Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To make the NCAA tourney....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 887

To make the NCAA tourney....

Feb 17, 2014, 10:22 AM

we have to win the last 6 games, if you ask me. The chances of that happening are slim, but I'll watch and cheer for it either way! NIT bound though hopefully, I haven't seen Clemson in a meaningful tournament game since the WVU game in 2011, and boy are those fun to watch!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we win 5 of the next 6 we will have a good shot

Feb 17, 2014, 10:32 AM

20-10 with a 11-7 conference record and an RPI in the 45-55 range.

At the end of the day I do think we need 6 more total wins including ACC Tourny

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we win 5 of the next 6 we will have a good shot

Feb 17, 2014, 10:42 AM

Agreed: win 5 of 6 and 21st win at the ACC Tournament could get us in

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt that gets us in

Feb 17, 2014, 11:29 AM [ in reply to If we win 5 of the next 6 we will have a good shot ]

The RPI would not be up that high. Every team we play from here on out, except pitt, has a much lower RPI than us. So, even winning doesnt really give us a boost. Winning 5 out of 6, I think you're saying we lose to Pitt...That means our entire resume has only 1 win over a quality team, the Dook win. that's one win is not enough to hang our hats on. The resume just isnt there this year to get in period. We had our chance, we lost on the road at ND, then lost a tough game at home vs UVA. We dont have a single quality road win. Our best non-conf win is vs Davidson and their RPI is 158-ish.

We have another game with Pitt. on the schedule....

Feb 17, 2014, 1:19 PM

so if that was one of the 5 that would be another pretty good win

Re: To make the NCAA tourney....

Feb 17, 2014, 10:36 AM

The important thing to remember is that you don't have to make the NCAA tourney to keep your job as head basketball coach @ Clemson, nor will you take a pay cut for missing it.

Making the NIT, The Brad will probably get a bonus.

Re: To make the NCAA tourney....

Feb 17, 2014, 10:44 AM

people have finally figured out we have no O but KJ. it is a long shot and the way we are going it isnt likely we'll make it unless someone steps up. and they appear to be stepping the other way unfortunately

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

5 of 6 to finish 11-7 in the ACC and we are squarely on the

Feb 17, 2014, 10:53 AM

bubble, but probably on the right side...

I think it would be a situtation where a loss in the ACCT may not completely knock us out... but a win would lock us in.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Win out plus 1 in ACCT

Feb 17, 2014, 10:57 AM

and we have a shot. Anything less than that and you can hope we make NIt.

Likely NIT will take 18 or 19 wins. 19 would make it a lock.

Were gonna have our work cut out for us. Only miami is a sure win and really thats not even a sure win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Win out plus 1 in ACCT

Feb 17, 2014, 11:13 AM

and what have you seen lately that makes winning out seem possible. I've seen KJ and 4 passengers that couldn't hit a meaningful shot if they had to.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think 1-5 is more likely than 6-0 lol***

Feb 17, 2014, 11:18 AM

Replies: 10
| visibility 887
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic