Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If we win out
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

If we win out

Nov 5, 2012, 10:38 AM

FSU decides who we play in the BCS. A loss to VA Tech means we play the Big East (most likely Louisville), if FSU wins out then we most likely play LSU (GA most likely will get stomped by Bama and fall behind LSU for 2nd spot), IF FSU wins ACC but loses to Florida then we would play Florida.
Contrary to most, I don't think Georgia has a shot to make a BCS bowl.

It's tough to decide which scenario to pull for. Any thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we win out

Nov 5, 2012, 10:56 AM

Unfortunately, I'm afraid even if we win out we might get left out of the BCS. If OU wins out they're gonna be in the same spot as us and they may be a more desirable brand than us. I hate it but it might be our reality. Boise losing certainly increases our chances though.

I see your logic with LSU and UGA and Florida.

If we win out and FSU beats Florida but GA gets pummeled by Bama...I guess its LSU in Sugar.

If we win out and FSU loses to Florida it's Florida in Sugar.

If we win out and regardless of what happens w FSU but GA plays Bama close but loses I think its GA.

If you want to roll that BCS dice, go ahead

Nov 5, 2012, 10:57 AM

I'd rather control my own destiny after an FSU loss, than to put my hope into some bowl committee.

Just for fun, and spitballing here....

Nov 5, 2012, 11:02 AM

Let's say both FSU and Clemson win out ... putting FSU in line for the Orange and at the same time gutting the SEC's claim for supreme top-to-bottom football supremacy.

And, somehow, Oregon and K State slip up, putting the (ugh!) BB Heads in the title game against Bama.

As long as Oregon doesn't fall in the Pac-12 title game, they'd be in the rose. KState, presumably would be in the Fiesta.

Is it possible we might be in the Fiesta, since they have the first choice?

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes***

Nov 5, 2012, 11:18 AM

If Fiesta is what you want

Nov 5, 2012, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Just for fun, and spitballing here.... ]

I say best way is Oregon undefeated and Rose gets to fill their auto bid with an undefeated ND. Am I wrong or do they bowls who lose their auto bid get to choose first? They certainly won't take an at large PAC 12 team over undefeated ND. I think Sugar will fill the autobid with another SEC obviously. This would mean Fiesta gets next pick between Clemson or a K State and Oklahoma rematch. I think we get the nod.

That was my suspicion...

Nov 5, 2012, 12:40 PM

The Fiesta has no desire for a Big 12 rematch. And they might jump the Sugar Bowl to get what the see as a hot commodity.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a possibility

Nov 5, 2012, 12:42 PM

I prefer to see us hopefully beat an SEC team however. If we beat KSU in the Fiesta then it will just create more space between the SEC and everyone else.

Re: If we win out

Nov 5, 2012, 11:37 AM

Cant wait to see lowcountry weigh in....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

I don't think OU is an issue

Nov 5, 2012, 2:05 PM

They have to go to WVU and that QB just does not have the swagger to go into that environment and win. I am a life long Sooner so I speak from many many hours of watching him play.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic