will still be prez until January and probably that's January 2025.

- Jonathan Swift

lol, the white supremacists angle is just so ridiculous

Oct 29, 2020, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Trump still gets asked why he won't denounce white ]

It really is, enough with the white supremacist boogie man.

This does not seem like a ridiculous claim to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but nothing Tony Bobulinski has said or the documents he's provided have been denied. Those documents were not what Tucker Carlson hilariously tried to claim were lost. Specifically the text where Rob Walker explained to Tony that Hunter Biden's 'chairman' was, in fact, Joe Biden seem fairly damning.

I mean, why not ask the questions? Why won't somebody else interview Tony Bobulinksi and poke some holes in his story? Should be easy enough to do. They've got the time to hyper analyze and critique every single move Trump makes, but I guess Joe gets a pass.

There's nothing wrong with asking the questions.

Oct 29, 2020, 10:56 AM

But there's also nothing wrong with refusing to respond to them, and that doesn't indicate guilt.

If I keep asking you about ridiculous child molestation claims against you, and you dismiss me because you think I'm ridiculous, does that indicate that you're guilty of them?

I know you don't think that's how things should work in our country.

If you had text messages and emails indicating that I was

Oct 29, 2020, 11:05 AM

guilty, I'm pretty sure I'd be expected to explain myself. If one of my close friends had emailed a colleague saying, "yo, when Lakebum's son refers to pedobear, he's really talking about Lakebum1" in the greater context of discussing a sex trafficking ring, wouldn't that elicit some sort of journalistic response? No?

Hold up...

Oct 29, 2020, 11:09 AM

You mean counting this computer store guy's claims?

Okay, let's say some guy at Verizon said, "I have Lakebum's recycled phone he dropped off during the trade in and I found all these old pedobear text messages." And then the time stamps on those messages were suspect along with the story itself, and, oh, yeah, we found out this guy is someone who loves your rival and hates you.

No, I am specifically referring to Tony Bobulinski and

Oct 29, 2020, 11:10 AM

the documents he has provided. Again, correct me if I'm wrong, but those emails, texts, and audio recordings he has produced came directly from him, and had nothing to do with the laptop.

And now...

Oct 29, 2020, 11:21 AM

They have magically disappeared. Because we are to believe no one at Tucker or Fox made copies before mailing them?

Again, it was on Tucker's show. Fox lawyers say his show isn't news. Case closed.

My understanding is that those have not disappeared at all

Oct 29, 2020, 11:27 AM

I'm not sure what documents Tucker Carlson supposedly lost, but what I'm referring to is being reviewed by a Senate committee and many have been publicly released.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/28/senate-committee-finds-hunter-biden-biz-partner-docs-so-far-legit/

Re: If you had text messages and emails indicating that I was

Oct 29, 2020, 11:10 AM [ in reply to If you had text messages and emails indicating that I was ]

I actually have a copy of your pedobear email, Lakebum. I mean, ok, it got lost by UPS when I mailed it across the country to myself, but I have been assured that it's very real. Why won't you refute it?

- Jonathan Swift

If that's the case, then you're correct

Oct 29, 2020, 11:13 AM

However, and maybe I'm totally off base right now, but those documents Tucker Carlson claims were lost were not the emails, texts, audio recordings, etc. that Tony Bobulinski produced. Is that incorrect?

Re: If that's the case, then you're correct

Oct 29, 2020, 11:31 AM

No idea, I'm totally ignoring the story except for laughing at the funny parts.

I'm amazed that the same people who believe Trump's contacts with Russia were "fake" and a "hoax" and that the Mueller Report was a "witch hunt" somehow believe everything they hear about the Derptober Surprise. Probably best to look at the facts after it's done being presented for the obvious purpose of screwing with an election.

- Jonathan Swift

Awesome, so you have no idea what you're talking about here

Oct 29, 2020, 11:41 AM

And aren't interested in finding out. Glad you decided to jump into the thread.

Times, dates, documents. It all should be easy to disprove. All I'm wondering is why nobody is interested in doing it. It's not because they are "ridiculous claims", we've seen balls to the wall investigative journalism based on much more ridiculous claims.

Now now, let's not get upset.

Oct 29, 2020, 11:48 AM

I jumped into the thread because you were complaining about the media reporting on Trump's repeated failure to unequivocally condemn white supremacy.

I can respond to that issue without even touching the Derprise.

By the way, knowing nothing about the facts, I bet no one gets arrested for anything. What do you think? On a scale from one to Ron Brown, how likely is it that this story falls apart and goes away because it was never real to begin with?

- Jonathan Swift

I wasn't really complaining about it, just showing how

Oct 29, 2020, 11:52 AM

hilariously biased they are.

I bet they don't either, and I'm not sure how likely that is. If we had some actual journalists, maybe we could discern how real this story is. Times, dates, and documents.....Should be easy to figure out what's real. I personally think the timing is suspect, but I don't see any indication that this guy is lying either.

Re: I wasn't really complaining about it, just showing how

Oct 29, 2020, 12:11 PM

I wasn't really complaining about it, just showing how hilariously biased they are.

Right, and after that you realized that Biden is a better politician because he admits his mistakes and addresses them. Which explains why it's not about hilarious media bias, it's about the ability for a politician to admit reality and address the facts.

If we had some actual journalists, maybe we could discern how real this story is. Times, dates, and documents.....Should be easy to figure out what's real. I personally think the timing is suspect, but I don't see any indication that this guy is lying either.

First of all, I'm not aware of any reliable outlets or actual journalists outlets having access to the documents. My understanding is that the tabloid NY Post received them, and I guess Tucker Carlson? If Rudy Giuliani wants to have actual reporting on this idiocy, he can give the documents to actual journalists.

- Jonathan Swift

No, it's absolutely about hilarious media bias

Oct 29, 2020, 12:32 PM

If they were to treat them equal, they'd have to hound Joe for 3-4 more years about the statement, regardless of whether he admitted his mistake or not. And I know you're trying to pretend the "stand by" comment was made like 3 years ago, but it wasn't, and the 'white supremacy' questions had been going on long before that comment, despite numerous condemnations by Trump.

Many of the documents I'm talking about have been made public. A Senate committee has them. So far they're saying they're legit. For the 100000000000th time, what I'm talking about is separate from the laptop.

Re: No, it's absolutely about hilarious media bias

Oct 29, 2020, 12:39 PM

This is where we seem to have a disconnect.

You think the press is hounding Trump just because they have some anti-Trump bias. What I'm saying, and I think you agreed, is that Biden doesn't do the dumb Trump #### that gets Trump in trouble.

Why would they hound Biden after Biden apologizes and says he shouldn't have said that? Show me where Trump apologized and said he shouldn't have said that. If Biden had said,"What are you talking about, I didn't say 'you ain't Black,' that's fake news, it's a Republican hoax," and the press didn't hound him about it, THEN you'd have a point. But you seem to think that Trump shouldn't be held responsible for his own statements, and that flat-out denials of reality should be as acceptable to journalists as Biden's acknowledgement of his mistake and apology.

And I know you're trying to pretend the "stand by" comment was made like 3 years ago, but it wasn't,

What are you talking about? He just said that, like last month!

Many of the documents I'm talking about have been made public. A Senate committee has them. So far they're saying they're legit. For the 100000000000th time, what I'm talking about is separate from the laptop.

If they're public, where can I get them? I want to download them so I can show them to you in a year and ask how come you forgot all about these.

- Jonathan Swift

No, he doesn't, but when he does goof up he gets a pass

Oct 29, 2020, 12:54 PM

I don't think it's an anti-Trump bias, I think it's an anti-Republican bias. Evidence of which can be seen in every Presidential election and tenure. I know we like to pretend we could just go back to the good ole days of George Bush, but I remember him being a horrible racist at the time. Mitt Romney too.

You're focusing on a statement made 1-2 months ago, as if he wasn't being hounded by those questions repeatedly for years already. He repeatedly denounced white supremacy, and still got hounded with the questions. For years.

I'm trying to find them myself. It would be nice if we could have a few actual journalist to provide them. All I can find is that they were given to the Senate, and "a number of media outlets". I would think people obsessed with foreign interference would be interested in going through them, guess not.

Re: No, he doesn't, but when he does goof up he gets a pass

Oct 29, 2020, 1:37 PM

You're focusing on a statement made 1-2 months ago

He said it exactly 1 month ago. His refusal to address the statement for the last 30 days is a choice he made.

And no, he doesn't repeatedly denounce white supremacists. He does one he gets badgered enough, sometimes by his own staff.

- Jonathan Swift

The biggest issue holding back Huntergate that I see is the

Oct 29, 2020, 11:21 AM [ in reply to If you had text messages and emails indicating that I was ]

terribly botched rollout and introduction of the "Hunter Biden Laptop" source - the shady and now apparently swept under the rug origins of the whole matter from the Delaware repair shop. The DNI's comments about the laptop not being a "Russian disinformation" plot actually skips over the likelihood that Russian-aligned hackers accessed files illegally (not disinformation) to begin with from a different source, while Rudy and whatever campaign assistance he had available concocted the plant of the source on a laptop to get them into the public light, via Trump supporter and foreign national Rupert Murdoch. And again, it's a Rupert Murdoch fake news program that is trying to keep it all alive, a program that is immune from being sued for spreading false information.

Sadly, even if there is any legitimacy to any of the interviewees claims, the process leading up was so Keystone Kops bad that it's simply a non-issue for the non Ever Trumpers.

I won't necessarily disagree, but you don't find it odd

Oct 29, 2020, 11:35 AM

NOBODY seems interested in digging a little deeper into Tony B's claims? The dude has documents to back up what he's saying, the times, dates, and places should be easy to authenticate or disprove. I'll even admit that I wouldn't necessarily expect Biden to address it without being prompted, but I would expect some of our supposedly esteemed journalists to follow up and see if there's anything there.

Forget the laptop, forget Tucker Carlson, we've got a seemingly credible dude who says he's got documents to back it up his claims. I'd at least like to see some questions asked instead of an outright dismissal by the media.

I don't find it odd that actual journalists working for

Oct 29, 2020, 12:18 PM

legitimate news organizations are not following up on a story assembled and promoted by non-journalists, Rupert Murdoch-aligned non-journalists at that, no. Especially considering the origins and timing. If the whole thing had been orchestrated better from the get-go it might have had a chance to gain traction. If anything, this should serve as an example at how inept Trump and his circle are at managing events effectively, and how shady his operatives are, which it very well may be doing for many undecided voters here in the homestretch.

Again, y'all are focusing only on the laptop and Rudy

Oct 29, 2020, 12:40 PM

Giuliani, and that's not what I'm talking about. And I'm sorry, this B.S. about "actual journalists" not following up on a story due to some sort journalistic integrity is absolute horsesheet after the past 4 years of media coverage.

All of it is married at the hip. You only get so many

Oct 29, 2020, 12:52 PM

opportunities to cry "Wolf" before the villagers tune you out.

Then there's this new twist on all of this? A dog ate my homework? This is getting so bad it could even backfire on the borderline Trump voters he very desperately needs at this juncture.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/tucker-carlson-hunter-biden-documents-vanish-los-angeles

Not really, and I don't even think you're reading what's

Oct 29, 2020, 12:56 PM

being posted.

Re: All of it is married at the hip. You only get so many

Oct 29, 2020, 1:51 PM [ in reply to All of it is married at the hip. You only get so many ]

Yep someone wearing a mask stole them. I have this on good authority.

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic