Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you can have any 5 of our remaining targets....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 3,129

If you can have any 5 of our remaining targets....

Mar 25, 2015, 9:46 PM

Who ya got??

Saivion Smith - If Rashaun Smith comes aboard tomorrow, I think we could potentially flip him...He committed awfully quick. He would start at CB from day 1

Julian Rochester - Gonna be tough to get him away from Auburn and UGA. I think he is the best DT in this class

Trayvon Mullen - I don't really where we stand with him at this point, haven't heard anything. Mullen and Smith playing opposite each other at CB would be an absolute nightmare for opposing QBs. We HAVE to keep getting elite DBs if we want to compete at the highest level. Look how much of an impact Mac has made in just 1 year. I think if we get either one, we might be likely to get em both

Shavar Manuel - Nabbing Manuel would be the biggest recruiting coup since Spiller. I really wouldn't be surprised if we see some dominoes starting to fall here...it all starts with Smith. Each additional IMG guy that commits just makes it more likely we get the next. Same thing happened at Miami a couple years ago. Would make this class the best ever

Rashan Gary/Dexter Lawrence - Both are equally as talented as Rochester. I think we have a better chance with Lawrence, but I would be happy with either one

Just missed the cut - Diondre Overton, Tre Lamar, Mecole Hardman

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you can have any 5 of our remaining targets....

Mar 25, 2015, 10:13 PM

Charles wily
Diondre Overton
dexter Lawrence
Tre Lamar

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boudreaux***

Mar 25, 2015, 10:14 PM

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

R. Smith, R Gary, C Wiley, S. Smith, P Boudreaux ......

Mar 25, 2015, 11:47 PM

I'll be greedy here and give you my class under the assumption we take 17-

QB Zerrick Cooper
RB Tavien Feaster
TE JC Chalk
WR TJ Chase
WR Cornell Powell
WR Diondre Overton
OL Parker Boudreaux
OL EJ Price
OL John Simpson
OL Sean Pollard
DT Rashan Gary
DE Charles Wiley
LB Rahshaun Smith
LB Tre Lamar
LB Jamie Skalski
CB Saivion Smith
S Jacob Morgenstern

And if I had to pick a PK/P, I'll take Alex Barbir

Juuuuust right.... That would work.***

Mar 26, 2015, 10:46 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That would be

Mar 26, 2015, 11:48 AM [ in reply to R. Smith, R Gary, C Wiley, S. Smith, P Boudreaux ...... ]

quite the impressive class...except Id like to see another big time DT...I really dont think we need 4 OL

Re: R. Smith, R Gary, C Wiley, S. Smith, P Boudreaux ......

Mar 28, 2015, 5:51 PM [ in reply to R. Smith, R Gary, C Wiley, S. Smith, P Boudreaux ...... ]

This has to been one of the sickest LBing classes.

I think Clemson needs to lock down the #1 OL in state with Simpson and the #1 defensive player with Pickney. We gotta lock down our SC top talent and with them 2 plus feaster mission accomplished. Then any one of the stud DTs to go with nyles would be insane. Wiley has freak potential in him

Mar 25, 2015, 11:51 PM

You completely forgot about the O-Line recruits. Parker, John, Clark, and EJ.

Didn't forget em, I would rather have the other guys

Mar 26, 2015, 11:48 AM

although I am confident we land Boudreaux and maybe Price

Mar 26, 2015, 11:46 AM

I'll take:

1. Saivion Smith - lockdown corner potential to play across from Fields/Tank/Carter. Mack won't be here past this season.
2. Rashan Gary - absolute freak athlete at DT; Ndamukong Suh potential (minus the boneheaded acts of aggression)
3. Charles Wiley - freakish speed rusher, probably the closest thing to a Beasley in this class with more room for physical growth
4. EJ Price - obvious NFL potential and still growing. Just have to teach him the technique.
5. Tre Lamar - would have put Boudreaux but getting Lamar represents a head to head win against the clear top recruiting team in the nation in Bama. Make no mistake, Bama has Lamar on top of their board to play the same position as Dont'a Hightower and beating them for their own top prospect represents a major win for Clemson in jockeying for national respect vs. Auburn, UGA, FSU, and other similar top-tier programs.

Just missed the cut: Parker Boudreaux, Dexter Lawrence, Julian Rochester

I see our recruiting class finishing up (currently uncommitted prospects only) something like this:
Saivion Smith
Rahshaun Smith
EJ Price
John Simpson
Parker Boudreaux
Tre Lamar
Diondre Overton
Charles Wiley
Niles Pinckney (incredible that a very good player such as Pinckney is only the 5th or 6th best DT on our board)
Antwuan Jackson

We don't have room for a large class this year unfortunately; I doubt we end up taking more than 19 or maybe 20 players total. If we do take a larger class you may see us add a few more from the group of Robbie Robinson, Clark Yarbrough, Jack DeFoor, Chidi Okonya, Luke Elder, Korey Charles, Jacob Morgenstern, and a few others. I don't think we land the BIG big fish at DT we are pursuing (Rochester, Gary, Lawrence) but Jackson is a top 80 player and Pinckney will be top 150.

Mar 28, 2015, 5:36 PM

Wow anybody who believes that Julian Rochester or Lawrence are equally as talented as Rashan Gary needs to take a closer look at the top defensive player in the 2016 class. He would be the highest ranked player to ever come to Clemson

I want McDoom just for the cool name !

Mar 28, 2015, 8:35 PM

nm

Mar 28, 2015, 9:23 PM

man i need some talented linemen- im being reasonable when i think we get

john simpson (former wrestler, know he knows how to work hard!)

parker- rarely see kids actually physically built to play college o-line b4 sr yr of high school

chuck wiley- you know he realizes he's a 5 yr younger vic beasley except he's farther along relatively

pickney- ### good kid, amazing he's not even 1 of our best dt's we're going after

saivion smith- after he sees mack in coverage, our d & team in general, & then takes his official (probably same day tj & rashaun take there's) i'd love to see how he can say no.

i'm pretty sure we get overton & lamar too, so wasnt too worried about putting them in my top 5

Replies: 12
| visibility 3,129
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic