Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
After Morris
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 3,927

After Morris

Aug 14, 2013, 3:03 PM

I know this has probably been discussed here (give me a break I'm new :)), but who do you want to replace Morris when he leaves? As much as I will hate to see it happen, it's only a matter of time before he gets a HC position. I am going to delite in us averaging 60 points a game this year though, especially when we hang that amount on the coots :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: After Morris

Aug 14, 2013, 3:08 PM

My ideal situation is for Jeff Scott to take over and be successful. I don't know if that is a reasonable expectation at this point but if it works it is what is best for the program. I trust Dabo will make a decision based on his opinion on where Scott is when Morris leaves, but I know it will be a difficult one for him. Good news is Jeff has at least 12 more games to train before it is even an option.

null

My understanding is that they are grooming Jeff to take over

Aug 14, 2013, 3:10 PM

when The Chad leaves. So that would make him "Offensive Coordinator in Waiting".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

That would be fine with me. Assuming he has the

Aug 14, 2013, 3:20 PM

smarts and the moxy, I'd rather have a guy like Jeff who has proven to be an asset to Clemson, already has Clemson in his blood, and has trained under the master for some time, than go out after that day's flavor of the day at OC.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I'm suprised they haven't given Chad "HC in waiting" title.***

Aug 14, 2013, 4:06 PM [ in reply to My understanding is that they are grooming Jeff to take over ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm suprised they haven't given Chad "HC in waiting" title.***

Aug 14, 2013, 4:07 PM

Probably because if Dabo stays he'll be waiting for 20-30 years!

Re: I'm suprised they haven't given Chad "HC in waiting" title.***

Aug 14, 2013, 8:10 PM

That and Swinney is an Alabama alum and Morris has ties to Texas.

Having said that, I think Morris will be hired as the next head coach at the University of Texas (soon) and Swinney will eventually leave Clemson and return to Alabama. (if Saban ever leaves & Swinney is given the opportunity)

If Saban remains at Bama, (for any length of time) then Swinney will likely stay at Clemson and promote Scott, or look for a suitable replacement for Morris.

I may be delusional, but I think Dabo stays here

Aug 15, 2013, 6:08 AM

We gave him a chance when no one else would even think about it. He seems to be the type develops a loyalty to that sort of thing. It is not like we are Ark St., Furman, or SCar, we are Clemson, a destination, not a stepping stone or a retirement resort for washed up coaches.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2013, 3:12 PM

I think there's also a possibility of Dabo moving on to an SEC school (I don't think there's any denying he wants to regardless of how we feel about the SEC) and Morris taking over here at Clemson.

Morris is going to be one hell of a head coach one day. Like Chip Kelly on steroids.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo will rival Frank Howard's tenure before he retires.

Aug 14, 2013, 3:24 PM

Well loved and loves Clemson. He will be here many years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If/when Alabama calls he'll be gone tomorrow***

Aug 14, 2013, 3:47 PM

Re: If/when Alabama calls he'll be gone tomorrow***

Aug 14, 2013, 4:03 PM

has any school expressed interest in dabo?

Re: If/when Alabama calls he'll be gone tomorrow***

Aug 14, 2013, 10:38 PM

Thinking Bama would stoop to an insurance salesman is a joke. With all of Dabo's success, people aren't exactly beating the doors down to hire him. Alabama might hire him as a recruiting coordinator. But, when Saban leaves, they will hire a coach and not an insurance salesman. As for Jeff Scott, most USC fans would pray that a Dabo/Jeff Scott deal would be a lifetime contract.

I don't think so. He will have to follow Saban and that is

Aug 14, 2013, 4:08 PM [ in reply to If/when Alabama calls he'll be gone tomorrow*** ]

like followning Danny Ford. Won't have a chance following a legend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not sure that's the only reason he wouldn't take the job

Aug 14, 2013, 4:17 PM

Bama seems to be clean but who knows?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think so. He will have to follow Saban and that is

Aug 14, 2013, 10:04 PM [ in reply to I don't think so. He will have to follow Saban and that is ]

I do think so

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't see him leaving for another school except Alabama.

Aug 14, 2013, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: After Morris ]

Ya idgit.

No reason to leave for any cept Bama.

Aug 14, 2013, 4:14 PM

We can pay him as well as anyone in the NCAA and the only reason he'd go back to Bama is to give back.

It's actually more likely when he think about who has done the most for him he'll remember us giving him his first shot at HCing. I'd venture to say that excluding the spiritual and family joy he's experienced getting his present position is the most ovulating (does that mean over whelmingly joyful) experience of his life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's producing eggs??

Aug 14, 2013, 4:25 PM

Who knew?

It's strictly for the vaccine cultures... They're necessary.***

Aug 14, 2013, 5:53 PM

Aug 14, 2013, 5:52 PM

Hey "Newbie"....

CAN WE GET THROUGH THE SEASON FIRST????

Good grief!

Go Tigers!!!!

Aug 14, 2013, 8:12 PM

I think you almost have to give Scott a chance. You have recruited fora system so you want to stick with it. Simply put, besides Morris, there iisn't anyone besides Scott who has a lot of experience with the system. I guess you could go for a Gus Malzahn disciple but there isn't a lot of those either and that system is a little different. Morris is pretty unique and the only people who truly know the offense are on the clemson staff now.

wow

Aug 14, 2013, 10:17 PM

At this thread. nm.

^^Tell'em Coot!!***

Aug 15, 2013, 5:53 AM

Replies: 23
| visibility 3,927
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic