Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If we win a National Championship this year...it will be ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

If we win a National Championship this year...it will be ...

Nov 9, 2020, 10:48 AM

Because of the Notre Dame loss....

I won't say it exposed issues, because that implies issues weren't already evident...

First off ...our team played their hearts out...they left everything on the field...I cannot fault them at all..

As has already been discussed...injuries caught up to us...and there was some questionable play calling...

If we had gotten by with the win...I don't think the degree of self analysis would've taken place....not to the degree needed...

Here's hoping that we play the rest of the year at closer to full strength...but regardless...ND (if they make it to the ACC championship) and whoever we play in the CFP will likely attack us the same way we were attacked Saturday night....

The loss forces the coaching staff to spend the next two weeks addressing issues...
- It's time to stop waiting on this O-line to "gel" as run blockers....it's not happening...we need to adjust play calling accordingly....our run game needs to be a screen game...no or very few runs up the middle....RPO and runs to the edge...this is not rocket science..and not something our coaches don't know...but the hope that this o-line will come around needs to be scrapped..
- Ball security...ball security...ball security..
Did I say ball security? Uncharacteristic fumbles finally caught up to us...It should seem obvious...but teams respect us...they know they won't get many shots on offense...we should expect that they will try and strip the ball on every carry...ETN wasn't stripped...but Amari most definitely was...
- Teams will likely huddle and do whatever they can to mask formations...quick snaps...etc..Venables is a master at adjustments...teams will do everything to take that away...

It's pretty obvious that ND spent the whole season scheming for Clemson...may have impacted them and led to some closer games..but on Saturday it paid off.....
They've done us a favor in doing so...and now we have two weeks to address it...

You can complain about play calling...but we have the hardest working coaching staff and players in America....you'd better believe they won't waste the next two weeks..

So if (and I think there's still a good chance we will)we win a National Championship this year...be grateful this loss came when it did...much rather now than the CFP...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we win a National Championship this year...it will be ...

Nov 9, 2020, 10:54 AM

Per Dabo, one learns more form losses than wins - so, you may have a point here.

Nov 9, 2020, 11:15 AM

A very mature response to what we have been going through the past several games. If we can identify our problem areas, you had better believe Dabo and staff can.
Thanks,
TIGER SAM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CLEMSAM

Nov 9, 2020, 10:57 AM

I agree... I also point that this loss might also spur 2021 and 2022 runs.

The team that took a very veteran, well coached ND team to the end was mostly sophomore and true freshmen, stepping up.

Nov 9, 2020, 11:04 AM

Undoubtedly so ...
DJU is the real deal ..as are all our freshmen that played in this game ...

The game time they got is so much more valuable than mop up duty in a blow out..

Games like this will pay massive dividends in the future ...
Bad news for UGA and whatever poor soul (a transfer maybe) Kirby puts on the field at QB against us next year...

Ok, but there's no way we would've lost that game with

Nov 9, 2020, 11:02 AM

a different set of refs. That loss was 100% of the officiating crew.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Ok, but there's no way we would've lost that game with

Nov 9, 2020, 11:10 AM

I don’t agree with you there. We had quite a few pass interference calls/no calls go our way on both sides of the ball. Which calls do you think we’re the bad ones?

The defensive TD, the dropped long pass that was called

Nov 9, 2020, 11:24 AM

a completion, the no-calls on holding every #### play, not starting the clock when there was 2:01 left saving ND a timeout...I could go on but there's no reason to.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Nov 9, 2020, 11:02 AM

We have been over rated for most of the season IMO. The O-line is a major weakness and without all starters on D, we are weak there as well.

At this point, I do not see us winning a Natty, but there's a long way to go.

Nov 9, 2020, 11:04 AM

Have you watched any other teams play?

Saying we are overrated prior to the loss because we have faults is ignoring the faults of others as well.

Nov 9, 2020, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Re: If we win a National Championship this year...it will be ... ]

We aren’t weak on D ...we are inexperienced though...as you get further down the depth chart...

I still stick by my original post ....

We have a legitimate chance to win the National Title (when closer to full strength on both sides of the ball)...

Here’s hoping Skalski, Davis, Ladson, Ngata, Jones etc etc etc are all back at full strength by years end ...

Nov 9, 2020, 11:17 AM

And if we don't win a National Championship this year, it was because;
1) You weren't on the coaching staff so please make certain you send the part about the issues they need to address to Dabo Swinney.com.
2)We don't have the "Luck of the Irish".
3)We don't have "Touchdown Jesus" as our Head Coach or even our mascot.
4)They cashed in the winning Lottery Ticket.
5)Swofford told the Head of Officiating to give Clemson the "royal screw".
Look we lost the game
Get over it.
We might just face them again in the ACCCG, but FSU comes next. Lose that one and you won't play for the National Championship, but you might meet Georgia in the Papa John Toilet Bowl.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic