Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Predicting the offense in 2017 draft
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Predicting the offense in 2017 draft

Apr 18, 2016, 9:16 AM

I think the offense is going to be watched a lot by scouts this year.

Watson 1st round pick
Williams 1st round pick
Leggett 2nd round pick
Scott 2nd-3rd round pick
Guillermo 4th-7th round pick

Not much needs to be said of Watson or Williams.

Leggett I believe is dangerous and has great size and pass-catching ability and if he shows a "nastiness" in his blocking could move into 1st round consideration. I do believe that he is kinda slow which could hinder him some like it did Dwayne who was at least explosive. Mostly it is just tough to get into the 1st round as a TE.

Scott I think just lacks the measurables and ball skills to be a 1st rounder. He is probably a 4.5 guy at 5'10 and a hair under 200lbs without eye popping hands. Hard to find a tougher receiver who will do all the right things and get the tough yards.

Guillermo is a big nasty center and though I think he could do well in the league I just don't know if he will go higher than 4. Hyatt will likely buck that trend for Clemson OL in 2018 or 2019 draft.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Forgot how to spell Gallman...***

Apr 18, 2016, 9:25 AM

will he be leaving?***

Apr 18, 2016, 9:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: will he be leaving?***

Apr 18, 2016, 10:12 AM

Unless Gallman is injured a la Mike, he absolutely will declare for the draft....and should be a top half of the draft pick.

Once he has his pass catching down, his game translates well into the nfl.

tbh, idc. our friend mike mentioned Gallman's "absence".

Apr 18, 2016, 10:25 AM

not knowing for sure the why 81 didn't include him, i offered something for mike to chew.

of those on the list, 3 will have no eligibility[unless MW seeks the medical for 2015] and dabo has said this would be dw & artavis' last spring game, offering the info as reason to come see them one last spring in DV.

i don't know what grade it will take for WG to head for the door, maybe he's hell bent, but as you said he still has work to do.

if you feel he's gone, mike might appreciate a draft grade[more than top half]?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FACEPALM

Apr 18, 2016, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Forgot how to spell Gallman...*** ]

I think he is a 2nd-3rd round pick. If he were to have a great year he could really be considered for the 1st but the biggest problem with that is 3 guys named Fournette, Cook, and McCaffrey. Also it would be just absurd to have 3 1st rounders on offense on one team the year after potentially 3 1st rounders are taken off of defense in 2016. Would be unbelievable but I don't think Gallman goes before halfway through the 2nd.

Gallman

Apr 18, 2016, 5:21 PM [ in reply to Forgot how to spell Gallman...*** ]

I agree with where he had the other players; I would predict Wayne
in the 3rd round......"right now".

Agree on Watson and Williams. I think Gallman goes around

Apr 18, 2016, 10:27 AM

the 3rd. TEs are kinda tough to predict but I think Leggett will ultimately be a mid round pick. I'm not too high on Scott's draft stock. I'm not sure how the NFL is going to react to a guy that catches everything at the LOS, lacks elite ball skills, and probably won't tear up the combine. He's a warrior and a great college player but I don't see him getting drafted highly, rounds 3-4 probably best case.

Wayne in the 3rd round too.**

Apr 18, 2016, 10:38 AM

nm

If we win it all, how about Crowder?

Apr 18, 2016, 10:41 AM

He may have a big year and consider jumping? What do you think? Would he get drafted?

Re: If we win it all, how about Crowder?

Apr 18, 2016, 10:57 AM

not a good idea. He is an short guard who struggles in pass pro and with keeping good weight. Not exactly screaming high draft pick.

Re: Predicting the offense in 2017 draft

Apr 18, 2016, 12:58 PM

If Mitch Hyatt stays through his senior year to gain as much experience as he can, and put on at least 10-20 pounds more muscle. I'm predicting that he will go in the first round. And I wouldn't be shocked to see him drafted early, before a top 20 pick. When a true freshman can hold down a starting job on a NC type team as a true freshman, he has what it takes to hold down a spot on an NFL roster after he gets his big 6'6" frame NFL ready out of college!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't forget Gallman

Apr 18, 2016, 1:16 PM

1st - 2nd rounder barring injury

Everybody else looks spot on

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love Gallman, but he's never gonna be a 1st rounder.***

Apr 18, 2016, 1:18 PM

Apr 18, 2016, 3:47 PM

As good as Scott has been for us I think he will be a 4th rd or beyond pick. He doesn't have the ideal height or speed and a bunch of teams won't like how he catches a lot of balls with his body instead of primarily using his hands.

If Gallman has another monster year and improves his catching ability I think he would be a mid-late 2nd rd/ likely 3rd rd draft pick. Especially when you factor in the way the NFL has stopped taking any RB that isn't super elite in the 1st rd and with Cook, Fournette likely coming out this season as well.

Hard to say with Scott..

Apr 18, 2016, 4:40 PM

Percy Harvin was 5ft 11 and ran a 4.41 and went in the first round. I am not sure what's Scott's true height or 40 time will be. Tavis Austin is 5ft 9, but I am sure blazing fast. He went 1st round. I could see Scott going late 2nd round or early 3rd round. It helps to be a Clemson WR now a days too. Time will tell. I think he is going to have a relatively long NFL career no matter what round he gets drafted though.

Apr 18, 2016, 10:13 PM

Oline pedictions

Jay is short..and may be FA
Hyatt first rounder
And don't sleep on Jake and Hearns to get drafted

Apr 19, 2016, 2:00 AM

Mostly agree, add in Wayne Train as others have said

Clemson could legitimately have 3 straight NFL top-5 picks: DW4 (2017), C Wilkins (2018), Big Dex (2019). Hyatt could also be a high 1st rd in 2018....

Apr 19, 2016, 2:40 AM

I'm really surprised that it is like a foregone conclusion that this is Scott's last year. Man, what will our 2017 offense be like losing Watson, Leggett, Gallman, Williams, and Scott at one time? This right here is the exact reason that you cannot sit back and fail at recruiting for even one season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic